• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone dealt with Vacation Ownership CC

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with Vacation Ownership Closing Company?

Never even heard the name before. Where / how / why did you come to learn of their existence? Where are they located? Maybe a PCC sub-entity? I dunno...:shrug:

Last edited:

kev5982

TUG Member
Reaction score
I m watching an Ebay auction with a new seller with no history.

I asked for their closing company and that,s what they gave me.

They sent me a screen shot of the points status page, so the points seem legit.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I m watching an Ebay auction with a new seller with no history.

I asked for their closing company and that,s what they gave me.

They sent me a screen shot of the points status page, so the points seem legit.

Based on this additional info, I can only speculate that one of my previous theories (PCC sub-entity) may be correct.
They may or may not actually be competent. New seller and unknown closing entity is a bit of a roll of the dice.

The potential downside to any PCC sub-entity is, of course, that if there are significant funds involved, "escrow" is something of a joke since it's either the very same or some very closely associated people acting as both seller and as closing entity. Not exactly an "arms' length" relationship and maybe more of a potential "fox helping out in handling some henhouse matters" situation.

Then again, if the offering at issue is something you really want and the purchase price and closing costs are both low, it may be worth the risk. That's ultimately your own personal judgement call and decision to make.

P.S. You could always ask if you would have the option to select and pay a closing entity of your own choice, but that's only rarely an available option on eBay PCC listings, since the PCC is making some (maybe even all) transaction money on the closing costs as well as the sale figure itself. IMnsHO, independent escrow is always beneficial, but really only a matter of potential concern if / when there is some real money involved.

Last edited:

kev5982

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are also paying the closing and deed transfer costs.

So the only cost is the winning bid

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are also paying the closing and deed transfer costs.

So the only cost is the winning bid

This might even be a private seller and not a new PCC at all; someone planning to do his / her own deed work (which is certainly easy enough to do --- and at a minimal cost of just paying a County recording fee). Maybe it's an individual giving their "self-closing" effort an official sounding company name to enhance image / credibility.
No telling what the resort "transfer fee" might be --- it could be anywhere from zero to $2k, depending on the particular resort and / or its' management company.

In any event, if it's something in which you're genuinely interested, I wish you good luck in your pursuit.

Last edited:

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since you are not putting up any significant money not much to lose.

Aggravation is unknown.

Presumably 2014 MF have been paid, but does not hurt to ask for estoppal.

Also, 2014 use needs to be defined.

Assuming 3 months to close not much desirable to book.

kev5982

TUG Member
Reaction score
Usage starts in 2015.

I received a screen shot of the points, so good there.

The name of company is Vacation Closing in Branson Missouri.

I looked it up and they specialize in getting rid of timeshares.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Usage starts in 2015.

I received a screen shot of the points, so good there.

The name of company is Vacation Closing in Branson Missouri.

I looked it up and they specialize in getting rid of timeshares.

Either an old PCC with a new name, or a new "spin off" from one of several "timeshare disposal" outfits already operating out in that area.

You might be lined up for a good deal if it's something you really want, but I'd recommend getting some form of proof of the accuracy of the eBay listing. If they are a PCC and just have "Power of Attorney" for the underlying actual owner, it might prove to be difficult for you to get an estoppel out of them, since they might have difficulty getting one from the resort themselves as a non-owner (...if that's the actual situation).

kev5982

TUG Member
Reaction score
I must have asked too many questions because they ended the auction on two they had listed.

Below is what they responded with,

"Yes that is correct. We normally hold funds but it is up to the buyer on what they want to do. This just sold to the Timeshare Group in Florida so I ended the auctions on both that were listed. He gave an offer we could not refuse. If you are looking for certain inventory, let me know and I will see what else we have coming down the pipe line"

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't feel bad or intimated. New inventory pops up on e-bay daily.

The mantra here is haste makes for expensive waste.

Have you checked for sale ads here or posted a "looking for" ?????

kev5982

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes I check every day.

I liked the one on Ebay because it was for Wyndham Panama City. Very low MF and no extra costs.

The seller told me if there is anything I was interested in they would check there inventory.

It seems odd for a company with no history.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yea, those low MFs generally get bid up to a thousand or two in a hurray.

As Theo pointed out, probably a reincarnation of olde PCC that wanted to shed a bad reputation.

As posts here indicate, lots of incestuous relationships and many names out there in resale world.

Never has buyer beware been more appropriate!

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe not...

It seems odd for a company with no history.

It may very well be incorrect to assume that this company has "no history". If this is really just a spin off from some other existing MO PCC entity, created just to have a brand new name, there may very well be plenty of history --- but not a whole lot of easily retrievable track record of performance.

In any event, any and all such eBay "deals" will surely pop up again, so just let it go, bid it "adieu" and keep on looking. Best of luck.

Last edited: