Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Resort Regions > Canada

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 20 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old April 29, 2009, 07:29 PM   #1
Sandy VDH

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Wyndham VIP Platinum, HGVC Elite, Tradewinds(TW), +++
Cranberry Waterfront Suites and Country

Does anyone have any info on this property? I know about the reviews for Club Cranberry and Law Cranberry, but not one has reviewed this recently opened section. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Any 'homeland" Ontario folks have any info.... I was born in London, Ontario but live in Austin, TX now. Obviously this has opened since I moved many moons ago.

I also remember that Marcia3641 was recently there. Perhaps she can provide some info to me.

TIA

Last edited by Sandy VDH; April 29, 2009 at 07:33 PM.
Sandy VDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2009, 09:07 AM   #2
mikey0531
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 7, 05
I just saw that online too. It was unusual so see so much summer availability for an Ontario timeshare. It looks nice. I'd love to hear feedback too, if anyone's been there.

Debi
mikey0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2009, 09:31 AM   #3
Sandy VDH

TUG Member

very very unusual to see summer Ontario available at all. My family lives there and always want summer, but I don't own summer in Ontario so I am ALWAYS on the look out for a trade. And in reality not a heck of a lot gets deposited. People either use or rent their summer vacations. So it was very unusual to see a whole summer worth of deposits.

It is a new property. So it is likely these are ALL developer weeks looking for new blood.
Old April 30, 2009, 10:24 AM   #4
Twinkstarr
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 12, 07

Resorts: Disney Saratoga Springs, Disney Vero Beach, Starwood Lakeside Terrace (Ski Wk.), Boyne Mtn, Wyndham Old Town Alexandria
Here's the website.
http://www.thecranberryresort.com/chc.php

for everyone who saw that bank of summer weeks.
Twinkstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 10:00 PM   #5
CSB
TUG Member

Resorts: Carriage Hills
There is a new section of the Cranberry resort called Cranberry Harbour Castle. There have been complains on TUG from recent buyers that there was supposed to be a swimming pool built in this section of the resort but, as yet, it has not been done. This forces anyone who wants to swim to cross the busy highway and use the main outdoor pool. The restaurant is also across the highway.

I believe that the units are nice and the location on the water is also a drawing point but people have complained that they are forced to use the car to enjoy the amenities of the resort.

I am assuming that this is the resort that you are referring to although the name "Waterfront Suites" does not match "Harbour Castle". It appears to be the same location. Perhaps they changed the name?
Old May 2, 2009, 08:47 PM   #6
JMSH

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 17, 06

Resorts: Marriott Grande Vista
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Lovell View Post
Does anyone have any info on this property? I know about the reviews for Club Cranberry and Law Cranberry, but not one has reviewed this recently opened section. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Any 'homeland" Ontario folks have any info.... I was born in London, Ontario but live in Austin, TX now. Obviously this has opened since I moved many moons ago.

I also remember that Marcia3641 was recently there. Perhaps she can provide some info to me.

TIA
Hi, I am from St.Thomas,Ontario and still live there. We have actually exchanged into this resort. It is in the Collingwood area which is very nice. If you read the reviews on Trip Advisor you will find that it does not appear to terrific at this resort. I am very skeptical about our July exchange.
JMSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2009, 01:42 PM   #7
Sandy VDH

TUG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSH View Post
Hi, I am from St.Thomas,Ontario and still live there. We have actually exchanged into this resort. It is in the Collingwood area which is very nice. If you read the reviews on Trip Advisor you will find that it does not appear to terrific at this resort. I am very skeptical about our July exchange.

Thanks

Say hi to Jumbo for me.
Old May 9, 2009, 08:25 AM   #8
julesntiger

BBS Reg. Date: May 9, 09
Cranberry Waterfront Suites

Just to let anyone know, we are now the proud owners of one of these units. Anyone interested in renting or getting further information, please contact us. Thanks. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS SETTINGS!!!
julesntiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2009, 08:28 AM   #9
Sandy VDH

TUG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesntiger View Post
Just to let anyone know, we are now the proud owners of one of these units. Anyone interested in renting or getting further information, please contact us. Thanks. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS SETTINGS!!!
Can you clarify the naming issues with Harbour vs Waterfront? Are these infact the same units?

Any updates on a pool being built on the side of the highway of the waterfront suites?

Thanks
Old May 9, 2009, 09:14 AM   #10
julesntiger

Cranberry Waterfront Suites

Sandy, Waterfront and Harbour Castle are different. There are 3 pools - one isn't finished as yet, one is adjacent to the golf course (adult) and the kids pool is on the other side of the tennis courts. FYI - we can arrange studio (which faces Blue Mountain) or 1 and 2 bedroom units facing Georgian Bay. Everything is beautiful granite and stainless in the kitchen. You can check out the website to get an overview of the units - CRANBERRY WATERFRONT SUITES. Hope this helps.
Old May 9, 2009, 12:25 PM   #11
Sandy VDH

TUG Member

Their website has both Waterfront and Harbour as the same section. The title on top says one and the text says something else.
Old May 11, 2009, 08:30 AM   #12
julesntiger

Waterfront Suites

Sandy, when you google CRANBERRY WATERFRONT SUITES AND COUNTRY CLUB, just that particular timeshare comes up.
Old May 11, 2009, 12:30 PM   #13
Sandy VDH

TUG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesntiger View Post
Sandy, when you google CRANBERRY WATERFRONT SUITES AND COUNTRY CLUB, just that particular timeshare comes up.
When I google it I get....http://www.thecranberryresort.com/chc.php Don't you think I would have tried that already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Lovell View Post
Their website has both Waterfront and Harbour as the same section. The title on top says one and the text says something else.
Well that exact page is the one that I am talking about that says Waterfront Suites in the title but Harbour Castle in the gray bar that takes you to different accommodation types.

I can't see Harbour Castle info anywhere on the cranberry site or google that is seperate from the Waterfront Info any where. So are they the same? I would have to think so. But if not please provide the exact link that shows the harbour information. Please
Old May 15, 2009, 03:08 PM   #14
julesntiger

Waterfront Vs Harbour Castle

Apparently, Mr. Larry Law decided to change the name from Harbour Castle to Waterfront for whatever reason back in September last year, the new website is coming for all members soon. The pool is coming in phase II. The website that you can check now is the CRANBERRY RESORT. Does this help?
Old May 16, 2009, 09:44 AM   #15
Sandy VDH

TUG Member

Thank you.

At least someone has finally said that the name has changed. Everyone kept saying that these were two seperate timeshares and I was losing it trying to find info on both of them only to find nothing about the Harbour Castle.

So, yes thanks, that stops my braining from wobbling.
Old May 20, 2009, 09:22 PM   #16
westrougers
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Nov 18, 05

Resorts: Law Cranberry, Collingwood Ont Castleburn SA Durban Sands SA (2 units)
[Advertising - Deleted]

[Advertising is not allowed in the forums. - DeniseM Moderator]

Last edited by DeniseM; May 22, 2009 at 10:41 AM.
westrougers is offline   Reply With Quote