• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free - MGV ownership, 133 odd year pts

drkent3

Reaction score
I am giving away a 133pt (odd year) MGV membership that I can no longer fully utilize. Originally purchased around 2002 or so, but a divorce and kids growing up have left it under-utilized for the past several years. We used it in Palm Springs, San Diego and Las Vegas in years past, but now I figure it's time to let someone else enjoy it.

The assessment fees are paid off through the end of 2014. They are currently $155.61 per quarter. I opted out of the Club Connection, but there are 133 points available that are good thru Sept 2015.

Will pay transfer fees. Legitimate inquiries only, please.

drkent3

Reaction score
Still available.

Bump. This timeshare is fully paid off, and maintenance has been paid through end of 2014. Besides the 133 points, it includes the option for reduced rate 'getaway' days as well as free day-use at all MGV resort locations.

hapstersmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm interested, but before I could say for sure I am curious about this. It appears that Diamond has some very nice properties, and the fees you are mentioning are not outrageous. But, when I looked at the 13-14 resorts points guide, it appears that anywhere I might want to go would need 2K or more points for a week, and this looks to be 133 pts EOOY. You mentioned where you have used it in the past, but is that still realistic? Or am I somehow misunderstanding the points structure of Diamond?

Much Mahalos.

drguy

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm interested, but before I could say for sure I am curious about this. It appears that Diamond has some very nice properties, and the fees you are mentioning are not outrageous. But, when I looked at the 13-14 resorts points guide, it appears that anywhere I might want to go would need 2K or more points for a week, and this looks to be 133 pts EOOY. You mentioned where you have used it in the past, but is that still realistic? Or am I somehow misunderstanding the points structure of Diamond?

Much Mahalos.

Diamond points are not Monarch Grand Points. Diamond bought MGV, but MGV still maintains its own system. You can, however, "upgrade" into Diamond points. 133 points is roughly a week at most MGV resorts, Cabo Azul being more expensive.

hapstersmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its quite difficult to research MGV separately when the link you have provided goes to a page run by Diamond, telling people Diamond purchased them, and giving links into Diamond's sites. Where can I find more specifics about the actual points you are giving away if they are technically separate than Diamond? Also, what does it cost to "upgrade" to Diamond?

Much Mahalos.

Bill4728

Reaction score
We once also tried to give away our MGV point contract. BUT with the new Interval point trading using DRI/MGV points we will be keeping the ownership. Our 244 MGV pts = 14,640 DRI points (60 times the MGV pts) and DRI points seem to trade much better than the MGV resorts ever did.

I'm not going to buy MGV but I now am not trying to give it away.