• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORV-N OF ROFR Prices

darius

TUG Member
Reaction score
Everyone,

I've got a good friend attempting to purchase a EOY WKORV-N OF unit and is curious to learn what the ROFR limit is, approximately for this resort. He knows there is no guarantee, but what has been approximately passing?

Also, if there is a good broker for him to contact he'd be happy to do that as well.

If anyone has info that would be great, personally I am also curious if anyone knows the annual Ocean Front ROFR (approx) levels at this time as well.

Thanks so much in advance!

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
My best guess on the ROFR limit for an eoy OF unit at WKORVN is about $13,000.

I can recommend Syed Sarmad (AdvantageVacation.com) as a broker without qualification. I have done three Hawaii transactions with him, including my OF purchase at WKORV.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I recommend Syed as well. He may have the best idea of the current ROFR approximation (it has been increasing w/ the improving economy).

I would recommend buying OF in the south resort (if one want OF) for the multiple reasons discussed here over the years. (And not because we own one... ;) )

PDXGolfer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I third the recommendation for Syed Sarmad. He is right there in Lahaina, and is very knowledgeable about ROFRs for WKORV and WKORV-N. In fact, he recently helped me purchase an EOY at WKORV-N. Very responsive and very pleasant to work with.

Last edited:

gregb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN
Here's a fourth recommendation for Syed. He handled our recent purchase of EY OF at WKORN. It was a pleasure working with him. And he is very aware of what will and what probably won't pass ROFR.

Greg

Mauiwmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's a 5th recommendation for Syed. He is extremely knowledgable, responsive and a pleasure to work with. We purchased two South OF units from Syed and it was quick and painless.

We met up with him last March at Kimo's for drinks. I believe he thought $28k would be needed for EY North OF, so approximately $14k for an EOY North OF. South OF were low $40k's to pass ROFR. Prices have been going up.

As an interesting aside, he mentioned that he thought the new Hyatt timeshare property would help drive prices up at both Westin North & South. Prices are so steep at Hyatt that many people interested in Hyatt will look to the resale market and buy at Westin or possibly Marriott instead.

Last edited:

bastroum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Starwood exercised their ROFR on (WKORV-N) an IV 2BD EY at $15,000, IV 2BD EOY at $10,000 and $13,500 for OV 2BD EOY.

darius

TUG Member
Reaction score
I truly appreciate all of your insight and advice. I'll pass this information onto my friend along with a recommendation for Syed.

Quite a jump in prices from a few years ago -- but it does make sense given the economy picking back up and the Hyatt building close by.

Thanks so much!

Bob808

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recommend Syed as well. He may have the best idea of the current ROFR approximation (it has been increasing w/ the improving economy).

I would recommend buying OF in the south resort (if one want OF) for the multiple reasons discussed here over the years. (And not because we own one... ;) )

Do you believe you have the same priority for best oceanfront unit available with a resale purchase as compared to developer purchase and no discrimination since you have a resale?

Have you had any trouble getting oceanfront during whale season?

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Do you believe you have the same priority for best oceanfront unit available with a resale purchase as compared to developer purchase and no discrimination since you have a resale?

Starwood does not discriminate against resale owners in either the reservation process or in room assignments. If you call twelve months in advance (or reserve online twelve months in advance), you shouldn't have any problem getting a reservation (except maybe ski week).

Room assignments are based on timestamp; call early.

There are few guarantees in the timeshare world, but if you can plan twelve months out, this shouldn't be a decision factor.

My opinion is based on being a a resale OF owner at WKORV for several years now. Also, I concur with DavidnRobin's advice above that if you are buying OF, buy at WKORV (South) rather than WKORVN; WKORVN has some OF units that are not OF, although if you reserve early, you are very unlikely to get one of them. See this thread where I posed this question a couple of years back: http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125808

Last edited:

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
You are not discriminated against by being a resale owner, however you should know that you may not get the week you want even if you call in at exactly 9am 12 months out (or book online at midnight). Multi-week owners are able to daisy chain several weeks together, and other owners have paid to fix their unit and week. One of the reasons I sold my WKORV-N unit was that I was finding no availability even at 12 months out.

If you are flexible with your plans, this won't be an issue.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

I believe that there is no difference - except that timestamp (of utmost importance) is not the primary factor for villa location. There are rules (loose) in the OM that discuss this (e.g. fixed, Ultra-, etc). Some 5* claim that their SVO Elite status counts - and even their SPG Plat status - (of course they do...), but it is not written in the OM.

I have had no real issue with villa location since 2007 (but then again - our OFD WKORV was retro'd). We have only gone once in whale season - and had a great villa location (but was cold and raining) - we prefer Sept (will be there in ~8 weeks).

OF WKORVN has a lot more 'OF' villas - so that makes a difference. There are only 24 OFD and 12 OFC at WKORV. We love our OFD, and very glad to own it - and even gladder that the ROFR price is above $40K. Wish I had jumped on one when they were down in the mid-20s.

Ahsndpro

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just notified that Starwood waived ROFR on an EOY OF WKORV North at $12,000.00.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Starwood exercised their ROFR on (WKORV-N) an IV 2BD EY at $15,000, IV 2BD EOY at $10,000 and $13,500 for OV 2BD EOY.

I was just notified that Starwood waived ROFR on an EOY OF WKORV North at $12,000.00.

We know Starwood is inconsistent in its exercise /waiver of ROFR. So we don't know whether this is random or whether this is evidence of a change in the market.

I would bet the former.

wallace37

Reaction score
more info please?

I had a EOY ODD OV for WKORN exercised at $11,000 a few weeks ago. Can you tell me what the unit number and the usage year is that got waived? I thought the premium for OF vs. OV would be greater than $1K. Or could it be that prices have dropped in the last few weeks?

Ahsndpro

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is an odd year, unit is listed as "Deeded as Units 5303/04/Week 25, Floating Week 1-50