• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any Tuggers Successful With II 2011 Trades?

malago

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tuggers....... are your trades with II for 2011 coming thru after the new Marriott DC come on board? Is it taking longer than usual?

Last edited:

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
I definitely can't complain -- traded a silver Barony Beach week (end of March) for a platinum Barony Beach week (second week of July). Had my request in 14 months in advance and came thru at 11 months. First time I've ever been able to "upgrade". Maybe it was a fluke, but I'm not complaining.:whoopie:

Louise2

Reaction score
Put our lockoff of Shadow Ridge Villages ON Request with II for Newport Coast week of March 6-13 and was confirmed in a few days. This the third year we have done this and were happy to get the exchange again.

rapjr

Reaction score
I traded the 1BR L/O of my Aruba Surf for a 2BR at Barony. Request filled in about a week.

Davey54321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Traded our 2 bedroom Cypress Harbour Memorial Day week 2011...

For a 3 bedroom unit next April 2011 in Marbella, Spain. Had a request in for the Disney/Paris property for a few months and called to add Spain in to that request (for same Spring break week) and the 3 bedroom was available - we were psyched!

Note: European resorts are not part of Marriott DP program, so the only way to trade for them is through II. Though, this trade request was put through as part of our Marriott II/DP membership and thus we weren't 'charged' for it....

Vicki

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had mixed luck. Got a 1 br Aruba Ocean Club confirmed within a day for August 2011. Put in a request for MVF back in February -10 for June 2011 and nothing yet. Thinking about adding Spain to that request (I would like to add it but some of my family wants to keep the request the way it is). Not sure how long I want to wait on that before making a plan B.

I have called II several times about my MVF request. They keep telling me to wait until the maintenance fees for 2011 are due in January. I don't understand what this has to do with anything. I have already made reservations for 2011 with my home resorts and deposited the weeks with II and I haven't paid 2011 MFs yet. Can someone explain the logic behind this?

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that previously I have gotten this same trade twice for MVF within weeks so this time it is taking much longer ...or is it going to happen at all? And European resorts are not part of the points system so can't blame on that, either.

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
I'm happier than ever for 2011 with II, but I'm outside the new system entirely if that makes a difference. I got a 2 bdrm for Pres Week as well as Spring Break week at BeachPlace in Ft. Laud. using smaller deposits. Now I've gotta deposit my 'owned' studios for the same weeks as I don't need 3 bdrms.

Also got a 2 bdrm at Manor Club (MMC) for July 4 week 2011 using a studio at the same resort (MSE).

Brian

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did a request first with a 1BR Beach Place Towers (Florida Club) and got a 1BR Ko Olina July check in and it matched in less than a week.

I also got a 2BR Cypress Harbour for the week before Easter with the studio unit from Grande Vista.

griffinhouse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I placed a request (using DSV II - 1 bedroom) in March 2010 for a March 2011 week (gave them at least 3 weeks to pick from) at one of the following: Frenchman's Cove, Aruba Surf Club and Ocean Club, Ocean Point and Oceana Palms. Did not receive a confirmation so ended up doing Plan B--a 2 bedroom March 19th at the Hyatt Wild Oak in San Antonio. I was checking everyday and it just popped up. We're happy because we have a daughter in Austin but was a little surprised we did not receive our request. I'm still puzzled as to why.

AMJ

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
These are the two successful exchanges for 2011 that were confirmed immediately:
Manor Club 3rd week in June and Easter Week at Cypress Harbour.

I was told that there was plenty of availability for both trades.

We are still waiting for a request first exchange for 1st week in August for OceanWatch.

Rene McDaniel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Traded my March 2011 Shadow Ridge studio lockoff for a 2-bedroom Hilton Head the 1st week of July at Harbor Pointe @ Sunset Cove. It took Interval only 2 weeks to match our request. Very happy because we gave Interval only a 2-day check-in window as this is right after our DVC exchange to Boardwalk Villas (RCI). Loving the Marriott-to-Marriott preference.

