• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[OFFICIAL Starwood Thread:] 2015 Maintenance Fees

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
*** Please post your maintenance fees in the database - click here: DATA BASE

Thanks again, Nico, for providing this valuable service to Starwood owners! :clap:
----------------------------------------------------------------

I just received our 2015 invoice for SBP. It was quite pleasing to only see a $5 increase!

I would post them to the database, but it seems that it doesn't have a place set up yet for 2015 fees.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I just received our 2015 invoice for SBP. It was quite pleasing to only see a $5 increase!

I would post them to the database, but it seems that it doesn't have a place set up yet for 2015 fees.

Thank for the info….

I hope someone is able to post / share the SDO MF's for 2015

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Nico said he will activate 2015 later today.

We probably won't have the 2015 SDO billing for another month or two. It was due Jan. 9 last year.

*Last year, the first post about SDO MF's was Nov. 10th.

Last edited:

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
2015 Proposed Budget

I just received my 2015 SVR statement and I see that the operating expenses and the reserves went up (normal), but I can't understand is (basically) how much its gone up :confused:.
The figure's they have boggle my mind. Can someone (in very simple terms) explain this to me. TIA:hi:

I have EOY 2/2 and pd $409.62 (did not pay to the ARDA-ROC contribution), so how do I figure out what I might owe in 2015??.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which phase?

I still only see projected amounts (ie same as last year) for Cascades and Spas...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I have EOY 2/2 and pd $409.62 (did not pay to the ARDA-ROC contribution), so how do I figure out what I might owe in 2015??.

We probably won't know until we get the MF bills.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
2015 budget

Sorry :doh:, I forgot to put that in - cascades section

Which phase?

I still only see projected amounts (ie same as last year) for Cascades and Spas...

( Thanks DeniseM for moving this)

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry :doh:, I forgot to put that in - cascades section

I assume that means you got the proposed budget in the mail? I think most times that is what has actually been adopted and billed in Oct/Nov when the MF invoices finally go out.

There should be line items for Maintenance Fee Revenue and Reserve Fee Revenue, organized in columns for unit sizes (for annual ownership). That may give you a reasonable indication of what the MFs may be, not including property taxes...

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
2015 Sheraton Desert Oasis MFs posted

The 2015 SDO fees have been posted. Overall, it is a 2.9% increase over last year. The offsetting debit/credit associated with the previous special assessment is a bit disconcerting - I interpret the paraphrasing to mean they were off on their original forecasts.

Attachments

• SDO 2015 MF budget.pdf
    589.5 KB · Views: 163

Quiet Pine

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I hope someone is able to post / share the SDO MF's for 2015
Email this morning directing me to MyStarCentral for annual maintenance fee bill.
2BR 2BA lockoff EOY:
$496.84 operating assessment
93.44 replacement reserves
$590.28 total (excluding ARDA-ROC)

Last year was $569.02. I expected this year to decrease now the renovation is completed, but it's up $21.26 or 4%.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There was "supposed" to be a 12% reduction in the MF in 2015 - I said all along that it would never happen... Remember: the higher the MF - they more Starwood makes - they get a % of the MF.

Here is a 2011 post from the (then) president of the BOD at SDO discussing the reduction:

I would like to provide some clarity on topics related to the SDO board, which is actually called Scottsdale Pinnacle Owners Association.

1. In October, the board approved a revised reserves plan to accelerate refurbishment of kitchens and baths to 2013 and 2014. This work will be combined with the work required to bring us into compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. The current estimate is $17 million. We have $10 million in reserves. To cover the additional cost, maintenance fees were increased about 7% in 2012 and will increase over the next 2 years as follows: 12% (2013), 8% (2014). Then in 2015, there will be a 12% reduction in maintenance fees.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1364395&postcount=97

Last edited:

PassionForTravel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I think the key is in the budget that djamyam posted above. Looks to me like they went over budget with the renovation and had to clear up a deficit from last year and this year.

Ian

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think the key is in the budget that djamyam posted above. Looks to me like they went over budget with the renovation and had to clear up a deficit from last year and this year.

Ian

If that's true - it should go down next year... ;)

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
I assume that means you got the proposed budget in the mail? I think most times that is what has actually been adopted and billed in Oct/Nov when the MF invoices finally go out.

There should be line items for Maintenance Fee Revenue and Reserve Fee Revenue, organized in columns for unit sizes (for annual ownership). That may give you a reasonable indication of what the MFs may be, not including property taxes...

Got my SVR Cascades and Spas proposed budgets in the mail today.

Cascades 2BR L/O is up approx. 2.8% over last year ($940.52 vs $914.58, excluding SVN and property taxes)

Spas 2BR is up approx. 2.9% over last year ($717.51 vs $697.16, excluding SVN and property taxes)

So I'm guessing we'll see around 3% increases over last year, which turns in to around a 7% increase after taking in to account currency fluctuation for those of us in Canada...

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Just got the WSJ-VGV proposed budget for 2015 - which has been the final budget for the most part. Note: small decrease - again.

Studio - $1420.57
1Bd - $1894.16
2Bd TH - $2367.74
2Bd Prem - $2841.14
3Bd pool - $2841.34

Last edited:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Email this morning directing me to MyStarCentral for annual maintenance fee bill.
2BR 2BA lockoff EOY:
$496.84 operating assessment
93.44 replacement reserves
$590.28 total (excluding ARDA-ROC)

Last year was $569.02. I expected this year to decrease now the renovation is completed, but it's up $21.26 or 4%.

Thanks so much...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR: Falls - Annual 2 bdm.

I am not 100% sure, but it looks like the MF is going DOWN this year.

I just received the proposed budget stating a 2015 MF of $810.67.

According to my records, we paid $850.73 last year - that's a reduction of $40.06. :eek::eek::eek:

Bad Debt = $53.11 - still too high!

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I am not 100% sure, but it looks like the MF is going DOWN this year.

I just received the proposed budget stating a 2015 MF of $810.67.

According to my records, we paid $850.73 last year - that's a reduction of $40.06. :eek::eek::eek:

Bad Debt = $53.11 - still too high!

Which resort? ;)

Sent from my iPad

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow - that's inconvenient! I guess we will have to ask everyone to copy and paste their title into their message. :p

It's Sheraton Vistana Resort - 2 bdm. - Falls - annual

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Wow - that's inconvenient! I guess we will have to ask everyone to copy and paste their title into their message. :p

It's Sheraton Vistana Resort - 2 bdm. - Falls - annual

Very few people on TUG use titles. There are other items we don't see - for instance, the number of posts, where you're from, etc.

Sent from my iPad