• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

36000 bluegreen points - FREE - will pay transfer

rtfoster67

Reaction score
I will pay the title transfer fee for these points:

The Suites at Hershey Condominium, Unit: B402, Timeshare Periods # 39, 38, 37, F
Trust Fund E
Sales Type "Y"
36000 Annual points expire 3/31/2014, next earn date 4/1/2014.

All paid in full.

Pietin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham-Glacier Canyon, Star Island, Cypress Palms, Pagosa Spring, Kingsgate, DVC - OKW, VGF
This looks like a great offer, what are the maintance fees?

gandalf252002

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a good price to buy in, especially to have the 20,000 points that are left over. My wife would kill me though if I took on any more points. You could make a couple rentals just using the 20,000 points to pay for next years MF`s.

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbour Lake, Divi Phoenix, Coconut Palm II
I am not familiar with Bluegreen and I have a couple of questions; could those points be used at any Bluegreen resort? And if so, would there be additional fees/charges? Also, the points being offered are applicable only to the weeks listed? Could different weeks be requested?

Finally, I own a fixed week at LaCabana in Aruba which I absolutely love (purchased on Ebay a couple of years ago for $ 1) and is also a Bluegreen Resort. I would be interested in taking these points only if I can use them to add weeks to my existing one. How many weeks could be had with 36,000 points? The week I own is 48 which is right after Thanksgiving.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Here's a link for the Bluegreen guide. Looks like about 12,000 points a week
For Aruba depending on the room size. I don't know how hard it is to get in
There. Also, the points are good at any Bluegreen resort.

http://bluegreenonline.com/points.pdf

rtfoster67

Reaction score
Yes, you could use them at any bluegreen resort, but these are points, so you would have to reserve based on availability, I can go on the web-site today and see this:

check-in: check-out: villa type: max occ. season points
7/26/2014 8/2/2014 2 Bedroom Deluxe 6 Ultra Red 15,000

Though to actually book this week in July I would have to pay the fees in November and then have my points applied for next year (2014).

I cannot check November 2014 (too far out), November 2013 is all booked as of now, so its hard to say just using the bluegreen owner website. I have never sold points or purchased any points from anyone other than bluegreen.

cory30

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have seen good availability at La Cabana (including Christmas week) during all seasons if you are able to make reservations between 9-11 months from your travel date.

geekette

Reaction score
I am not familiar with Bluegreen and I have a couple of questions; could those points be used at any Bluegreen resort? And if so, would there be additional fees/charges? Also, the points being offered are applicable only to the weeks listed? Could different weeks be requested?

Finally, I own a fixed week at LaCabana in Aruba which I absolutely love (purchased on Ebay a couple of years ago for $ 1) and is also a Bluegreen Resort. I would be interested in taking these points only if I can use them to add weeks to my existing one. How many weeks could be had with 36,000 points? The week I own is 48 which is right after Thanksgiving.

No additional fees or charges to use the points. There is an annual club dues fee, um, $130?, charged at anniversary time.

In BG, Points are Points, use throughout the network, any resort, any time (note, there are restrictions on Season for saved points).

presumably "your" unit is not in points, so while you may be able to extend your stay in Aruba, it's unlikely that you could remain in the same unit.

Reaction score
New to Bluegreen can u check dates

I have owned a fix week at la cabana since 99. I do not know how easy or hard it would be to book a week at la cabana during week 31-32. Can you check the system to see if there is availability to check in on aug 7,8 of 2014. See if they have 1 bedroom deluxe or the 2 bedroom suite or 1 bedrooms available. Thanks

rtfoster67

Reaction score
I have owned a fix week at la cabana since 99. I do not know how easy or hard it would be to book a week at la cabana during week 31-32. Can you check the system to see if there is availability to check in on aug 7,8 of 2014. See if they have 1 bedroom deluxe or the 2 bedroom suite or 1 bedrooms available. Thanks
I cannot check August 2014 for now, 36000 is Gold level and I am allowed to only see availability out to July 2014.

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
geekette, if BG points are points, as you say, is there an advantage to owning points at any specific resort? Why are points always linked or assigned to particular resorts?

I am tempted by this offer but want to make certain I am understanding everything clearly. I travel to Aruba the same weeks every year so reserving a year in advance would not be an issue.

I would appreciate any advice by BG experts out there. Thanks.

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rtfoster67, what are the 2014 MF and when are they due? Also, the remaining unused 20,000 will have to be used by March 2014 or else they are gone? What happens to unused points? Can they be rolled over and for how long?

akp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I cannot check August 2014 for now, 36000 is Gold level and I am allowed to only see availability out to July 2014.

Actually, no BG owner can see availability beyond 11 months out.

Premier members (Silver, Gold and Platinum) can get on the wait list before the booking window opens at 11 months.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
The only Benefit you get for a home resort is bonus time at that resort.
If you buy from the developer you get bonus time at any resort.

Any points rolled forward can only be used during certain seasons. I believe
They can't be used for the highest season. You can't just use the term Red Season
In Bluegreen because a lot of their resorts use different terms like Ultra Red
Season.

geekette

Reaction score
geekette, if BG points are points, as you say, is there an advantage to owning points at any specific resort? Why are points always linked or assigned to particular resorts?

I am tempted by this offer but want to make certain I am understanding everything clearly. I travel to Aruba the same weeks every year so reserving a year in advance would not be an issue.

I would appreciate any advice by BG experts out there. Thanks.

The actual deeds are held by trusts, the points owners have beneficiary rights to use those points. So, the points are linked to a deed.

Again, the earliest you would ever be able to confirm a reservation is at 11 months out. You can't see nor book before that, you are only able to get on a waitlist (if a Premiere owner, I do not think waitlist is available for all points owners).

The other advantage to points being tied to a specific unit week is the ability to Use Your Week. If, for example, these points were tied to Resort Hoity Toity Week 7, then you would be able to claim Your Unit at Hoity Toity by week 7 of the preceeding year. Claiming YOUR WEEK occurs before the 11 month reservation window starts, thus, the only time available for points usage is Unclaimed Weeks (no obligation to book 7 nights, however).

I do not know how many claim Their Week, but I have no desire to do so, never have, I bought for the points and not the actual week. If you were to score a unit week right before or after your fixed week, this would lock you in - you are Always Guaranteed usage of Your Week, IF you claim it in time. Once the deadline has passed, you have no more rights to that time than any other owner.

That is the only way you can be assured of getting that resort at that time, by owning it.

Please keep asking about whatever you need to.

akp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will pay the title transfer fee for these points:

The Suites at Hershey Condominium, Unit: B402, Timeshare Periods # 39, 38, 37, F
Trust Fund E
Sales Type "Y"
36000 Annual points expire 3/31/2014, next earn date 4/1/2014.

All paid in full.

I'm interested in these. Are they spoken for yet? I sent you a PM.

Anita

rtfoster67

Reaction score
Rtfoster67, what are the 2014 MF and when are they due? Also, the remaining unused 20,000 will have to be used by March 2014 or else they are gone? What happens to unused points? Can they be rolled over and for how long?
We have not gotten a statement for 2014 yet. Total fees for 2013 were $2109. They are normally due Nov. 15 of each year. As for unused points they can be saved and used in only Blue, Red, or White season and only for one year (from bluegreen website):

"Any unused annual Points from your account can be saved before the end of your personal fiscal year by electing to do so online or by phone. Saved Points are valid for one year in Red, White and Blue seasons. Any unused saved Points will expire at the end of your next personal fiscal year."

Reaction score
How many deeded contracts is it

How many deeded contracts are there? And how many points are allocated to each contract (deed)? Or all all the points under 1 deed?