--- Rene McDaniel

rapjr

Reaction score
What season for the Barony did you receive?

Looks like Gold as its the first week in September. I thought it would still be platinum since the summer months are so heavy there. That's exactly when we wanted to go though so I'm okay with it.
I should have tried my studio side to see if it pulled it...

Last edited:

JimIg23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Put in a request for NCV summer 2011 (only can take two different weeks) for my MHZ 2 bedroom March 2011 deposit. Put it in April. Still have not gotten it. (We did get a NCV summer week from a 2010 NCV deposit.)

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Tuggers....... are your trades with II for 2011 coming thru after the new Marriott DC come on board? Is it taking longer than usual?

I've had no problem getting my exchanges after Marriott introduced their new destination club.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
...and that's because we all know now that....there are almost no weeks in the club. A vast majority of everyone is still either staying in their home unit, trading for points, or exchanging with II.

I've had no problem getting my exchanges after Marriott introduced their new destination club.

bobcat

TUG Member
Reaction score
What season for the Barony did you receive?

Looks like Gold as its the first week in September. I thought it would still be platinum since the summer months are so heavy there. That's exactly when we wanted to go though so I'm okay with it.
I should have tried my studio side to see if it pulled it...

Yes, First week of Sept. at the Barony is Gold. It is a great time to go.

inishbofin

TUG Member
Reaction score
No trouble trading with II so far

On Saturday morning we requested Easter 2011 at MOW (Specific week at a specific resort) using a 2010 MFV week and II confirmed a trade in 48 hours. :cheer:

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Just traded an AC from a 1 bedroom non Marriott FLBR, for a 3 bedroom Grande Vista for early December. I'm happy there is still lots of Marriott inventory in II in Orlando. Hopefully it will continue. :whoopie:

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
...and that's because we all know now that....there are almost no weeks in the club. A vast majority of everyone is still either staying in their home unit, trading for points, or exchanging with II.

And you know that how? Certainly not from reading TUG, which is a very small sample of Marriott owners.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
And you know that how? Certainly not from reading TUG, which is a very small sample of Marriott owners.
Good point. And to add to your question, the TUG bunch is generally the more 'educated' population of the overall MVC membership. What one sees as a trend here does not mean the same is occurring with the general MVC membership. Actually, at times, the direction of the two maybe quite opposite.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark

I've been running a number of test trades with a companion system (Worldmark), which is a good system in its own right, and has remarkable trading power.

I've had good success getting shoulder-season confirmations in the last few months for Marriott properties using Worldmark, so Marriott (and it's priority) should be even better.

Recent trades (shoulder season):

Waiohai 2BR (December 2010 -- couple months ago, not Flex)
Shadow Ridge 2BR (May 2011)
(but any Palm Springs Marriott Gold/Silver is widely available)
Aruba Surf Club 1BR (October 2011)
Aruba Ocean Club 1BR (September 2011)
Frenchman's Cove 2BR (Sept 2011)
Frenchman's Cove 2BR (October 2011)
Aruba 1BR (April 2011)

Recent trades (Higher demand season):

Ko Olina Studio (February 2011 -- Presidents week)
Ko Olina Studio (July 2011)

It's very very easy to get high season Studio's with Worldmark (except MOC), because a multi-week Marriott owner will book a reservation 13 months out, lock off the studio, and deposit it. It passes thru the 24 day Marriott preference and becomes available to the Worldmark owner who has an on-going search. This was a trick PerryM figured out.

This has led me to the conclusion that I can get (at the moment, at least) many of the shoulder season trade options that I might want (and a few of the prime season) using my companion system as the trader, and it is not necessary to use the valuable Marriott points for routine travel. I'll save Marriott points for the very difficult reservations to obtain (like 5 nights Mountain/Garden view in Lahaina Villas).

This has also forced me to think about how important it is to have the 1BR (or the view guarantee) versus the Studio.

Best to all,

Greg

Last edited:

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good morning...

Greg...

I thought I was an II "maven" but you are "da man". Keep up the good work...

Puckman