• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Nantucket interested in going there... Lots of questions

dixie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never been there, so I would love any information anyone can give me.

What timeshare there is the best?
I think we will want to take the ferry, so where should we fly into?
Is October too chilly?
What do you like to do on Nantucket?
Do they rent golf carts for the week to explore the island?
Grocery stores? Or should we shop b4 getting on the ferry?

Thanks for any information!

Craig

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nantucket

All 3 are nice and very different. It depends if you want to be far out from Nantucket town (Tristram's), a short walk to town (Brant Point Courtyard), or right in the heart of town (Mariner House).

You would definitely need a car if you stay at Tristram's in October as the shuttle is not running then. No car necessary at BPC or MH, however the units are much smaller. I've stayed at all 3 and like each place.

You could fly into Boston, MA, Providence, RI, or Hyannis, MA.

Is October too chilly?
Probably too cool to swim, but the weather is usually quite pleasant this time of year, and great for bike riding.

Walk the beaches, eat, stroll around town, but mostly bike ride. The paths are wonderful and take you all over the island.

No, but you can rent Mopeds and all kinds of bicycles.

I usually take frozen meats and other items with me, but also shop at the Grand Union market on the island. Prices aren't really too bad off season.

Go to www.nantucket.net and www.nantucketchamber.org for lots of information about the island including events, dining, and car and moped rentals. Nantucket Island is my favorite place!

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains

Is October too chilly?

Thanks for any information!

Best timeshare --- any one you can get. It's not easy. Easier in October than July, of course.

Fly into Nantucket unless you want to do a lot of finagling. Hyannis would also work if it's cheaper. If you fly into anywhere else, transport to the ferry is an issue. I would not recommend renting a car and then taking it across on the ferry. Cheaper to just rent on the island if you really need/want one.

We've gone Columbus Day week and some days are nicer than others. I would go back then.

Troll for antiques, visit Bartlett's Farm, walk the docks and downtown, take boat rides with our local friends. If you rent a car on the island, get one with an oversand permit and drive out to Great Point. You can find a different beach every day and they are all nice and uncrowded in the off-season.

The year we visited in October, the Hospital Thrift store had half off day and then free day before closing for the season. They had a whole room of current books (hard and paper backs) for the taking. I brought home all my husband would allow.

I've never seen golf carts roaming the island. Lots of rental bikes.

Definitely buy all the groceries you can before heading for the island. More importantly, if you do take over a car, fill your gas tank before you take the ferry. Gasoline prices are scary there.

Sheila