• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help...first time to use points

Reaction score
Situation:

Need to get a last call week in location1 unit that is saturday to saturday unit.
Husband and I wish to stay saturday & sunday and turn rest of that week over to newly married daughter.

At the same time want to get another last call week (saturday to saturday unit) same area location2 to go to on Monday after daughters wedding. But my other son & daughter in law would need to check in on Saturday.

Want to do things right but want to get the best value out of this...
Don't completely understand RCI rules here.
What is the best way to go about this?
Is this 2 fees?

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Just Do It.

What is the best way to go about this?
We made an Instant Exchange reservation for our nephew & his family for the same week -- except with different check-in days -- that we made a Last Call reservation for ourselves. Our check-in day was Friday. Nephew & family were scheduled to check in Saturday.

It turned out that our nephew's airline reservation did not match his timeshare reservation -- off by 1 day, arriving the day before his scheduled resort check-in.

We fixed it by putting off our own arrival by 1 day & informing the resort that our nephew was checking the 1st day of our reservation, & that we would be there in person ourselves the following day. Nephew & family checked in & were wowed by the niceness of the resort.

Next day, as planned, we showed up at the resort while nephew & family checked in at the other resort, which was reserved in their name. After being wowed at the 1st resort (Silver Lake Resort Silver Points), they were super-wowed at the 2nd (Vistana Villages). Our grand-nieces had such fun at the timeshare that they skipped their 1st day with Mickey Mouse so they could enjoy the nice pool & resort facilities.

They had to get home before their week was over, so we moved over to Vistana Villages without checking out of Silver Lake Resort Silver Points. We checked out of Silver Lake Resort Silver Points on time, then checked out next day at Vistana Villages (i.e., turned in the key cards).

All that was on the up & up, & nobody made any fuss at either timeshare.

Reservations at 2 resorts were involved, so there were 2 fees -- but only 1 fee for each reservation despite the coming & going involved as we made our personal arrangements to accommodate our nephew's family's schedule.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Reaction score
Since I was a weeks owner from 1991 to 2010, I think I have misunderstood the points systems advantage. I thought that last calls were 9000 points thus you could really get more for your points.

The last calls did not show up as points, so I guess I have it all wrong.
I was thinking i could get 2 units each for 9000 points but i cannot find that on rci website. I find last calls with $amt and if you are reserving for a guest/family member you have to pay extra fee.

I also could not find instant exchange anywhere either.
I am finding this all very confusing. :(
I have tried looking via my points and my week account.
RCI's website is acting up as well..every time I try to look at reviews it completely throws me out of and i have to log in again. Arghh what a pain.....

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Last Call = $$$ Only. Instant Exchange = 9,000 Points + Fee.

I thought that last calls were 9000 points thus you could really get more for your points.
You're thinking of what RCI calls Instant Exchange -- 9,000 points (maximum) + exchange fee for full week reservations at RCI Weeks timeshares when the reservation is made within 30 days of check-in (formerly 45 days -- so it goes).

With Last Call, you don't need any points at all -- only cash.

aliikai2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Go to the week side of your points account

Search for a week in a weeks resort that starts within the next 45 days. If there is space open it will be for 9000 points or less.
This only applies to weeks only resorts, not points resorts. There are never any discounted points weeks at a points resort.
So for the 2 weeks you are trying to book, if they have them you will have 2 exchange fees and 1 guest fee.
Last call or extra vacations have nothing to do with using points, these are a cash only rental of weeks from RCI.

fwiw,

Greg

Since I was a weeks owner from 1991 to 2010, I think I have misunderstood the points systems advantage. I thought that last calls were 9000 points thus you could really get more for your points.

The last calls did not show up as points, so I guess I have it all wrong.
I was thinking i could get 2 units each for 9000 points but i cannot find that on rci website. I find last calls with $amt and if you are reserving for a guest/family member you have to pay extra fee.

I also could not find instant exchange anywhere either.
I am finding this all very confusing. :(
I have tried looking via my points and my week account.
RCI's website is acting up as well..every time I try to look at reviews it completely throws me out of and i have to log in again. Arghh what a pain.....

Reaction score
Search for a week in a weeks resort that starts within the next 45 days. If there is

So do you have to call rci to make the exchange for the points?

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Free Guest Certificates For RCI Points "Additional Users."

When you did an instant exchange for your nephew did you have to pay an extra guest certificate fee?
No -- the Guest Certificate was el freebo.

That's because he's 1 of our official RCI Points Additional Users whose names we sent in with our RCI Points membership application in 2005.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
You Typed A Mouthful.

Search for a week in a weeks resort that starts within the next 45 days. If there is space open it will be for 9000 points or less.
This only applies to weeks only resorts, not points resorts. There are never any discounted points weeks at a points resort.
So for the 2 weeks you are trying to book, if they have them you will have 2 exchange fees and 1 guest fee.
Last call or extra vacations have nothing to do with using points, these are a cash only rental of weeks from RCI.

fwiw,

Greg
You are (mostly) correct, sir.

It used to be within the next 45 days, but apparently the biz geniuses at RCI decided to switch it to the next 30 days instead.

So it goes.