• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Purchase Timeline New Owner

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check your use year on those, if it's not January you will still have time to use them. Anybody know if Owner Care will make a reservation for Bendadin so they can use points if they expire in Dec.?

The contract should be through the end of the year and it is an even use year. I'm not much concerned. In December, I'll be concerned.

I've traveled way too much this year as it is. We did 8 weeks in Disneyworld over the past year. We also had a trip to Grandma's house and several nights at National Harbor. As it stands this fall I have a several night trip to Huntington Beach, CA, and then another two weeks at Disneyworld (although if I can sell those DVC nights, I will.) I am Disneyed out. lol

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well points finally dropped into my account. I still have 15RT and 28 guest certificates. Ironically I had a WDW match in RCI today. I figured that I wouldn't take the match as to not use too many of my RCI points, but I guess that is not a problem any longer.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
So I called Wyndham OC this evening to see about aligning my use years. OC rep says sure. Puts me on hold and after 5 minutes comes back and says your use years are now aligned and new points will be available Jan 1, 2018.

I realize that I would have to wait a whole year to use the points vs. Mar 1 2017 - 2018 for the 254k as the contract was sold.

I explained this to the rep and he said it was better to keep them as is. He reverted them back to a staggered.

All the time very nice and helpful.

Here is what my points summary is Points Summary:
2018 Total
Travel From Expiration Points Description Points Available
Available
Apr 1, 2017 Mar 31, 2018 Regular 254,000
Jan 1, 2018 Dec 31, 2018 Regular 545,000

Lesson learned. Ask before you go align use years. Luckily I caught and rep was able to revert back.

That would have sucked to wait an additional year to use points.....:wall::wall::wall:

Hope this helps the next person.

So for kicks I checked my points status. Low and behold things had changed..... (without me knowing it....)

2017 Total
Travel From Expiration Points Description Points Available
Jan 1, 2017 Dec 31, 2017 Regular 190,500
Jan 1, 2018 Dec 31, 2018 Regular 799,000

They took my 254k contract and matched use years. Gave me 75% of the value (9 months) for 2017. Now I have to credit pool points from future year 2018 to have enough points to equal my vacation needs for Christmas vacation 2018.

Would have prefered they just left them alone however she said that they had received a memo about matching all points years a few weeks ago thus mine was changed.

so for future buyers beware of contracts you purchase may not initially have points if partial/full points values are stripped/used when you acquire them.

In some ways this makes my life easier because I was going to have 24k points left over that I would have to dump into RCI for non-use. Now I just pay the credit pool fee, pull points needed to equal my vacation needs (cancel and rebook one of my other vacations to get APR at desired resort 13 months out) then re-book other week with combo of pooled and contract points.

this just requires move moving parts to accomplish what I want but in the end all works out. :shrug:

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Next:

-Previous owner sends signed Docs to closing company.
-Closing company prepares deed and sends it to local recording office.
-Recording office records it and sends closing company a stamped copy.
-Closing company sends a copy to you and to Wyndham.
-It sits on someone's desk at Wyndham for awhile.
-Wyndham records it.
-You know it's in your name when you get a bill from Wyndham.

My last Wyndham purchase with Benjamin timeshares took 6 mos.

I didn't know CWA points required a deed which needed recording at a county office. I thought completed sales paperwork was sent to Wydham where they processed the transfer and new account setup (after it sits on someone's desk for awhile.).

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't know CWA points required a deed which needed recording at a county office. I thought completed sales paperwork was sent to Wydham where they processed the transfer and new account setup (after it sits on someone's desk for awhile.).

Yes.......

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

The Wyndham weeks that I own are deeded weeks - sorry for the confusion.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
The reason I asked is because SumDay said completed paperwork on our first eBay purchase was sent to Wyndham.. I am assuming now a 4-6 week wait for processing...?

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
mine closed before the points debacle so who knows now....

40 days on the 2 of mine but likely longer.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's not a deed, but you do get new paperwork from the CWA Trust. It is still a two- step process where the previous owners transfer their trust interest to you and you accept it...once you accept it then Wyndham does their 4-6 week transfer. 2-3 months later you'll get your Trust documents in the mail, much like a deed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
How many guest certificates are you allowed with the purchase of these contracts?

