• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2013 ] Take my Mayan Palace for free !

CHE

Reaction score
Anyone interested of assuming my Mayan palace timeshare.
I haven't use it since I bought a 2nd house in key largo -- I don't have any use for the timeshare.
I paid $14,000 cash on the timeshare -- fully paid - owed nothing.
The maintenance fee is $595.00 - I got 1 week + 1 week bonus vacation for a year.
My renovation fee is paid off (the next will be 2016).
I will pay for the transfer fee - if you are interested let me know.

Please no scammer and no timeshare reseller. :mad:

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
What is your home resort and can it be used anytime of the year?

CHE

Reaction score
What size unit is this and when does the RTU expire?

is rtu means renovation?
as i indicated -- not until 2016

it's 1 bedroom big living room with folding bed in the living room - kitchen - accept 5 people
I've been very generous to pay for the closing fee which is 10% from original price.
That's all I'm going to pay.

Last edited:

CHE

Reaction score
What is your home resort and can it be used anytime of the year?

yes you can use all resort in mayan palace (i think 5 or 6 of them?) -- the home resort is acapulco.
yes use anytime except some major event like christmas which they allocated to their employees

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
RTU means when is the 25 yr contract up? M/f is $595 for a 1 bdr? I own a 2bdr and the m/f is less than that. Can you look at your contract to see what you actually own? I might be interested if it is a 2 bdr.

CHE

Reaction score
RTU means when is the 25 yr contract up? M/f is $595 for a 1 bdr? I own a 2bdr and the m/f is less than that. Can you look at your contract to see what you actually own? I might be interested if it is a 2 bdr.

as i told you...1 bedroom 99 years

Last edited:

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
After 25 yrs you need to pay 5 m/f's to keep the week for another 25 yrs. Do you remember what year you bought?

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
is rtu means renovation?
as i indicated -- not until 2016

it's 1 bedroom big living room with folding bed in the living room - kitchen - accept 5 people
I've been very generous to pay for the closing fee which is 10% from original price.
That's all I'm going to pay.
Doesn't Mayan charge a big transfer fee? Is that what you're paying?

CHE

Reaction score
Doesn't Mayan charge a big transfer fee? Is that what you're paying?

yES! THAT'S THE BIG BURDEN PAYING FOR THE TRANSFER FEE -- BUT SINCE I HAVE NO USE FOR MY TIMESHARE....I WILL PAY FOR THAT.:(

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
may have misinterpreted a message, so better not to reply :)

team2win

Reaction score
mf plus all inclusive fee?

Is there a maintenance fee, plus you have to pay a mandatory all inclusive fee when there?

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maintenance fees are posted in the first message. Mayan Palace are one of the few remaining timeshares in MX which do not have a mandatory AI fee.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the nice things about Mayan is when you reach 70, I believe, you don't have to pay maintenance fees if you don't use it. I think at 75 you just stop paying MFs.

Tropical lady

Reaction score
a few things.....

First, the resort is not all inclusive (AI) and never has been, therefore no fee.

The maintenance fee (MF) may have a waiver so that it is paid only when the week is reserved. This waiver would be with the contract and needs to be determined in this case. Not all contracts have this waiver.

The 1/2 MF is at 75 and no MF at 77 only if you qualified for the "Senior Cert". That was a promotion that ran for a limited time and you had to sign up for it. If the Senior Cert is used, the senior person needs to be present at the resort (not just make the reservation) and benefits can't be used with it. It is either the cert or your benefits.

The renewal fee can be every 10 years for 1/2 MF or every 5 years with a big renewal in 25.....again depends on what is in the contract.

There are still some issues that need clarification about being included in this contract and do they transfer.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The post you are answering was written in OCTOBER, and the OP hasn't been back to TUG since November. Click on their blue user name and send them a PM.