• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do owners pay $275 for activities fee at Smugglers' Notch?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I saw there is a fee to use the pool, so it must be a great pool because our pool at the local rec center isn't that much per week for a family. What other activities do they offer for that $275?

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Smuggs website if purchasing a 1-2 or 4 week ownership

Club Owners realize the value of...

• Guaranteed lifetime vacations
• Deeded Ownership that you can use, rent, will, loan or swap
• An opportunity to experience nearly 4,000 other destination resorts around the world through RCI affiliation
Club Owner benefits that include exciting and entertaining activities and programs for all family members • Spacious and fully appointed one, two and three-bedroom homes all within walking distance of slopes and Village activities

I believe all this is included in the 275 amount.

https://www.smuggs.com/pages/summer/packages.php

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
$275 does not include kids program

although you get a discounted rate, I believe that you still have to pay for kids' program with the $275 fee. The kids daycamps are only free for owners.
Also, if you trade thru RCI and do not pay the fee, there is one pool that you can use without charge.

charford

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whether you rent directly through an owner or trade through RCI, the access to amenities is the same. Your occupancy of the unit allows you to access the pool associated with the building that the condo is in. Certain pools such as the North Hill waterpark are only available for guests staying in those condos.

For the waterslides, an additional fee is charged. For access to all of the amenities including the main waterparks, an optional pass of $275 per unit per week is available. To see everything that the pass includes,including discounts to childcare, stores, lessons etc. visit Smuggs RCI page There is also a daily pass available for the Mountainside pool.

And to answer Cindy's original question, owners pay $850-$1000 per person for a 20 year benefits package.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Thanks for the answers, and I am sure the fee is worth it for so many pools and activities.

I am considering an exchange for next summer for our grown kids, and possibly even our granddaughter, to go with us. She will be 2 1/2 by that time.

Someone asked what other resorts charge fees, besides Disney, and I have been surprised by how many resorts have additional charges. I would rather pay $275 for water fun than $25 a day to park at my resort (Waikiki Beach Walk).

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers, and I am sure the fee is worth it for so many pools and activities.

I am considering an exchange for next summer for our grown kids, and possibly even our granddaughter, to go with us. She will be 2 1/2 by that time.

Someone asked what other resorts charge fees, besides Disney, and I have been surprised by how many resorts have additional charges. I would rather pay $275 for water fun than $25 a day to park at my resort (Waikiki Beach Walk).

I'm with you Cindy, Smuggs is on our list of places we definately want to try. I have no problem with the activity fee there(especially with 2 boys who love pools). I would even pony up the extra amount for the camp for my 7 yr old.

He loves those kids programs, where he can ditch Mom, Dad and older somewhat less adventurous brother.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
we traded to SMuggs for the kids stuff

Smuggs is rated one of the best family vacation spots due to all the activities. We traded just for all the kids programs---my only problem is I think the kids will want to go back every year! Elaine

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Smuggs is rated one of the best family vacation spots due to all the activities. We traded just for all the kids programs---my only problem is I think the kids will want to go back every year! Elaine

That's my fear, but it might be DH and the kids that want to go back every year.