• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

new york sightseeing

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be visiting the Manhattan Club in the spring and wanted to know if anyone has used the NYC Citypass. I was wondering if it is worth the price.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Maybe. Depends on how many places you'll visit.

I'd do a hop-on, hop-off bus tour, not anything that requires a boat.
I did the boats once... Totally froze my tuchas (hind-quarters) off.
... If you do, wear a ski mask... but don't carry a weapon.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
We will be visiting the Manhattan Club in the spring and wanted to know if anyone has used the NYC Citypass. I was wondering if it is worth the price.

If you want to visit - The Empire State Building Observatory
American Museum of Natural History
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
MOMA (MUSEUM OF MODERN ART)
TOP OF THE ROCK OR GUGGENHEIM MUSEUM
STATUE OF LIBERTY & ELLIS ISLAND
NOTE: DOES NOT INCLUDE CROWN TICKETS OR
MONUMENT ACCESS)
OR
CIRCLE LINE CRUISES
Then I disagree with Colatown.

The City Pass is a great value for visiting those sites - you save $74 over regular ticket prices. Plus there is a special City Pass line at the destinations which can be a big time saver compared to purchasing the tickets on site.

I highly recommend the CIRCLE LINE CRUISES - You turn in your City Pass Voucher for a Circle Line Cruise Ticket. If you want to take the Best of NYC Full Island Cruise (2.5 hours) which circumnavigates Manhattan, you pay a $5 upgrade fee per ticket - I highly recommend the Full Island Cruise. Circle Lines Ticket Office is on Pier 83, West 42nd Street and 12th Avenue. A Westbound M42 or M50 bus will take you there. Circle Line recommends you arrive 45 minutes to an hour before departure and boarding begins a half hour before departure. For more info see www.circleline42.com/new-york-cruises

and www.citypass.com/new-york

If you are interested in the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, I would do that separately.

Richard

topdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
We enjoyed having it

Yes, it is worth it for convenience even if you only see 4 of the sights. If you are going to be active you should get it and see as many of those places as your schedule permits.

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, we plan on going to most of those major sites listed and I was wondering about the express line listed. The shortened lines are the biggest draw for us.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
NY

We found that once we got there and got going our pre-planned timing was off so we went at our own pace and mainly walked, rode the subway or when really tired, took a cab. We averaged 9.5 miles a day just walking in 34 degree weather during the daytime, colder at night! It was rather exhilarating and we saw lots in between destinations! That was last March.