• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has Anyone Dealt with ETTSI (Executive Tour & Travel Svc, Inc.)

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
We attended a timeshare presentation at the Divi Phoenix during our May stay in Aruba. Loved the property, bought, rescinded (long story for another thread).

We were gifted a 'free' one week stay. Getting ready to use it, however, reviews for ETTSI, the company administering the free week are mixed. Company has a B- rating with the BBB and there are tons and tons of 'scam' reviews, but those are related to other 'offers' not this one.

Cost is $100 for activation + $249 and up for a 2 bedroom unit. Their activation form scares me…requests 2 geographical areas of interest with 2 travel dates at least 30 days apart.

Unfortunately, I finally found a phone number for them, but they are closed for the day. I plan on calling them tomorrow.

Our travel areas of interest are Aruba and Hawaii (off season), however, my guess is that our cost for a 2 bedroom unit will be closer to $1K for the week…similar to II getaway weeks.

Does anyone have experience with this company? Should I just toss this which is my gut feeling?

Ingrid

Last edited:

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not familiar with this company, but typically change name when authorities close in.

Generally vouchers say resort is not responsible, have an upfront activation fee and require several dates spread out. Also, activation requires tones of info from you to put on spam mailing lists.

Typically resort pays around $50 for voucher no way can they provide anything, so they essentially force to upgrade so a bad deal.

Toss and save aggravation!

ETTSI

Reaction score
Executive Tour & Travel Services

You were given a "Free" certificate in return for attending the DIVI time share presentation.

The certificate is the product of ETTSI - Executive Tour and Travel Services, Inc., a licensed seller of travel in FL, NV & CA. ETTSI has been in business under the same name and at the same location in Daytona Beach, FL for over 22 years.

The BBB web site reviews companies in addition to just listing the number of complaints and an arbitrary rating. As of October of last year they have begun posting the complaints, and responses to the complains, for visitors to read through for a better understanding of the problems people might experience in dealing with the company. Unfortunately, most people look at only the first page, don't read the BBB company review or the actual complaints, and do not have any way to gauge if the number of complaints are reasonable for the volume of business they do.

Listed at the very top of the ETTSI company review is the management contact names and phone numbers for the company. The BBB review then states that most of the complaints ETTSI receives are caused by their customers (the company who purchases the certificates from them) misrepresenting the offer. In defense of the OPC's and resort marketing efforts, most of the time they use the correct description which is that you will receive a "free certificate" for a travel offer but people hear what they want and this plays to their advantage.

The certificate actually says that ETTSI is not responsible for any representation made other than what is listed in the Terms and Conditions of the offer listed on the certificate(contract). This is actually vocabulary given to them by the Attorney General of the State of Florida as part of the consumer protection act statutes 559.933 and is required that it be listed in bold/all cap letters on each certificate.

Paco is correct in stating that some of the offers have very little cash value. Many of the certificates sold serve as a way for ETTSI to generate travel business and provide tours to time share resorts, although, if the purchaser want's to provide a portion or all of the travel expenses to the recipient, they have the option to contract for that and ETTSI would be thrilled to fulfill the offer.

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
Definitely in the toss the offer category. I finally got through and as I thought, the cost is similar (somewhat less) than II getaways for my areas of interest. You also need to give them six months notice.

And, ETTSI, I didn't just fall off a turnip truck…I know the difference between a 'free certificate' and 'free travel.' I was just curious what the actual cost was and the rep of your company given the info out there. I reviewed some of the BBB complaints and you are correct, most are related to the misrepresentation by the vendors using your certificate, but that is also telling. However, there were complaints about people being unable to secure travel…ooops, we can't secure ressie on that dates you wanted; pick another date. That doesn't work very well for fly to areas.

I'll stick with II getaways or trading as we have plenty of TSs.

Ingrid