• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trading into DVC question re: RCI confirmation number?

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have two trades into DVC Sarotoga Springs via RCI for our first time at a Disney resort. When I called DVC, they asked for a confirmation number but I couldn't find any on the RCI reservations. The cast member had to spend a bit of time searching through reservations to find ours. The call, along with making arrangements for the bus and meal plans, took about 30 minutes. I was wondering if I'm missing where the RCI confirmation number is or if this is just how they do business with trades? Not complaining - thrilled to be going to DVC. Just wanted to know for the next visit.

Last edited:

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Its not listed on the confimation. You have to do pretty much what you already did. Call DVC member services phone number listed on the confirmation and tell them you would like to get the confirmation number for an RCI exchange.

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! It seemed like the cast member had to do a lot of searching so I was hoping I wasn't being a PIA. Today I had to call Disney because we had one of our Magicbands and the others weren't being sent out. I've read about some Magicbands being stuck in limbo until a rep releases them. The cast member handled it and then transferred me to reservations to request that our rooms be near each other. Then reservations couldn't help because she said she couldn't view our reservation and I'd have to call DVC or RCI. Next call will be DVC. So I'm learning the ropes. Funny how many details owners need to learn with each system. I know Marriott, a little about Starwood and not much about DVC.:D

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can use your confirmation number to manage your Magic Bands, tickets, dining etc at
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com. Click on My Disney Experience and follow the directions. You can also download the Disneyworld app and manage everything from a smartphone.

rfc0001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC: SSR, PVB
HGVC: Kings' Land, Ocean Tower
Par for the course....About half of DVC MS reps will tell you that you have to call RCI to get your reservation number. You have to politely but firmly tell then that RCI doesn't have access to DVC's reservation # and that they have to look it up. Usually takes them a while to figure it out since they are used to looking everything up by membership #. Once you have a reservation #, subsequent calls are a lot quicker. For those that haven't done this before, you have to wait a week to call 800-800-9800, which you *must* do at least 48 hours in advance of checkin to register all guests and optionally purchase DDP. You can book ADRs (Advance Dining Reservations) 6 mos out for entire 7 days (must call DVC). You can book FP+ 60 days out staying on property. I highly recommending doing both exactly on the day. Have fun!

got4boys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Watch your home mail. I noticed that Disney sent me a brochure in the mail with "Get Set for a Vacation that is Simply INCREDIBLE" on the envelope about a week or so after my RCI confirmation with the Disney confirmation number - inside front page. You would still need to call to add on the guests that would be in your room, then you can add the confirmation to mydisneyexperience.com along with your tickets.

Note that you cannot reserve fast passes until you have a ticket linked to your mydisneyexperience.com account.