• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2nd bedroom config at SVR?

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, all--
I just got a confirmation to SVR for the 2nd week of January (with an OGS made with an AC, of all things--I never knew you could even do an OGS with an AC.) My aunt has decided to travel down with us for this week, and we will need two double beds in the 2nd bedroom to make that work.

Based on my reading here, I believe that there are multiple configurations to SVR 2-bedrooms (or maybe that's SVV?) Anyway, this is our first time exchanging into a Starwood (usually we get Marriotts) and would like confirmation of the 2 double beds before my 24 hour window closes just after midnight tonight. The website says that the second bedrooms contains either two single OR two doubles, and I can't take the risk on the two singles. Should I throw it back, assuming something else will pop up? (I put in the OGS on Saturday, for all of the Marriotts and Starwoods in Orlando.) Please advise.

Also, is there an indoor pool, or will the outdoor pools be heated and warm enough for an 8 year old to swim in during January? We're probably only going to go to the parks for about three days, so will be doing some hanging out at the resort.

Thanks, TUGgers!
Amy

Last edited:

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
We've stayed in 2bdrm units at Spas and Springs phases, and 2nd bedroom had at least double or queen size beds. Cascades probably had same; can't remember... it was so long ago. Sorry don't know about the other areas.

The pools are outdoors. We were there in February last year and my grown kids went in the water. My husband's extended family went there many years during President's day week, and kids always went in the pools.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
At SVR, certain phases only have one check-in day, so what phase you get will be determined by your check in day, and whether you have a 2 bdm. lock-off that sleeps 8, or a standard 2 bdm. that sleeps 6.

More info.: http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127150

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link to the thread, so it looks like we could get any of the buildings/phases with Friday check-in days?

Here's what our II confirmation says:
2 Bedroom, 2 Bath 06 Privately, 08 Maximum

Spas looks like the only phase that has Friday as the sole check-in day.

Looking forward to our trip! Thanks for the advice on the pools....we'll see how the weather is. Good to know that the pools are heated.

Anything else I should know? This is our first Starwood exchange, and I'm already missing the pre-check-in e-mail that we always get from Marriott exchanges. :(

(And sorry for my months-delayed response. I haven't had as much time for TUG these days as I have had in the past...)

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
6 privately 8 maximum tells me that there is probably a king in the master, 2 doubles or queens in the 2nd bedroom and a sleeper sofa.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
6 privately 8 maximum tells me that there is probably a king in the master, 2 doubles or queens in the 2nd bedroom and a sleeper sofa.

While that is a possibility, there are enough lockoffs at SVR which would provide 2 kings and 2 sofa beds as a 6/8 setup.

-ryan

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link to the thread, so it looks like we could get any of the buildings/phases with Friday check-in days?

Here's what our II confirmation says:
2 Bedroom, 2 Bath 06 Privately, 08 Maximum

Spas looks like the only phase that has Friday as the sole check-in day.

Looking forward to our trip! Thanks for the advice on the pools....we'll see how the weather is. Good to know that the pools are heated.

Anything else I should know? This is our first Starwood exchange, and I'm already missing the pre-check-in e-mail that we always get from Marriott exchanges. :(

(And sorry for my months-delayed response. I haven't had as much time for TUG these days as I have had in the past...)

What does page 3 of your confirmation say? That will give you the likely sleeping layout for the unit. Although SVR can in theory substitute any unit that sleeps the same 6/8 category, it is not likely.

Furthermore, I don't think they is any layout which would sleep 6/8 and have two twin (single) beds in the setup. All of the units that I know at SVR that have two twins are dedicated 2BR units, and sleep 4/6 -- the twins cannot count towards sleeping 2 people each like the doubles (full) can.

I think odds are you will end up with either:
King/King/Sofa/Sofa (lockoff)
or
King/2 Doubles/Sofa (dedicated 2BR)

You may want to go through the list of Friday check-in phases and cross-reference with the SVN site to rule out other possibilities.

-ryan

Last edited: