• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DC Due Dates: 12/1/14 for Trust MF's & Club Dues AND 12/10/14 for Enrolled Club Dues

GreenTea

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just bought in this year, but I thought they were due 1/1 for the year, not 12/1 prior to the start of the new calendar year. It doesn't make much difference; just not what I expected. Is this what it has always been?

And...is the ARDA required, or optional? I see it as a different line.

Xpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II, Newport Coast, Canyon Villas, Grand Chateau, Phuket, Marbella, Playa Andaluza / HGVC Craigendarroch / Worldmark / Wyndham
Where do you own? My Grand Chateau fees are due 1/16.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Each resort and the DC Trust have different Operating Budgets, send out invoices at different times, and have different MF due dates. Generally the MF invoices go out sometime in October/November with payment due sometime in January.

I notice today that the DC Club Dues is posted to my my-vacationclub.com and is due 12/10/14. (FYI, also posted to 2015 MF sticky thread.)

Last edited:

GreenTea

TUG Member
Reaction score
My DC points are due 12/1. No bill yet for Grand Ocean.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
My DC points are due 12/1. No bill yet for Grand Ocean.

I just looked and I paid in late November in each of the last 2 years for my DC points MF's/Dues. I am traveling or I would look at the actual invoices to confirm, but based on when I paid, I'm pretty sure the due date has always been 12/1.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So, DC MF's and Club Dues for Trust Members have historically been invoiced in October and are due 12/01, and Club Dues for Exchange/Enrolled Members are invoiced at the same time but not due until 12/10? (If confirmed I'll figure out where to include this info in the FAQ.)

On my MF page on my-vacationclub.com the Club Dues fees are notated as, "Exchange Program Dues" followed by the specific "2015 Premier Plus Club Dues." Is there a difference in how they're notated for Trust Members?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
So, DC MF's and Club Dues for Trust Members have historically been invoiced in October and are due 12/01, and Club Dues for Exchange/Enrolled Members are invoiced at the same time but not due until 12/10? (If confirmed I'll figure out where to include this info in the FAQ.)

On my MF page on my-vacationclub.com the Club Dues fees are notated as, "Exchange Program Dues" followed by the specific "2015 Premier Plus Club Dues." Is there a difference in how they're notated for Trust Members?

For us, they are just a separate line item on the detailed MF invoice. Listed as 2015 Standard Club Dues. But when you go to pay them online, its just listed as one total amount (total of MF's and Dues), listed under Marriott Vacation Club Destinations.

And confirmed, the invoice says due date is 12/1/14.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't see a bill yet for our DC Annual fee for 2014. Still one in there dated 10/31/2014. There is a 2014 Club Dues FAQ, but no bill that I can see. We are just Standard Owners.

Last edited by a moderator:

curbysplace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau, Marriott Streamside-Birch, Marriott Custom House
And...is the ARDA required, or optional? I see it as a different line.

Be careful w/r/t ARDA. Do your research before making a contribution. My take is that ARDA is a lobbying group pure and simple. Looking at their website and their membership: predominately developers! Does that say anything. A couple years ago when I first looked into the group when considering making a contribution I found the issues they were advocating at the federal and state level were totally contrarian to the interests of mine as an individual timeshare interval owner. Just do your homework and if they are really advocating for you then consider making an optional contribution. If they don't speak for you . . . .

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't see a bill yet for our DC Annual fee for 2014. Still one in there dated 10/31/2014. There is a 2014 Club Dues FAQ, but no bill that I can see. We are just Standard Owners.

If I click on the my-vacationclub.com homepage on "View Maintenance Fee Package," then "View Statement" on the line for "Destinations Exchange Program," the invoice that comes up is dated 10/31/13 for the 2014 Club Dues. BUT, if I click instead on "Check Status/Make a Payment" on the home page and then, "I am an enrolled owner ..." and "Make a Payment," the 2015 Club Dues are listed with a due date of 12/10/14.

It just showed up today so obviously the different portals are being updated separately, but it would be a lot less confusing if done at the same time.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Be careful w/r/t ARDA. Do your research before making a contribution. My take is that ARDA is a lobbying group pure and simple. Looking at their website and their membership: predominately developers! Does that say anything. A couple years ago when I first looked into the group when considering making a contribution I found the issues they were advocating at the federal and state level were totally contrarian to the interests of mine as an individual timeshare interval owner. Just do your homework and if they are really advocating for you then consider making an optional contribution. If they don't speak for you . . . .

It would help if you looked at ARDA-ROC and not just ARDA. I have no axe to grind with people who do not want to support it, but how can you possibly say that the issues they advocate (if you are talking about ARDA-ROC) are not in the interest of owners? One of their biggest areas of emphasis is opposing discriminatory taxation of timeshare owners. I have researched it a lot and with very few exceptions I found that the issues ARDA-ROC was working on were very much in line with my interests as an individual timeshare owner.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau

Our DC Club Dues bill for $215 is online and due 12/10/14. It has always been due in December, but I am not sure if it has always been on the 10th of the month.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Our DC Club Dues bill for $215 is online and due 12/10/14. It has always been due in December, but I am not sure if it has always been on the 10th of the month.

