• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Beachwoods (#3679)

Paulzy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello

Just wondering if anyone has any info about this resort:

Beachwoods (#3679)
Kitty Hawk, NC USA

or http://www.beachwoods.com/

The staff seem quite friendly on the phone.
And I know they have been under reno's for a while, and should be complete by late December 2015. Which is good, as we plan to visit in mid March

Many thanks for any info

mbh

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Double Check

Read the reviews on TUG and Trip Advisor. We were there in May (review posted) and there was massive construction. More recent reviews indicate some progress but not total. I would also specifically ask the resort what is done and what still has to be done. Obviously, the TUG reviews are better, but there are more of them on Trip Advisor.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am an owner at Beachwoods and attended the Owners Update in November

Hello

Just wondering if anyone has any info about this resort:

Beachwoods (#3679)
Kitty Hawk, NC USA

or http://www.beachwoods.com/

The staff seem quite friendly on the phone.
And I know they have been under reno's for a while, and should be complete by late December 2015. Which is good, as we plan to visit in mid March

Many thanks for any info

Below is a link to my blog page regarding the update, along with pictures.

http://www.timesharevacationsblog.com/2015/11/beachwoods-2nd-annual-owners-bbq/

I believe everything should be completed by March. I'm heading down there in March also for the annual OBX Taste of the Beach.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeline status from the most recent Newsletter

This came out shortly after I returned from the resort for the Owners Update held in November. Some of the items to be completed in October had not been completed.

Outdoor Pool, Temporary Sales Center & Shoreline Fishing
OPEN

North Glen Recreation Park
OPEN

Welcome Center
(Guest Registration and Sales)
OPEN

Lake and Dock for Paddle Boating and Dockside Fishing
OPEN

Lakeside Lodge with Fireplace Lounge
EARLY OCTOBER

Vacation Home Renovations Complete
LATE OCTOBER

Pavilion Fitness Center
MID-NOVEMBER

Lakeside Lodge & Waterpark
MID-DECEMBER

Oasis Pool Snack Bar
SPRING 2016

Paulzy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many thanks. Great write up.
The CS rep from the resort had said everything should be completed years end.

We too plan to go there mid March

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oasis Pool Snack Bar
SPRING 2016
I should have asked this specifically when we visited in September, or I could just call the resort, but does anybody know if they have provided a more firm date on this?

Just curious if when they use the term Spring they mean March, April, or May?

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
One other question, if anyone can answer, is the main outdoor pool heated? I think the answer is No.

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
No. But I'm assuming the indoor pool in the water park will be.
Thought so. It's a shame kind of. So many great improvements and amenities added to the resort. They did such a good job on the outdoor pool area, it would have been nice to have heated it like many of the Marriott resorts have. Heated outdoor pools can add another 60 days to the outdoor swimming season (spring, fall). Especially on the outer banks.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Specifics are fairly meaningless. Spring is when I would anticipate this.

I should have asked this specifically when we visited in September, or I could just call the resort, but does anybody know if they have provided a more firm date on this?

Just curious if when they use the term Spring they mean March, April, or May?

Owners have been given many specifics that have not come to pass.

Some of the amenities with October and November dates weren't completed when we visited in November for Owners Update.

There was a tremendous amount of work still to be done on the Water Park and surrounding area when we were there in November. While units were mostly completed, there were units still awaiting items. Fitness Center still had quite a bit left to do.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Beachwoods website.

I find it a bit odd and somewhat annoying sinse I reference this website in my listings. It's a beautiful website and the video is very captivating. To me, it shows the essence of what the Outer Banks is all about.

However, to see the video, one has to scroll down to the bottom of the Home Page. Otherwise, one simply sees a slide show and hears narration in the background. When I reference the website, I always tell folks to scroll to the bottom.

My opinion is the video needs to be placed where the slideshow is located. It's wonderful, but poorly placed.

I scratch my head. Am I missing something? A tremendous amount of effort was put into the video and it should be the focus of the website.

www.beachwoods.com