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
I just had a resale purchase show up today .. was 14 weeks for the closing / recording process plus another 9 weeks of it sitting in a pile at Wyndham:

- October 10 won bid
- January 24 recorded deed received from county at closing agent and transfer request sent to Wyndham
- April 5th points show up on Wyndham site

All the points are there.

Bob

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points
I just had a resale purchase show up today .. was 14 weeks for the closing / recording process plus another 9 weeks of it sitting in a pile at Wyndham:

- October 10 won bid
- January 24 recorded deed received from county at closing agent and transfer request sent to Wyndham
- April 5th points show up on Wyndham site

All the points are there.

Bob

YIKES- I called them today, and they said it is only 4 weeks now. I wonder what was holding yours up?

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
YIKES- I called them today, and they said it is only 4 weeks now. I wonder what was holding yours up?
same here. 4-6 weeks. Mine was received 2 weeks ago.

All paperwork received.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
Not sure .. Other indications were 6 to 8 weeks so I just waited .. I did some emailing to the closing agent during their 14 weeks but never spoke to Wyndham. I also received an emailing of the deed yesterday from the closing agent who was notified by Wyndham of my activation.

Bob

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Purchased: December 28, 2016
2017 points fully available & Credit Pooled Points also Arrived
Resort : Wyndham Club Access
Seller/Broker: AngelaNoel (Tug)

January 3, 2017 - Angela requested documents from Wyndham to process transfer.
January 9, 2017 - Documents arrive at Wyndham mailroom for processing.
Some where mid-way - Wyndham owed us money and sent paper work back to closing agent saying our account was over due. After 2+ hours on the phone - We receive refund and paper work is resent by closing agent back to wyndham.... (gotta love wyndhams accounting system)
March 16, 2017 - Wyndham Assignment Contract signed and mailed to Wyndham
March 21, 2017 - All documents arrive at Wyndham Title Services
April 6, 2017 - Spoke with Title services all documents are in. Running 4-6 weeks to process.
April 21, 2017 - Spoke with Title services all documents are in - working on Feb 20.
May 9, 2017 - Contract is finally processed

Total Time to Close: 126 Days..... 3x longer than other 2 contracts.
Should note AngelaNoel was great to work with. Wyndhams accounting system resulted in them sending documents back to Angela saying our account was delinquent. After I spend 2+ hours on the phone with financial services they determined they owed me money.... Money was refunded and contract closed.

Credit pooled points from previous owners transfered with contract for those interested.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Purchased: December 28, 2016
2017 points fully available & Credit Pooled Points also Arrived
Resort : Wyndham Club Access
Seller/Broker: AngelaNoel (Tug)

January 3, 2017 - Angela requested documents from Wyndham to process transfer.
January 9, 2017 - Documents arrive at Wyndham mailroom for processing.
Some where mid-way - Wyndham owed us money and sent paper work back to closing agent saying our account was over due. After 2+ hours on the phone - We receive refund and paper work is resent by closing agent back to wyndham.... (gotta love wyndhams accounting system)
March 16, 2017 - Wyndham Assignment Contract signed and mailed to Wyndham
March 21, 2017 - All documents arrive at Wyndham Title Services
April 6, 2017 - Spoke with Title services all documents are in. Running 4-6 weeks to process.
April 21, 2017 - Spoke with Title services all documents are in - working on Feb 20.
May 9, 2017 - Contract is finally processed

Total Time to Close: 126 Days..... 3x longer than other 2 contracts.
Should note AngelaNoel was great to work with. Wyndhams accounting system resulted in them sending documents back to Angela saying our account was delinquent. After I spend 2+ hours on the phone with financial services they determined they owed me money.... Money was refunded and contract closed.

Credit pooled points from previous owners transfered with contract for those interested.

Amazing all the hassles to get a contract transferred. I did want to second your note on AngelaNoel. I bought my contract thru her. Very easy to work with and when I had an issue with not all the points transferring her company stepped up and made it right.