• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2013] TERP-Timeshare Enhancement & Relief Project

JRM_WatchOut

Reaction score
TERP is still alive

vnichol,

If you can remember any on the names of the individuals you dealt with, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John_WatchOut

JRM_WatchOut

Reaction score
TERP is still alive

Rumor has it that R&R Venture Group has lost the credit account they had been using in this scam. That is why they want to give a discount if you give them a check.

They tried to use a credit account from a Chinese concern, but the credit card companies were holding payments for approval from the credit card holder because of the chinese connection. Once notified, those who had agreed with the scam had the credit card company withhold payment and canceled their contracts in the cancilation period.

Last edited by a moderator:

JRM_WatchOut

Reaction score
Terp is still alive

One of the TERP groups is schedule on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week to be at Logan's Steak House in Holland, Michigan. The restaurant has already received 12 calls warning them that these guys are scam artists that are already under lawsuit from RCI and are presenting a program that promises things that will never be delivered. Once again the caller ID from the marketeers said "RCI points GLH".

I spoke to one of the restaurant managers about 10 minutes ago and they have received the approval from their Corporate office to usher the group out the door tomorrow when they arrive. If anyone gets calls about futureTERP meetings, post them here or on Redweek. There is a group of people working together and with several State's Attorney Generals and the Federal Trade Commission to shut Bj Cooke, R&R Venture Group, Excess Property Solutions, and Vacation Services International and the Ottawa "Chin-Beard" gang down and put them in jail. Your help will be appreciated. Thanks!

amgrounds

TUG Member
Reaction score
My experience

Put up the money around the beginning of fall last year but not charged on our card till around the first of this year. Felt weird about it all! Then the husband and I did the research and of course knew we had been had. But I will say that we got our check for points but didn't come from R&R (some other company). Took a little more than 6 months but its here now.

Actually did call VSI today and they had us in the system and we are going to do exchange. Maybe some of this is upset employees of which have really put me on edge for nothing.

But that is what this site is for in case there are some shady companies out there.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
SHILL Shout-Out...

Put up the money around the beginning of fall last year but not charged on our card till around the first of this year. Felt weird about it all! Then the husband and I did the research and of course knew we had been had. But I will say that we got our check for points but didn't come from R&R (some other company). Took a little more than 6 months but its here now.

Actually did call VSI today and they had us in the system and we are going to do exchange. Maybe some of this is upset employees of which have really put me on edge for nothing.

But that is what this site is for in case there are some shady companies out there.

So......your very first post on your very first day of TUG registration is one in which you claim success and satisfaction with an unknown outfit which folks here (with many collective decades of timeshare experience) have never before even heard of --- and by which several others report having already been scammed.

In short, your semi-literate "TERP Tale" is just pure, unadulterated bull$&!t, possessing zero credibility.

Many people here were born early in the morning --- but none were actually born yesterday morning.
Please don't insult our intelligence here with this fictitious crap and nonsense. :annoyed:

Last edited:

Gophesjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
To sort of mix threads, I think TERP is a 'crock...'

JRM_WatchOut

Reaction score
I would bet that "amgrounds" is the same person as "ameliag8" who just posted the same crap on Redweek.com. Her real name is Amelia Grounds and you wouldn't be surprised at all to know who she works for.

SarahRose

Reaction score
Went to a T.E.R.P. presentation today. Sept. 06, 2013

I went to a T.E.R.P. presentation today. Has this worked for anyone?

I have names and phone numbers of most of the ones presenting today. I even know what hotel they are staying at. I bought in...but said I was going home to do my homework on who they were and the other companies they are representing. I gave them my credit card. I already cancelled it. They also took and copied my drivers license.

Any feed back?

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
My $0.02 worth, since you asked...

I went to a T.E.R.P. presentation today. Has this worked for anyone?

I have names and phone numbers of most of the ones presenting today. I even know what hotel they are staying at. I bought in...but said I was going home to do my homework on who they were and the other companies they are representing. I gave them my credit card. I already cancelled it. They also took and copied my drivers license.

Any feed back?

No disrespect intended, but I think you made some poor decisions. For starters, voluntarily providing known scammers with a copy of your driver's license is a bit unwise in the current world of rampant identity theft.

Fwiw, cancelling credit card does not just magically cancel or in any other way invalidate any lawful contract which you may have signed (...if indeed you executed a legal contract under signature while there on site).

The good news is that if you cancelled the credit card before the charge was actually processed, you will not have just thrown away money which you'll surely never see again. More good news is that if you signed a valid contract and promptly break it, scammers are highly unlikely to pursue any legal action against you.
The last place scammers ever want to place (...or otherwise find) themselves is inside a courtroom...

Last edited:

JRM_WatchOut

Reaction score
Give us the names. At least one of the TERP teams from Illinois, headed up by Randy Canfield, is touring California right now. Harrison Maguire is another name that is out there along with Courtney Mencl.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Tradergeorge

Reaction score

The BBB is a nice option for resolving disputes between honest parties, but it is a private group and has no enforcement powers. The BBB has given this group a rating of "F" If they had a lower rating available, they would qualify.

If you have information on TERP or Excess Property Solutions contact the Attorney General of Illinois, Lisa Madigan. She is looking for these guys, but don't expect to get back any money you paid for their services. The best you can do now is to get them locked up and unable to scam others in the future.