• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Real Estate Group Selling TS

rrcushing

TUG Member
Reaction score
On July 16th I signed into TUG. There was a post about a Real Estate group who were established for the purpose of selling time shares. I can't find that information again. Can someone tell me the name or where I can find the info again? Thanks.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
On July 16th I signed into TUG. There was a post about a Real Estate group who were established for the purpose of selling time shares. I can't find that information again. Can someone tell me the name or where I can find the info again? Thanks.

Licensed Timeshare Resale Brokers Association is their name (not advertising, just identifying). Not sure about their Internet URL --- the one site I found (entirely by accident, actually) seemed to be only for the members of the group, including photos of the individual members, but no other contact info of any kind was anywhere to be found on the site. I believe they are individuals from many different real estate agencies.

I also believe that several of the members whose names and photos I saw there are already TUG participants and /or advertisers, so perhaps one will see your inquiry and respond either here or by PM. You might also have some luck in a Google (or other search search engine) search using the group name. :shrug:

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

I think you have a backwards - my understanding is that it's a group of brokers who are already selling timeshares, but are organizing a professional organization to separate themselves from the riff raff. - All good.

If you are looking for someone to sell your timeshare, using a reputable broker is a great idea, but be aware that they charge a commission which is usually $1,000 or more. Therefore, unless you own one of the top timeshares that will sell for thousands of dollars, using a broker may not be cost effective for you. Most timeshares are selling for 0-10% of original retail right now.

The last 2 auctions on ebay for Ka'anapali Beach Club sold for $400 &
$560.

Last edited:

rrcushing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the information. Yes, I am aware that it isn't worth much. However, I was hoping that a reputable broker would be honest up front about everything, including the selling price and cost to sell.

The last six years I have turned down at least a half dozen jokers trying to get an up front fee. I hadn't been trying to sell so they must have gotten my name from the records and made calls based on that.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
A reputable broker will be upfront, and they will probably turn you down because the resale value is less than their minimum commission.

Have you considered selling it yourself? All you do is post the Ads and then turn it over to a reputable closing company to do the paper work and handle the money. It's not really that difficult. How to sell a timeshare.

I personally use these cheap or free websites to post my Ads:

TUG Timeshare Marketplace - http://tug2.com/timesharemarketplace/
1 year Membership - $15
Ads - free up to 25

www.craigslist.org (free)

www.redweek.com
Membership - $14.99 for 12 months
Timeshare Rental Ads - $24.99/ea for 6 Months
Timeshare Resale Ads - $59.99/ea for 12 Months

www.myresortnetwork.com
Membership - free
Timeshare Rental Ads - $19.95 ($24.95 - floating weeks)
Timeshare Resale Ads - $34.95

There is also a list of resale websites at the top of the Buying, Selling, Renting, board that you may want to take a look at.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Correct, the LTRBA (ltrba.com) is merely an organized association of EXISTING licensed real estate brokers who specialize in selling timeshares and have been doing so for many years.

While the association is new, most if not all of the brokers have been in the biz for a long time...and none should ever charge anything upfront. all work on commission.