• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New guy in here

GeraldineT

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Well right now I'm looking into renting the ones that I have saved, if someone can help me out, give me a link to what would be a good way to do that I would appreciate it.

I have had ads on Ebay, craigslist and of course here. What about friends and family? A friend of mine made an ad and posted it to her Facebook and asked a few friends to share it and she had more takers than she had weeks.

I just charge my costs. The proportionate cost of the maintenance based on the points used, guest certificate and any ebay and paypal fees. If you book through private sources (friends/family) you can offer a better rate since you will not have to pay the ebay/paypal fees.

Good luck. Its not easy but at least early enough in the year that you still have time.

AF Veteran

Reaction score
I figured it'd be just advertising and notifying Welk about it..I guess I'll have to make a thread about it.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is just for last minute rental section. You can list in the TUG marketplace for whatever you want.

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You should be able to rent out a week at the Lawrence Welk in Escondido for at least close to your MF's, it's only 45 minutes from the beach! If you book a summer or spring break week it shouldn't be a problem. Just try to book the largest unit you can and don't ask too much and it should rent with no problem.

Trust me, someday you will use this if you can't get rid of it! T/S can provide wonderful vacations with very comfortable amenities. I hope you get to enjoy what it can offer in a future vacation.

Janna

AF Veteran

Reaction score
It's been a little while since I have posted in here..been busy and moving..fun stuff.

Unless I've overlooked it I dont see a section where I can advertise what I have that I want to sell..I have some time saved up cause I was over seas so if someone can point to where I can rent out my saved time I would appreciate it.

Thanks. :)

glypnirsgirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's been a little while since I have posted in here..been busy and moving..fun stuff.

Unless I've overlooked it I dont see a section where I can advertise what I have that I want to sell..I have some time saved up cause I was over seas so if someone can point to where I can rent out my saved time I would appreciate it.

Thanks. :)

Welcome back!

In the red bar above at the top of your screen is a section called "marketplace." That is where the ads are.

elaine

AF Veteran

Reaction score
I see that now, thanks.

Cant do anything with it tho cause I'm not a member..never shouldve bought the thing.

Last edited:

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see that now, thanks.

Cant do anything with it tho cause I'm not a member..never shouldve bought the thing.

That's nothing $15 can't solve.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Beefy's right. You own the TS. It has no value other than in it's use. Might as well use TUG to find out how to use it and have some great vacations. For $15 you can check reviews of where you can exchange into then if you still want to list it for sale or to rent some weeks out that's an option too.

Best wishes

Jim

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We really need a "Single's Timesharing" area here...While i'm lucky to have a 6yr old i can bring in tow sometimes, there are other times i'd love to be able to figure out where to go to AVOID kids and families

When you put together that list, please share it with me.:)

AF Veteran

Reaction score
That's nothing $15 can't solve.

Beefy's right. You own the TS. It has no value other than in it's use. Might as well use TUG to find out how to use it and have some great vacations. For $15 you can check reviews of where you can exchange into then if you still want to list it for sale or to rent some weeks out that's an option too.

Best wishes

Jim

Yup..I'm in that now trying to figure that all out..been busy..:wall: