• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SBP 3br lockoff

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
I've been on the lookout for a resale 3br lockoff at SBP. The vast majority of resales available seem to be the standard 2br units in the Plantation section. Has anyone ever seen one of the Palmetto 3br's on the resale market? I know they're not mandatory units, but are these units in high demand or something? Is there any historical sales data for these units?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I've seen a few but no platinum 3 br's, only gold plus or lower. Even the 2br lock off platinums are very rare in palmetto for resale.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been on the lookout for a resale 3br lockoff at SBP. The vast majority of resales available seem to be the standard 2br units in the Plantation section. Has anyone ever seen one of the Palmetto 3br's on the resale market? I know they're not mandatory units, but are these units in high demand or something? Is there any historical sales data for these units?

www.timesharesonly.com has two, EOY, 3 bedroom SBP lock-offs listed. It does not give the location, so I do not know if they're in the Palmetto section.
One is week 6 and the other is week 22. ETA: Incredibly overpriced, but one can always offer what they're going elsewhere.

Last edited:

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
www.timesharesonly.com has two, EOY, 3 bedroom SBP lock-offs listed. It does not give the location, so I do not know if they're in the Palmetto section.
One is week 6 and the other is week 22.

Some of those listed prices on that site are laughable. I checked WKV and they got 2BR PlatPlus units for $26k?!

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some of those listed prices on that site are laughable. I checked WKV and they got 2BR PlatPlus units for $26k?!

I agree wholeheartedly, but you can always make a low, low, low offer . Some folks just want out. I did this with timesharesonly a long time ago, offered 90% below what was listed and got it.

First, you have to find them. Then, you have to bid low. It may take a while.

That's why I posted the Ebay one, too. It went at the correct price.

-

Last edited:

cruzad3r

Reaction score
any tips on how to search ebay effectively. I tried timeshares (sheraton, westin, broadway) on the search bar and the results are somewhat spotty. Thanks

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
any tips on how to search ebay effectively. I tried timeshares (sheraton, westin, broadway) on the search bar and the results are somewhat spotty. Thanks

It's time consuming, but here's what I did. I typed Sheraton Broadway Plantation resale.

Then I went to the hits and opened them if they were timeshare resellers.

If there was a filter for bedrooms, all the better. There are some very, inexpensive 1 - 2 bedrooms that are practically being given away. The 3 br lockouts are the pricier ones from what I've seen.

-

Last edited:

cruzad3r

Reaction score
i just tried it but didn't get anywhere. Thanks though, i'll continue to search.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
i just tried it but didn't get anywhere. Thanks though, i'll continue to search.

I'll post you a few.

Stay tuned !

These are not 3 beds on Ebay, but the prices are good (read all the small print - watch the fees).

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...adway+plantation+timeshares+for+sale&_sacat=0

From Redweek (there is a small fee to join Redweek)
$1 Floating (Low) Annual Deed Varies 1/ 1 4 $1 Floating (High) Annual Deed Varies 2/ 2 8 View
$99 Floating (High) Annual Deed Varies 2/ 2 6
$100 Floating (High) Annual Deed Varies 2/ 2 6
$1,000 Floating (Varies) Annual Deed Varies 1/ 2 4
$2,400 27 (High) cal Annual Deed Water view 2/ 2 8
$6,250 31 (High) cal Annual Deed Varies 2/ 2 8
$6,500 41 (Med) cal Annual Deed Water view 1/ 1.5

Last edited:

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there are no 3 bedroom units in the Plantation phase, so anything listed as 3 bedrooms would have to be in Palmetto.

Thank you. I was wondering about this and the adverts weren't that clear on this.

=

jeff01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I was wondering about this and the adverts weren't that clear on this.

=

I'd of course verify with Starwood before you buy anything but I'm fairly certain. . . A lot of the listings are very poorly written.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd of course verify with Starwood before you buy anything but I'm fairly certain. . . A lot of the listings are very poorly written.

I'm not buying, but helping the OP and another post - newbies, I believe. I have enough timeshares (until a good deal comes my way).

Just a public servant here.

-

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Yes, no three bedrooms at all in the Plantation phase.