• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owner Update at Avenue Plaza with Marlo...

RRedlich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Vero Beach
DVC Saratoga Springs
Wyndham Avenue Plaza
Wyndham La Bell Maison
Wyndham Bentley Brook
Wyndham Kingsgate
Charter Club, Marco Island
So...After the quick and upbeat owner survey where Marlo came to our room to check on our satisfactions with resort and our Wyndham portfolio, we were invited to come to the first floor for clarification of our contracts. We were informed that our $1 resale contracts were incomplete and we are paying too much in fees due to outdated programs...all because...we had never selected any sub-classification program (ie: select, access, presidential or Margaritaville). I was intrigued...

We arrived and the sales pitch was on... her promise to reduce our MF and consolidate our two portfolios into one member number all under the club wyndham access program and also a elimination of two contracts through Ovations...resulted in a one time offer of a new contract of 77K CWA contract for the low price of $17500. But best of all, the MF would be covered with the rewards points we would have from using a Wyndham Credit card for the contract cost...and even our cell phone bill. She shared how there is no restriction on the inventory and booking availablity for the CWA resorts. She shared how we would only have to spend 77K for prime season booking rather than the expected 154K through CWP. We would use half the points for the vacations we already take... Finally the package include VIP status with the benefits of 25% discount on all reservations...book at 13 months out and then just call at the 60 day window and wyndham will deposit that 25% into my account just because I called... All of this will not cost me a penny because I will be using those reward points gained from the wyndhams credit card.

What a work of fiction...

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought I had heard it all

I think Wyndham must have expanded into the ranching business. Where else could all that bull ship be coming from

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
The worst timeshare presentation we ever had was the "stealth presentation" at the Avenue Plaza. The front desk was packed with people when we checked in so when they said they'd send someone up the next morning with a welcome gift and package of city maps and attractions we said fine. This was two years ago. At the time we'd probably sat thru a couple dozen timeshare presentations. NEVER without being paid an Amex gift card for our time and NEVER in our room, for gosh sakes, so we were completely blindsided.

So the gal brings us up two Wyndham glasses and a bunch of brochures and we're chatting about New Orleans, and soon she's telling us why we should be Wyndham owners instead of Worldmark owners. By now I don't remember all the BS, but the sales contract for $20K materialized at which time I opened the door and ordered her out and basically harangued her all the back to the elevator. We felt liike idiots to have allowed her into our room

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score

I think Wyndham must have expanded into the ranching business. Where else could all that bull ship be coming from

I thought I had heard everything.

Then there was the rancher who was trying to sell Wyndham contracts with two year's of points stripped from the contracts with the bull ship of getting a year of points by paying an additional $39 to credit pool the points.

linpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm always amused at the letters from Wyndham congratulating me on having the good sense or taste or some such praise to be a Wyndham owner. And due to my great good sense - I've been approved to purchase more points and I've been approved for around $50,000 and an exorbitant interest rate. After having a good chuckle, into the shredder it goes!:hysterical:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought I had heard everything.

Then there was the rancher who was trying to sell Wyndham contracts with two year's of points stripped from the contracts with the bull ship of getting a year of points by paying an additional $39 to credit pool the points.

That you think Im as big a thief as Wyndham, doesnt change my opinion that Wyndham is indeed a thief when they lie to make a sale

but to correct (or try to correct your misunderstanding. Actually 3 years was stripped. and in the case of some of the eoy contracts 4

The difference between the two ranchers, is that this rancher doesn't lie to make a sale and if you figure the cost to my buyers is 3 years of maintenance fees before they see their first points, I was charging 2 cents a point vs that other ranchers 20 cents and that was pretty much the market price when I made that offer

I may have be fooling myself when I considered my offer to be a "bargain deal" but I dont think so. The fact is I was happy keeping what I didnt give away, paying my fees and credit pooling future points for immediate availability

RRedlich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Vero Beach
DVC Saratoga Springs
Wyndham Avenue Plaza
Wyndham La Bell Maison
Wyndham Bentley Brook
Wyndham Kingsgate

And after wading through the 2 hours of manure...we didn't even get our gift!!!:bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl:

RRedlich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Vero Beach
DVC Saratoga Springs
Wyndham Avenue Plaza
Wyndham La Bell Maison
Wyndham Bentley Brook
Wyndham Kingsgate
I forgot to mention... Apparently, my account is flagged already for the "do not offer owner updates"...I am not cooperative. We were invited because they had pulled my husband's account...and he is a soft touch.

