• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Beach Restoration ongoing in Pompano Beach

dcdowden

TUG Member
Reaction score
Arrived at Royal Vista on Saturday for our usual 4 week winter vacation here to discover the beach is undergoing restoration again. Trucks start up at 7 am and run to 5 pm with the beach totally closed. Front desk and local TV reporting said this could be going on for months.
75f775d465905273600fac2c5a0b84fd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder HOW the 9th floor sales agents are going to SPIN this issue?

Royal Vista's 9th floor is the ONLY sales location for Santa Barbara, Sea Gardens and Royal Vista.

Plus, what is going to be the Tiki Bar atmosphere? Construction Dude watching, "Men at Work" videos, construction machine backup beeping with diesel fumes clouds.

dcdowden

TUG Member
Reaction score
We told the 'universal agent' that we don't do updates and somewhat surprisingly she just left it at that - no pressure and no phone calls. They have replaced all three sliding doors to the balcony in our unit which fortunately seems to dampen the sound of the trucks- and the waves for that matter as well. Having clear glass to look through is a big improvement as well - particularly because we have to keep the doors closed because of the noise. BTW - internet access has gone two tier at Royal Vista: basic is free for up to 4 devices and is good for email and basic web browsing. We paid $59 for 4 weeks of higher speed access with unlimited devices. It is working very well for streaming video from my PC. They still don't have HD signals for the TV, but an HDMI cable from my laptop works great.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that!

Makes for an unpleasant stay, especially if the weather is warm / sunny / dry and nice out. Can the property offer access to a sister property beach near by? What about some sort of access to a "beach club"?

We are up the road from you a few miles and the private complex of homes (or is it just one Mansion?) next to our timeshare is being BUILT from the ground up. They also start at 8 a.m. and work on Saturdays.

Given the storm last night, all night, we heard a THUMPING / BANGING as though a shutter or door was slapping in the wind against the house / frame. Every 2-3 to 10 or 17 seconds = BAM!!! BAM!! and it resonates right through the concrete floor of our first floor unit, through the headboard and into the bed BAM!! Thought it might be an open window in the empty unit above us and the heavy wooden blinds were smashing in the wind and clapping into the window or window frame.

Finally at 4 a.m. (2.5 hours ago) I went out in the dark, listened with ear against my building, felt with my feet on the 6 foot dirt strip between the properties, climbed over the cement retaining wall/fence to the construction zone and listened with ear against the home, as all as ear/hands against the retaining wall... FOUND the culprit... Two trees planted and now growing so close together (2-3 inches apart at best) that they BANG in the wind! They root 3 feet from the foundation of our room. Hence the vibration / resonating. Found a garden hose, stood on the retaining wall and tied them together at the point of banging.

Well I've been up since then and don;t know if it fixed it, as my better half is in the bedroom sleeping and I've been on TUG in the other room.

I digress... in the long run the beach retention will of course make for a better beach vacation next year... not that this helps NOW, THIS year. We had the same beach restoration that you have, 2 of our last 3 visits to SE FL - with the noise, sites, and smells you mention.

Did the resort give owners an update on impactful events via a newsletter, email blast, or notice on their website? That could be something for the 'comment card' suggestion, perhaps.

dcdowden

TUG Member
Reaction score
No there was no advance notice from Wyndham. We did have a similar restoration after hurricane Sandy 2 years ago, but the disruption only lasted a few days. Fortunately Pompano Beach has greatly improved their public beach area in the last couple years, so we can always go there. They say the last major restoration was almost 30 years ago, so hopefully we may never have to deal with this again.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
when we were there last week of December, the south area was fenced off for restoration. Is it now the entire beach?

NHTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
when we were there last week of December, the south area was fenced off for restoration. Is it now the entire beach?

They lock up their equipment in the fenced in area at night. The entire beach from Hillsboro Inlet to Port Canaveral will get a complete work over from this project. It is stated on the Royal Vista site about the construction, which is how we knew about it when we booked.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I apparently got stung by a jellyfish the day after Christmas. I still have the red marks on my foot. I never went in the water, just walked up the beach.

NHTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I apparently got stung by a jellyfish the day after Christmas. I still have the red marks on my foot. I never went in the water, just walked up the beach.

The Portuguese Man O' War is a nasty bugger.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_man_o'_war

I was in Pompano Beach this past week and we didn't see any Man O' War until this past Friday, then it was as stormy as hell. Must have been hundreds on the beach.

Even though they are dead, if you step on their tentacles, you can still get stung.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Arrived at Royal Vista on Saturday for our usual 4 week winter vacation here to discover the beach is undergoing restoration again. Trucks start up at 7 am and run to 5 pm with the beach totally closed. Front desk and local TV reporting said this could be going on for months.
75f775d465905273600fac2c5a0b84fd.jpg

Is this project still ongoing? How much of an impact on the enjoyment at Royal Vista? Planning to be there on April 2 and got one of the "00" rooms. Hoping the view isn't impacted too much.

Thanks for any updates.
Wes