I see it online this morning with a bill date of 10/30/2014. I also looked back at our 2012 and 2014 bills (can't find the one for 2013) and all seem like they were due on 12/10.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I see it online this morning with a bill date of 10/30/2014. I also looked back at our 2012 and 2014 bills (can't find the one for 2013) and all seem like they were due on 12/10.

Yes, I see the site's been updated so that the 2015 (Enrolled) Club Dues are accessible through both of the links under "Manage Maintenance Fees/Club Dues" on my-vacationclub.com's homepage. No update yet for the 2015 Club Dues FAQ.

Looking back through all the Club Dues bills the due date has been 12/10. :)

Last edited:

BobG7734

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Custom House; St. Kitts; Waiohai(Poipu); Maui
My account shows the following:

DC dues...due 12/14/14
CustHse fee...due 1/12/15
Waiohai fee...due 1/16/15
StKitts fee...due 1/19/15
Maui fee...not posted yet.

Looks like each location has different due dates in Jan 2015

curbysplace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau, Marriott Streamside-Birch, Marriott Custom House
It would help if you looked at ARDA-ROC and not just ARDA. I have no axe to grind with people who do not want to support it, but how can you possibly say that the issues they advocate (if you are talking about ARDA-ROC) are not in the interest of owners? One of their biggest areas of emphasis is opposing discriminatory taxation of timeshare owners. I have researched it a lot and with very few exceptions I found that the issues ARDA-ROC was working on were very much in line with my interests as an individual timeshare owner.
Here's just one example from my research: both ARDA & ARDA-ROC opposed a bill in the Massachusetts legislature in June 2013 which, if passed, would enable a timeshare owner to voluntarily surrender his/her timeshare. In my view this bill is owner friendly and developer unfriendly. ARDA-ROC and ARDA are really in direct conflict of interest with respect to each other. You would think they should take opposite positions.

The reality is that they are the same folks operating out of the same office with inherent conflicts of interest. Both orgs even share some individuals as board members and have many of the same developers on their respective boards. I don't see anyone on the ARDA-ROC board who looks like an individual timeshare owner.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Here's just one example from my research: both ARDA & ARDA-ROC opposed a bill in the Massachusetts legislature in June 2013 which, if passed, would enable a timeshare owner to voluntarily surrender his/her timeshare. In my view this bill is owner friendly and developer unfriendly. ARDA-ROC and ARDA are really in direct conflict of interest with respect to each other. You would think they should take opposite positions.

The reality is that they are the same folks operating out of the same office with inherent conflicts of interest. Both orgs even share some individuals as board members and have many of the same developers on their respective boards. I don't see anyone on the ARDA-ROC board who looks like an individual timeshare owner.

My issue with the ARDA-ROC is that it is simply just a PAC. You or I can't be members of the ROC. We just hand our money over (if we opt to do so). You are just supporting a PAC with no real control over what that money is spent to support or not support.

I can see however where a bill to allow owners to simply surrender their timeshare is not owner friendly. Mostly because in the cases of sold out properties, there is no developer there to surrender it to. That means it has to be surrendered back to the HOA which is just the other owners. This isn't necessarily owner friendly because it leaves the other owners to foot the bill.

taffy19

Reaction score
I can see however where a bill to allow owners to simply surrender their timeshare is not owner friendly. Mostly because in the cases of sold out properties, there is no developer there to surrender it to. That means it has to be surrendered back to the HOA which is just the other owners. This isn't necessarily owner friendly because it leaves the other owners to foot the bill.
So true and even more so if it is a small independent resort with not that many owners. There are still many small resorts around and it would hurt these owners fast so more will want to bail out too and the resort will end up in trouble financially.

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
<Bumped back to first page for the reminder.>

Note also that the Weeks MF's invoices are now steadily being posted to my-vacationclub.com. Please feel free to add your MF information to the Marriott 2015 Maintenance Fees sticky thread. Thanks!

Last edited:

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau

As an individual timeshare owner I would strongly opose this bill also. It would just allow one owner to dump his obligations on the rest of us. In what world does that benefit timeshare owners generally?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
As an individual timeshare owner I would strongly opose this bill also. It would just allow one owner to dump his obligations on the rest of us. In what world does that benefit timeshare owners generally?

I would agree with such a bill if the developer still owned X% of units. Or it was a points based system where the developer was still involved in sales within the same network of resorts. Though we all know that the developers would then just make adjustments in how they setup and manage trust based systems like the DC Trust. Once you think you have developed the perfect mouse trap, the mouse always finds a way to get off with the cheese. The end result may be even more owner unfriendly.

ACP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I see the site's been updated so that the 2015 (Enrolled) Club Dues are accessible through both of the links under "Manage Maintenance Fees/Club Dues" on my-vacationclub.com's homepage. No update yet for the 2015 Club Dues FAQ.

Looking back through all the Club Dues bills the due date has been 12/10. :)

As a European owner we get hit with additional fees on our Destination Points as well. There is an International Charge of $34.50, this applies to points as well as each week we own, so that adds up to over $120. Plus as we own in Paris and Spain so there is a Tax charged on our points which is a further $30, so on top of the standard maintenance fees there is extra for us Brits to pay. :bawl:

GreenTea

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still nothing from Grande Ocean. Is this getting late to be announcing the maintenance fee for 2015?