• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

alchohol prices in aruba

rynker

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
What can we expect to pay for bottles of alcohol in Aruba? Mainly hard liquor. Also, is there a "duty free" at baggage claim at Aruba airport?

Bob B

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that if you want to buy liquor to have in Aruba, you would need to buy it at a duty free shop at your departing airport, not in Aruba. Otherwise, I think you'd have to buy it at a store in Aruba. Haven't been in years so can't help with the prices.

Shaft6868

Reaction score
Aruban liquor prices weren't very different than here in the U.S. and yes there is Duty free at the baggage claim in Aruba.

joewillie12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beer was almost double the price in Aruba than the US. I was there this past July and purchased cases in various stores/markets to save money at the resort bars. Not sure about bottles but I would think it wouldn't be too different.

itd1sah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Duty free Aruba

I am in Aruba now. There is a duty free store at the airport. It is on the right side front corner of the baggage claim area looking at it as you walk down the stairs to baggage claim.

I arrived in Aruba about 8PM and the store was open then.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beer was quite expensive. I bought at Pricesmart by the airport and would guess is the cheapest on the island, not counting sales if they have those. 24 bottles for $30. Not balashi but the other local beer. Bottles were small. If buying bottles remember that they charge a deposit which I am not sure how if if you can get back or just exchange for a new case. Pricesmart was just selling bottles.

Caladezi

Reaction score
We were in Aruba in Sept. of this year. You can bring what ever liquor you want with you. I believe that the duty free shop at the airport is for purchases when leaving the island, not arrivals. If you plan to buy liquor on island you will find the prices slightly higher than in the US but nowhere near what you have to pay in places like the Cayman Islands. The brand selections at the grocery stores are very good and unless you drink over a liter of the hard stuff per day, there shouldn't be any financial hardship in purchasing liquor on the island.

mcm21078

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a bottle of captain morgan's in the duty free shop by the airport. It was the same as US prices, possibly a few dollars less. They also have a wine store inside the big (newer) grocery store. I think they sell liquor there as well but I didn't go in.

Beer prices are like most people have said, almost double. And the cans are like 10 or 11 ounces instead of 12.

mcm21078

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were in Aruba in Sept. of this year. You can bring what ever liquor you want with you. I believe that the duty free shop at the airport is for purchases when leaving the island, not arrivals. If you plan to buy liquor on island you will find the prices slightly higher than in the US but nowhere near what you have to pay in places like the Cayman Islands. The brand selections at the grocery stores are very good and unless you drink over a liter of the hard stuff per day, there shouldn't be any financial hardship in purchasing liquor on the island.

Nope, I bought a bottle at the airport when I got there. It's not a huge selection but they have most of the popular brands of vodka, rum, tequila, etc.

silverfox82

TUG Member
Reaction score
US beer is expensive, brands like the local Balashi and SA beers Polar and Presidente are much cheaper. I'm not a big fan of US mass produced lagers, what my German friend calls "Kentucky horse pi**" and think these local brands hold up well to them at a lesser price. Local rum is cheap, often a bit rough but drinkable when mixed with whatever. SA wines are a good buy mostly imo with the occasional bad bottle with the less than ideal storage conditions. Booze holds it's own with the higher end US states prices, in the big picture I wouldn't spend too much time on this, better off looking for 2 for 1's, happy hour deals, sales, etc to pinch a penny.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
wine was very reasonable at the special liquor store inside the big Dutch grocery store. Plus, lots of interesting labels to try that we don't normally see in the US.

rynker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! You were a big help.