• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best Holiday Club Marketing

Kocich1

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of this company. Just bought at Punta Pacifico and they are suppose to liquidate our other timeshares.

Abeljr

Reaction score
I'm in the same situation, any feedback or info about Best Holiday marketing?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Scroll down to Mexico forum below. You will find several similar scams where sales weasel verbalized renting and/or selling for unbelievable price.

If this part of deal is incorporated in main written sales contract, guaranteed by Developer and signed by VP Sales probably good to go.

If scrawled on piece of toilet paper by sales weasel, you have been had. It is only good for one thing!

Westr8enum

Reaction score
Just bought thru punta Pacifica too in Cabo..also using best holiday club marketing ...please advise if this is a scam

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Color me dubious...

Three separate first time / one time posts above, each one coincidentally dropping the name of a heretofore unknown "Best Holiday Club" marketing entity. :ponder:

Per subject line, just color me dubious...

Last edited:

Abeljr

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the promised money, I have called twice and they said wait two to three weeks to get it done... what can I say, at least they answer the questions and e mail me back. I'll keep you posted.

Westr8enum

Reaction score
Abeljr can you please call me [deleted for security]...thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You are unlikely to get a stranger to call you from an internet forum, but you can contact Abeljr directly, by clicking on his blue user name and sending him an email or a private message.

I deleted your phone number, because it's a bad idea to post your phone number on an internet forum, unless you like to get a lot of unsolicited sales calls.

tcabreras

Reaction score
Any answer

Any answer from BHC? I too am waiting to hear from them regarding the sale of my TS. Promised to sell my TS within 30 days, has not happened, supposedly waiting for the buyer to get funding to pay, it has been 50 days. Joined Vacation Getaways with them(BHC) in Cabo. Any one else?

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
I admit that I have been a victim of this type of scam. Paid a US company to sell my TS at an amazing price. Should have known better. If it is too good to be true, then it will never happen. How can they possibly sell a free timeshare for $6,000???

The problem is that the lying salesman was sooo convincing. I should have known better. I am simply amazed at the number of people who can lie so easily. He might as well have put a gun to my head and taken my wallet.

Westr8enum

Reaction score
Any answer from BHC? I too am waiting to hear from them regarding the sale of my TS. Promised to sell my TS within 30 days, has not happened, supposedly waiting for the buyer to get funding to pay, it has been 50 days. Joined Vacation Getaways with them(BHC) in Cabo. Any one else?
Best holiday club marketing is a timeshare resale company! Not a closing agent, like we were told..

I asked this question to BHC:Can you tell me what title company your company uses?

And if I have a paper stating that my timeshare will be sold at a certain price and you don't sell it for that within the 90 day period, what happens?

and this was the reply I got:The worst scenario for us (Which is also stated in the contract) is to pay you the 25% extra penalty on the liquidation price and this will not exceed 180 days from the date of purchase.

so if they sell it for 1000 they will pay an additional 250.00 when Vacation getaways promised us they would buy it for 28K....
IF you just purchased this please exercise your 5 day right of recission!!

2sTLfom2d

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were also taken in by the Best Holiday Club Marketing/Vacation Getaway scam even we should have known better. Too good to be true is just that. The BHCM fee was not charged at the contract signing. Has anyone not paid the BCHM fee listed in the contract? If so, what were the consequences? Has anyone who completed the BCHM process received any money? Also, has anyone who transferred their title from their home resort verified that the title was actually removed from their name? At this point we worry that we could go thru with it and still be responsible for the maintenance fees besides not getting any money. As to Vacation Getaway, has anyone used their exchange service? We are disputing the credit card charge but suspect that it will go thru anyway and would appreciate any information about them failing to live up to their contracts.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
The BHCM fee was not charged at the contract signing. Has anyone not paid the BCHM fee listed in the contract? If so, what were the consequences? .... We are disputing the credit card charge but suspect that it will go thru anyway and would appreciate any information about them failing to live up to their contracts.

There seems to be a discrepancy here. Did you or did you not pay them?

What did they promise to do for you if you did pay them? What are/were you hoping to accomplish by using their services?

If you did charge the credit card, you might be able to dispute it. Give it a try.

2sTLfom2d

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have not paid any money to Best Holiday Club Marketing at this point. They "guaranteed" to sell a timeshare for a certain amount but from posts here and on Trip Advisor it appears that that some people transferred their timeshare titles but never received any payment. Disputing the credit card seldom works if you have signed for the charge.

We also got into Vacation Getaway similar to RCI and are currently disputing the credit card charge. We are looking for customers who did not get what was promised in their contract to see if the information helps the dispute.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
They "guaranteed" to sell a timeshare for a certain amount but from posts here and on Trip Advisor it appears that that some people transferred their timeshare titles but never received any payment.....
We also got into Vacation Getaway similar to RCI and are currently disputing the credit card charge.

This sounds like the typical upfront fee resale scam where they phone you up "guaranteeing" top dollar for your low-dollar value TS and will facilitate the deal if you send them hundreds of dollars. If they cold-called you promising buckets of money and buyers waiting in the wings for such TSs, then it is likely a scam.

As for Vacation Getaway, how did you come to find out about them? Did you attend some sort of a sales presentation where they promised you access to all sorts of radical discounts in the travel industry? If so, you should have a privilege to rescind the purchase if it's within a certain number of days (could be anywhere from 5-15 days). Check your contract carefully and see if there is such a provision. If so, follow the directions very carefully and precisely (eg. how and where to send the cancellation instructions).

tcabreras

Reaction score
Another note

Best Holiday Club Marketing and Vacation Getaways are more than likely the same company. My bank just reversed one of the credits of $972 back to BHC. PISSED!!!

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you contact your bank or credit card company and ask why they reversed it?

I am guessing they performed the services they agreed to,(list the time share for sale) not withstanding not doing what they implied they would do.(sell the timeshare)

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am guessing they performed the services they agreed to,(list the time share for sale) not withstanding not doing what they implied they would do.(sell the timeshare)

I'm guessing that too. I guess what I was trying to ask him was:

1) Did you actually contact the bank/CC Co. and ask why they reversed the credit?

2) Did they explain, in detail, why?

3) After the CC was credited, did the scam company contact the bank/CC Co. and challenge the credit?

4) If so, what did the scam company claim so as to get the credit reversed?