During her presentation, she stated that CWA MF have not got up since it's inception...she was shocked when I told her the current and past MF rates per 1000 points. Then when I asked about CWA booking availablity...she snapped and said, "I don't know who is feeding you all this false information." I smirked as I once again glanced at my phone which was logged onto TUG.

My husband was concerned that he might be blocked or flagged from making a reservation because of this update. I told him on the flight home..."Sorry Honey...but I think I put you in the banished owners pile...You may NEVER get a free gift again!"

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention... Apparently, my account is flagged already for the "do not offer owner updates"...I am not cooperative. We were invited because they had pulled my husband's account...and he is a soft touch.

During her presentation, she stated that CWA MF have not got up since it's inception...she was shocked when I told her the current and past MF rates per 1000 points. Then when I asked about CWA booking availablity...she snapped and said, "I don't know who is feeding you all this false information." I smirked as I once again glanced at my phone which was logged onto TUG.

My husband was concerned that he might be blocked or flagged from making a reservation because of this update. I told him on the flight home..."Sorry Honey...but I think I put you in the banished owners pile...You may NEVER get a free gift again!"

She snapped at a question?

I like CWA and Ive tried to convince the sales people at Avenue Plaza to convert my weeks to CWA points. but they want $2500 a week or purchase of new points

When I explained that I could just give the weeks back (Ovation) and buy a contract on ebay for less than a penny a point , they throw me out

Im on the do not tour list too. I usually do to the sales office and wonder around lost until someone offers to help me.... boy are they sorry

RRedlich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Vero Beach
DVC Saratoga Springs
Wyndham Avenue Plaza
Wyndham La Bell Maison
Wyndham Bentley Brook
Wyndham Kingsgate
She snapped at a question?

I like CWA and Ive tried to convince the sales people at Avenue Plaza to convert my weeks to CWA points. but they want $2500 a week or purchase of new points

When I explained that I could just give the weeks back (Ovation) and buy a contract on ebay for less than a penny a point , they throw me out

Im on the do not tour list too. I usually do to the sales office and wonder around lost until someone offers to help me.... boy are they sorry

Yes, she snapped. She found me and my direct questions exasperating and distracting from her circular sales pitch. Each question required her to restart her pitch on how the credit card would pay for the expense of the new contract. Halfway through, she put her hands up in frustration to her colleague who was hovering at the door....:rofl::rofl:

The CWA as a program, I would have been interested in, if they converted my three CWP points contracts but...No she offered a new contract and for me to keep what I already had...no benefit for me. Like you I could work through ovations and pick up more than enough CWA on ebay for a fraction of her 77K contract for $17,500

I have the feeling next time I am at Avenue Plaza, the elevator door will not open on the first floor sales office for me.

RRedlich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Vero Beach
DVC Saratoga Springs
Wyndham Avenue Plaza
Wyndham La Bell Maison
Wyndham Bentley Brook
Wyndham Kingsgate
The worst timeshare presentation we ever had was the "stealth presentation" at the Avenue Plaza.

I opened the door and ordered her out and basically harangued her all the back to the elevator. We felt liike idiots to have allowed her into our room

Bravo...Wish I hadn't wasted a minute with this one

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
Can you actually contact Wyndham and ask that they flag you so that you are on their Do Not Tour/Do Not Gift list and they won't bug you at check-in about Owner Updates, Breakfasts, Lunches, or Sales Presentation by any other name?

The last agent was very upset with me for refusing to do anything, said she'd be held accountable and that I needed to call Wyndham to get put on their list. Apparently anyone flagged as Do Not Gift (DNG) is not held against them. But I thought this was up to Wyndham and not upon request.