• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Spinnaker Flex Time Reservations---Hilton Head

gmcclana

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a question for those folks who own flex time at a Spinnaker resort in Hilton Head:

Have you been pleased with your ability to book the summer week of your choice?

Greg

janej

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Greg,

I made reservations for two years before I sold my spinnaker. The first year, I completed closing after October. I was able to get a week in August. I think August was pretty open. The second year I wanted to reserve July 4th week but I was on vacation when that reservation window opened. I had to get July 6th check in. It was not bad at all. All you have to do is send an email. They respond very fast.

Hope this helps,

Jane

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I own a fixed week 26 at Waterside. I wondered about the availability of summer weeks. When at the owners wine/cheese 2 years ago, I spoke to at least 3 families who had reserved week 26 at Waterside with flex time. They also said they had been there on week 26 or 27 the prior year. They all said they made their reservation while on vacation for the next summer. One thing to consider, I heard if you are banking your week with RCI or II, you cannot bank a prime summer week. We have been very happy with Waterside by Spinnaker. Elaine

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I heard if you are banking your week with RCI or II, you cannot bank a prime summer week. We have been very happy with Waterside by Spinnaker. Elaine

Is it just for floating week owners or all owners (fixed weeks included)?
I didn't register my Waterside week to RCI or II because I use it myself, but previous owner said fixed week owners can deposit owned week to RCI.
Had no chance to confirm or check it myself.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also had no problem depositing my reservation to RCI. But the TPU value RCI gave was really not very good. I think they improved since then, at least from looking at what it takes to trade in.

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
Floating weeks

Is it just for floating week owners or all owners (fixed weeks included)?
I didn't register my Waterside week to RCI or II because I use it myself, but previous owner said fixed week owners can deposit owned week to RCI.
Had no chance to confirm or check it myself.

My understanding is that Spinnaker controls the deposits of floating weeks to RCI and II and they do not allow prime summer weeks to be reserved for trading. If you have a fixed week you can do what you want.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
you can deposit your fixed week. I have a week 26 at Waterside and deposit it all the time. However, if you did not buy from Spinnaker, you cannot deposit with II, only RCI. I wanted to switch to II last year--no deal. No biggie---I traded Waterside for a summer 2 BR HGVC in Hawaii---so, I'm fine with RCI.

stevedmatt

TUG Member
Reaction score
the TPU value RCI gave was really not very good. I think they improved since then, at least from looking at what it takes to trade in.

Don't look at that. I could get 23 TPU if I had deposited my August week 9 months out. It would cost me 47 TPU to trade back in for the same week. RCI will not be seeing this week.

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
That's outrageous!

Don't look at that. I could get 23 TPU if I had deposited my August week 9 months out. It would cost me 47 TPU to trade back in for the same week. RCI will not be seeing this week.

A 100% spread between deposit and trade value. :annoyed: That's why I dropped RCI.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, I noticed the TPU required to trade in increased since I sold my week. I assumed they increased the TPU for deposit also.

Maybe we can start direct exchange for these weeks here at TUG. Since RCI allows TPU transfer, people can post the weeks they want to deposit here to get more TPU than RCI offers;)

esk444

TUG Member
Reaction score
you can deposit your fixed week. I have a week 26 at Waterside and deposit it all the time. However, if you did not buy from Spinnaker, you cannot deposit with II, only RCI. I wanted to switch to II last year--no deal. No biggie---I traded Waterside for a summer 2 BR HGVC in Hawaii---so, I'm fine with RCI.

Does anyone know if this is still true? I own a fixed week resale at Cottages at Shipyard and remember them telling me years ago no fixed resale owners can trade into II, except Bluewater. But there are messages here and there where members are saying that trade through II.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I didn't think Bluewater had fixed weeks. I thought they all floated 1-52. As far as I know, fixed spinnaker weeks can not exchange through II.

The flip side for float and flex owners who trade through II, Spinnaker won't let you have a summer week for deposit.

Last edited: