• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

VO Group

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Yes, but isn't it true that the terrorist group HAMAS has an "A" rating from the BBB, and Wyndham has an "F" Rating with the BBB.
I don't think the BBB is a very good benchmark. It is a "for profit" agency that franchises it's offices.......

New "guest", all posts made have been to support VO Group. Sounds like you have an agenda... Do you WORK for VO Group?

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Yes, but isn't it true that the terrorist group HAMAS has an "A" rating from the BBB, and Wyndham has an "F" Rating with the BBB.
I don't think the BBB is a very good benchmark. It is a "for profit" agency that franchises it's offices.......

If you had an "A" with BBB you would be touting that fact. Tell us more why we should consider your company.

pas0629

Reaction score
If you had an "A" with BBB you would be touting that fact. Tell us more why we should consider your company.

I own a property management company. I wasn't aware you were considering using us, but we mainly purchase apartment buildings and maintain the properties. Are you looking for an apartment?: :wave: :wave:

CaperBev

Reaction score
Is VO Group simply another scam company

I was contacted on February 14, 2012 about my Wyndham Timeshare at Bonnet Creek, Presidential, that I am trying desparately to get out of any future Maintenance Fee payments. Timeshare is completely paid for...but being recently widowed and just diagnosed myself with cancer, surgery on February 23rd, I can't afford the monthy maintenance fees and see no way out. This company had me write an e-mail which I did...I don't care who knows the way I was lied to by the Wyndham sales representative...and got a call back this afternoon the representative will take my case before a board (?) on Thursday to see if they could accept because of the number of points I have 1,282,500 annually. Was advised they would would do a "cancellation" with Wyndham, give the Timeshare back..."deed in lieu", i would pay no further Maintenance Fees except for the February which is too late to cancel...and their fee would be approximately $5,000.
I am stressed beyond which is not good for my medical condition...Does anyone know is this a legimitate company or simply another scam company?
Could anyone please post viable information. Thank you.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

I was contacted on February 14, 2012 about my Wyndham Timeshare at Bonnet Creek, Presidential, that I am trying desparately to get out of any future Maintenance Fee payments. Timeshare is completely paid for...but being recently widowed and just diagnosed myself with cancer, surgery on February 23rd, I can't afford the monthy maintenance fees and see no way out. This company had me write an e-mail which I did...I don't care who knows the way I was lied to by the Wyndham sales representative...and got a call back this afternoon the representative will take my case before a board (?) on Thursday to see if they could accept because of the number of points I have 1,282,500 annually. Was advised they would would do a "cancellation" with Wyndham, give the Timeshare back..."deed in lieu", i would pay no further Maintenance Fees except for the February which is too late to cancel...and their fee would be approximately $5,000.
I am stressed beyond which is not good for my medical condition...Does anyone know is this a legimitate company or simply another scam company?
Could anyone please post viable information. Thank you.

If you owe NO LOAN PAYMENT on those points, JUST GIVE it away on the Bargain Deals thread here. Put $2,500 as a incentive to help with closing costs.

Is this on 1 deed or several deeds? In your Post on the Bargains, post all the details (points, home resort, mfs)... there are a lot of lurkers on TUG.

You could control the process and KNOW the deeds got transferred. :D

Will PM you with more info ...

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Brian; Interesting post.

It should be noted that it is sometimes easier to prosecute using the Federal Crime of U.S. Mail Fraud rather than using state crimes statues (i.e. theft).

Keep in mind that Mail Fraud Statues can only come in to play if you use the US Postal Service (and not UPS, Federal Express, or the Internet to conduct transactions).

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

jmsj

Reaction score
The VO Group is very huge problem. I got a call from their NJ number and the guy wanted to know whether I had problems with Wyndham since he was trying to resolve a complaint I had. He could not tell what the complaint was and when. I was very suspicious and as the call proceeded it became very apparent he was a scammer. He kept pressing me for information about my timeshare and problems. I told him to take me off his call list and never call me again. He told me he could not do that until I answered all his questions. At that point I had had it with this guy and I must say we exchanged a few words. He then told me that he was going to make sure I got a call from them everyday the rest of my life. The call ended and then I got an immediate call from his supposed supervisor. He tried to smooth things over and then continued to press for answers to his questions. He would not leave me alone and he told me he could not take me off the call list until he got his questions answered. When I finally went totally silent after several minutes he hung up and I have not heard from them since. This group has been charged by the Federal Justice Department. Here is the link.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/nj/Press/files/Lacerda, Adam et al Arrests News Release.html
They have a number of locations. Here is the one that contacted me:
2900 Fire Rd
Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234
(609) 568-6942.

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Caller ID - If you don't recognize the number let it go to voice mail

When the purpose of the call to to scam and steal, the do not call regulations mean nothing to them.

sunny644

Reaction score
The owners Adam and Ashley Lacerda have been charged with mail and wire fraud and money laundering to the tune of 2.4 MILLION dollars. Their trial in federal Camden Court is 11/26/12. The feds have the evidence to put them away it was an 18 month investigation! Long time coming but it is here and hopefully they will face jail time if convicted. DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY MONEY! Happy Thanksgiving to the Lacerdas!!

Dave H

TUG Member
Reaction score
The owners Adam and Ashley Lacerda have been charged with mail and wire fraud and money laundering to the tune of 2.4 MILLION dollars. Their trial in federal Camden Court is 11/26/12. The feds have the evidence to put them away it was an 18 month investigation! Long time coming but it is here and hopefully they will face jail time if convicted. DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY MONEY! Happy Thanksgiving to the Lacerdas!!

Actually for those that get Timesharing Today, a great article on them on pages 14 and 15. I was at a timeshare meeting the other day and for the small amount of $19,395 they would cancel out a $48000 debt with the developer.....

I hope I convinced the person not to do it.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Craig711

Reaction score
The VO Group and its principals have been heavily covered by InsideTheGate.com and especially by its blog, The GateHouse. Adam & Ashely Lacerda, who owned the VO Group, are set to stand trial July 8.

Originally 16 people were indicted; then there was a superseding indictment for 10 of them, adding more counts of fraud (44 counts total). Of the original 16, six of them have pleaded guilty. Three of those people were also named in the superseding indictment.

Seven of those in the superseding indictment are still awaiting trial on July 8 but I expect more of them to plead out before that time.

You should take note that shortly before being arrested in April 2012, the Lacerdas formed a new company named VO Financial and let VO Group (aka Vacation Ownership Group) die. VO Financial is the successor company, doing just what the VO Group was doing before them. If you read their press releases, they're all a bunch of misunderstood angels just trying to do good things. Yeah, right.

With the understanding that I work for InsideTheGate.com, if you really want the lowdown on these people and companies you can find it in our blog at http://insidethegate.com/gatehouse/ In the search box at the top right of the page simply type in "lacerda" (without the quotes) and you'll get a real eye full. And you can read FBI Special Agent John J. Mesisca’s affidavit on his investigation at http://insidethegate.com/gatehouse/Complaint-LacerdaFBI.pdf. (Get some popcorn and settle in, that affidavit is a humdinger.)

Those people are a real piece of work, IMO. I hope they all fall down and go boom. :annoyed:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

CJ711

Reaction score

He pled guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit mail/wire fraud and got 3 years plus another 3 of probation. I think that's an indication that when the 4 who actually went to trial and were convicted on multiple counts are finally sentenced, the judge will not be lenient. Right now the issue being litigated is the question of forfeiture of assets, which I understand plays to the length of the sentence. The more the government can claim the bad guys stole, the more time they can potentially get in the slammer. The government is asking for the forfeiture of nearly $12 million (originally they claimed a mere $3 million).

Two of those four, Ian Resnick and Genevieve Manzoni, have asked for new trials. I think a hearing on those motions is due soon.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score

I'm seeing a B-, dragged down because of complaints of misrepresentations in sales presentations (shock!). Where do you find F for Wyndham?

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
They seem to be taking this a bit more seriously :)
http://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...timeshare-scam-prison-vacation-ownership.html

"An Absecon, N.J. man was sentenced to 18 years in prison for his role in a $3 million conspiracy that offered phony consulting services to owners of timeshares through the New Jersey-based Vacation Ownership Group, federal prosecutors in New Jersey said late Friday afternoon."

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score