• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What's involved in transferring Royal Holiday?

jennstall

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about trying to getting rid of my Royal Holiday Club points and I'm just wondering what is involved.

I shouldn't need a closing company because its just points, right? So do you just call up RHC and ask them for the transfer documents?

Last post I saw about this in the forum said the transfer fee is $500. Is that still current?

Any tips, let me know!

ttt

TUG Member
Reaction score
All they need is a signed, notorized letter indicating buyer seller info & their transfer fee. All they are interested in is the transfer fee. Unless things have changed, they take a long time to complete transfers and do not let you know when it is completed. I believe it is still $500.

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Patience, patience, patience... Then a little complaining.. Then more patience.. Then some screaming phone calls.. Then patience.. Then the rep you were dealing with suddenly disappears and you start over.. Patience.. Patience.. Yelling.. Patience.. Finally- you basically decide to give up, and then suddenly- you get a maintenance fee bill in the mail!

Then you decide to combine accounts and start all over again!

I'm only sorta kidding.. It is an extremely frustrating process- but RHC does provide access to some great destinations (as well as quite a few not so great ones).. Accumulating points via resale is the best way to add to your portfolio, and combining accounts can save you a substancial amount of money on your annual dues because of the way the assessment levels are set up- but they will try like hell to get you to give up before the transfer is completed..

Stick to it.. Never count on getting the current points... Be as nice as humanly possible to the individual rep you begin to deal with- even when every bone in your body screams at you to do otherwise.. And yes, you must have patience!

Last transfer and consolidation I helped with took 13 months and went through three reps.. The transfer fee was $500. In the end, the buyer went from a 30,000 pt a year contract to a 180,000 pt a year contract for just $3,000! It was a great deal, but a nightmare to get through the roadblocks.

You can find a very detailed description of the transfer and unification process here:
http://www.timeshareforums.com/forums/royal-holiday-club/50976-unification.html

Good luck.. And don't give up!