• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen New Orleans La Pension advice

vacation.memories

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm curious. Can someone please share their thoughts on this Bluegreen contract listed on eBay? Would I be fairly certain that I could book Jazz Fest every year with this? Any other thoughts about Bluegreen or this listing? I do see the usage and the MFs that are due this year.

I probably won't be buying until next year, but wanted to kind of watch these on eBay for awhile before I pull the trigger.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380941603065?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Call the resort and ask them.

Many timeshares have event weeks blocked out or sold specifically as "event weeks."

Where I own, all resale weeks are floating except weeks 6 and 7 which are fixed week ownerships for race week in Daytona.

Every resort and every system is different.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Club La Pension was originally sold as a floating weeks resort with 6 black out event weeks, (2 Mardi Gras weeks, 2 Jazz Fest weeks, French Quarter Fest and the Sugar Bowl.).. To get Jazz Fest you have to own week 17 or 18

When Bluegreen took this place over a few years ago they got all the unsold units and are now selling them as points... a studio week 17 will cost you 8000 points and week 18 is 7000, so you have enough points to do all 10 days of the Jazz Fest with room to spare a one bedroom is 10000 and 9000 and the 2 bedroom is 16000 and 15000

So there are two buckets of inventory for Jazz Fest,,,, The event weeks and the points inventory. The question is how much is in the points bucket.

If it was me and I wanted to be 100% sure of getting a Jazz Fest reservation Id wait for one of the event weeks here or at Avenue Plaza or one of the other weeks resorts in New Orleans...The problem is you may have a long wait, and it may be expensive....

The better option I think is to buy Wyndham points deeded at La Belle Maison..(for the Advanced Reservation Priority. Its a nicer resort in my opinion, (small pool and hottub which Club La Pension does not have) and its bigger than Club La Pension, giving you a better chance of getting the reservation you want. You might also consider Club Wyndham Access points which gives you Advanced reservation priority at La Belle Maison and Wyndhams other resort, in town ...The Avenue Plaza Resort.

Last edited:

vacation.memories

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it was me and I wanted to be 100% sure of getting a Jazz Fest reservation Id wait for one of the event weeks here or at Avenue Plaza or one of the other weeks resorts in New Orleans...The problem is you may have a long wait, and it may be expensive....

The better option I think is to but Wyndham points deeded at La Belle Maison..(for the Advanced Reservation Priority. Its a nicer resort in my opinion, (small pool and hottub which Club La Pension does not have) and its bigger than Club La Pension, giving you a better chance of getting the reservation you want. You might also consider Club Wyndham Access points which gives you Advanced reservation priority at La Belle Maison and Wyndhams other resort, in town ...The Avenue Plaza Resort.

Thanks for the replies.

Ok, I was kind of leaning Bluegreen over Wyndham though, because of a couple of other resorts in their system. I'll keep an eye on La Belle Maison too.

The fixed week option is intriguing.

Thanks!