• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best buy sale on select Apple products - MacBook Air as low as $599

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Best buy is having a 50th anniversary sale with discounts on some Apple products, and they have a promo for college students to save $150 on select laptops that can be combined with it.

I just ordered an 11" Macbook Air for my daughter for $599 plus tax (that's $300 off).

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
FYI - The forum rules do permit this to be posted here.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Great to know - I come across non-TS and non-travel related 'bargains' all the time - guess I will start sharing them on this forum - totally appropriate.
After all - it is 'Bargain Deals'...

Which Mod is the decision-maker on what is to be defined as a 'bargain'?
What is the criteria?

I just saw a great deal on school supplies - 50% off!!!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Which Mod is the decision-maker on what is to be defined as a 'bargain'?
What is the criteria?

All Mods, moderate all forums.

TUG Owner, Brian Rogers, created this forum, and here is his criteria, posted at the top of the forum, by Brian:

Ok, we are going to try something new in hopes that it will work out and not turn into a fiasco :crash:

What this forum will serve as, is a place for members to post "smoking deals" on anything from Timeshares, to taco toppings. I dont care what it is, as long as it is a "smoking deal" it can go here.

The intent of this forum is for folks to have a place to list a timeshare they are trying to GIVE AWAY or otherwise dispose of, completely free of charge. no TUG membership is required, no fees to be paid...just list your timeshare here to be given away to a willing owner!

Any post here is subject to removal if it is not considered to be a smoking deal, and a full refund of the amount paid to post the ad will be given immediately.

This forum will of course be subject to abuse, however I hope that it will be kept to a minimum to allow this forum to continue. If not, Ill shut it off and consider it a lesson learned!

Please use your best judgement when posting "smoking deals" and ENSURE YOU WORD THE TITLE ACCORDINGLY.

"Residence club avaria week 52/penthouse, Free to good owner!" is a valid title for a smoking deal

as would be

"Woot.com selling 60GB ipods for $99.99 today only!"

"buy my timeshare" is not

This forum will also serve as a place to move posts that may be borderline advertisements from other forums.

enjoy! :banana:

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry to have offended someone with the post. I've read the posting guidelines, and knew it met the criteria even though it wasn't ts related.

Since there are generally very few "deals" on macs, I thought this warranted a post. I'm a lifelong Mac user and thrifty shopper, and about 18-20% off is usually the best you'll find. 33% is pretty rare...

Denise can feel free to remove it.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Scott - It's fine. I just posted in #2, because there were some questions about it. (Great deal too!)

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you provide a link to the $599 macAir? I only able to find one with price of $749 on bestbuy website. Thanks

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can you provide a link to the $599 macAir? I only able to find one with price of $749 on bestbuy website. Thanks

It was $599 after the discount:
promo for college students to save $150

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-18 at 9.58.18 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-08-18 at 9.58.18 PM.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't see any code to get that additional $150 off for the $599 price even after I add the computer to the cart.

In the link Denise provided, scroll to the bottom and click "sign up for college deals". You will be asked to enter the name of the college and your email address, and they will then email you a code good for the $150 off. I received the email with the code just a couple of minutes after signing up.

lorenmd

TUG Member
Reaction score
they had a typo. it was suppose to be $749 after the $150 college discount and $899 before. that is what they have it back to. you got a great deal.