• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Avenue Plaza and Marathon Weekend

RRedlich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Vero Beach
DVC Saratoga Springs
Wyndham Avenue Plaza
Wyndham La Bell Maison
Wyndham Bentley Brook
Wyndham Kingsgate
Charter Club, Marco Island
We just returned from a lovely weekend in NOLA. Once again, we stayed at Avenue Plaza. The staff are always so pleasant and helpful. We were pleased with the condition the resort is in. The weather afforded us the opportunity to enjoy the hot tub and pool area. It was clean and in good shape (despite some recent damage to the mural by the pool, but overall good shape). We remarked how busy the resort was this weekend. Over the last 5 years of attending this marathon, the occupancy seems to have steadily increased. This is definitely positive for the resort. Hopefully, we won't find it difficult to reserve for next years marathon.

My husband ran the Marathon and as a spectator, I am always lucky to be able to walk out the resort front door and see the runners at mile one and then at mile seven. It is an easy walk to the start line and to the spectators buses to City Park. This is truly the perfect location. The only negative of the weekend was the owner update...

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from a lovely weekend in NOLA. Once again, we stayed at Avenue Plaza. The staff are always so pleasant and helpful. We were pleased with the condition the resort is in. The weather afforded us the opportunity to enjoy the hot tub and pool area. It was clean and in good shape (despite some recent damage to the mural by the pool, but overall good shape). We remarked how busy the resort was this weekend. Over the last 5 years of attending this marathon, the occupancy seems to have steadily increased. This is definitely positive for the resort. Hopefully, we won't find it difficult to reserve for next years marathon.

My husband ran the Marathon and as a spectator, I am always lucky to be able to walk out the resort front door and see the runners at mile one and then at mile seven. It is an easy walk to the start line and to the spectators buses to City Park. This is truly the perfect location. The only negative of the weekend was the owner update...

How do you reserve avenue plaza. Wyndham points, Worldmark credits or do you own or lease one of the floating weeks? or perhaps do you exchange in?

The reason I ask is that there are several ways to reserve here and if your way becomes a problem in the future there are other ways you can explore

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
That is such a nice area of New Orleans, so close to everything, yet you are far enough away to relax a little. The best way to describe it is comparing Park Avenue in Manhattan vs the Broadway area. Which would you prefer?

RRedlich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Vero Beach
DVC Saratoga Springs
Wyndham Avenue Plaza
Wyndham La Bell Maison
Wyndham Bentley Brook
Wyndham Kingsgate
How do you reserve avenue plaza. Wyndham points, Worldmark credits or do you own or lease one of the floating weeks? or perhaps do you exchange in?

The reason I ask is that there are several ways to reserve here and if your way becomes a problem in the future there are other ways you can explore

We are Wyndham fixed weeks owners. We are able to double pay our MF and have two weeks there. What is great is that we are permitted to split our week into a 3 day stay and a 4 day stay.

RRedlich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Vero Beach
DVC Saratoga Springs
Wyndham Avenue Plaza
Wyndham La Bell Maison
Wyndham Bentley Brook
Wyndham Kingsgate
That is such a nice area of New Orleans, so close to everything, yet you are far enough away to relax a little. The best way to describe it is comparing Park Avenue in Manhattan vs the Broadway area. Which would you prefer?

That is the perfect way to describe it...

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are Wyndham fixed weeks owners. We are able to double pay our MF and have two weeks there. What is great is that we are permitted to split our week into a 3 day stay and a 4 day stay.

I know it well, I have 14 of those weeks (although deeded as fixed weeks they all float)

I was going to suggest you get one of those weeks if you didnt already own one. I have found that early in the year, when the club wyndham and worldmark points inventory is booked there is usually still some availability with the weeks

RRedlich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Vero Beach
DVC Saratoga Springs
Wyndham Avenue Plaza
Wyndham La Bell Maison
Wyndham Bentley Brook
Wyndham Kingsgate
I know it well, I have 14 of those weeks (although deeded as fixed weeks they all float)

I was going to suggest you get one of those weeks if you didnt already own one. I have found that early in the year, when the club wyndham and worldmark points inventory is booked there is usually still some availability with the weeks

Thanks Ron... We discussed going to points rather than the weeks contract. The owner update sales woman gave a great pitch (fabricated tale) of how we needed to eliminate the fixed week contact in liu of CWA

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ron... We discussed going to points rather than the weeks contract. The owner update sales woman gave a great pitch (fabricated tale) of how we needed to eliminate the fixed week contact in liu of CWA

That make perfect sense if you didn't own for the purpose of booking avenue plaza every year

MF for a one bedroom here is about $735
It takes 140000 CWA points for the same week and MF I would be closer to $800 so no savings there and they will charge you to make the trade

And as you know You can split your week and do two weekend with it To do a 3 day and a 4 day reservation with points would cost 161000 points (mf= Over 900 with cwa

Curious... What was the fee to do the swap or did the want to sell you more points

Last edited:

RRedlich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Vero Beach
DVC Saratoga Springs
Wyndham Avenue Plaza
Wyndham La Bell Maison
Wyndham Bentley Brook
Wyndham Kingsgate
Curious... What was the fee to do the swap or did the want to sell you more points

It was a pitch to sell more points...of course. We currently maximize our 1 week contract for a studio by paying MF twice and have 2 great weeks through out the year...However, we came home and purchased a second deed for $5.50. That will give us the possibility of 4 weeks. $5.50 is a heck of a lot cheaper than the $17,500 they wanted for 77K contract with CWA. But I am sure next owner update, I will again be insulted about the negativity of the resale purchase and how uninformed I am.:doh::doh: