• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Apartment Rental in Rome or Venice

fluke

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has had any good experiences in renting apartments in either Rome or Venice? I have been on the internet searching out a few places but wanted to hear from someone who has already done it. Thanks.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has had any good experiences in renting apartments in either Rome or Venice? I have been on the internet searching out a few places but wanted to hear from someone who has already done it. Thanks.

In the sightings RCI has a LM Venice unit.

RHC has something in Rome, Mayfair residence. I had friends that rented in Tuscany but not actually in Rome or Venice.

maybe try vrbo.com

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
I usually use booking.com to find good hotel prices if I am not timesharing. I have done apartment rentals in Croatia, St. Petersburg in Russia, and in Budapest with good results, but never tried it in Italy.

fluke

TUG Member
Reaction score
We rented an apartment in Rome last November and were very pleased with the experience.

Did you use a specific website or company? I see multiple websites/services so I was wondering which websites/services people have had good experiences with.

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
Crosti Hotel/Apartments

Check out...

http://www.crostihotel.it/en/node/15

We stayed here last March (for a very reasonable price) and found it not luxurious, but quite acceptable. The restaurant they own is also good, with special rates for folks staying at either their hotel or their apartments. Be sure to make an appointment, though, as the restaurant can be crowded...especially on a Monday, when many other restaurants are closed.

--bp

PStreet1

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Did you use a specific website or company? I see multiple websites/services so I was wondering which websites/services people have had good experiences with.
We rented from VRBO.com. After we rented, we discovered rave reviews for Giovanna, our landlady on Trip Advisor.com. As it turned out, they were so right on their reviews of Giovanna that I would rent anything Giovanna told me to. She took us on a night sight seeing tour of Rome; she told us where to go to shop; she told us where to go to eat; she told us what to see----the list goes on and on. It was a totally wonderful experience!

spencersmama

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you want apt rentals, not timeshares? My friend used http://www.homeaway.com/ last year to book rentals for her family's month long trip to France. (Her, DH, two teens) I've been checking them out for my trip to Europe next summer. There are a ton of choices for the cities I'm looking into, so I've been sticking with the ones with multiple great reviews. We will have me, my DH, 2 teens and my mother. It looks like I can rent some 2 or 3 bedroom apts for the same price as just one hotel room.

fluke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you want apt rentals, not timeshares? My friend used http://www.homeaway.com/ last year to book rentals for her family's month long trip to France. (Her, DH, two teens) I've been checking them out for my trip to Europe next summer. There are a ton of choices for the cities I'm looking into, so I've been sticking with the ones with multiple great reviews. We will have me, my DH, 2 teens and my mother. It looks like I can rent some 2 or 3 bedroom apts for the same price as just one hotel room.

Yes I am looking at apartment rentals. Yes I have found the same, the price beats hotels significantly. I am just a little bit hesitant about renting without solid references. I am a little concerned about quality.

fluke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe I should add I am looking for a something that could fit 3 adults and 3 kids.

spencersmama

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of places on the website I mentioned with multiple great reviews. I have looked at places in Rome myself for next year and have a list of about 10 or so that are possibilities, and i haven't even looked at everything.