Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Resort Regions > Mexico

Mexico Discussion of Mexican Timeshare Resorts and activities/tips for vacations in Mexico!

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 20 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old October 22, 2007, 01:46 PM   #1
Carmelo

BBS Reg. Date: Oct 22, 07
RCI: 6973 - Not an all inclusive - what do we bring?

We are going to the Grand Mayan in Mexico. It is not an all inclusive, but they say they have a grocery store on site.

What do people recommend? Do we stop off and go to a super market before we enter the grounds?

Do we buy at the resort?

What things should we bring from home?

Hoping to receive some ideas.
Carmelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2007, 01:54 PM   #2
janapur

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 28, 07

Resorts: Sands of Kahana-Giants Ridge-Brzy Pnt-Lake Carlos Villas-Park Royal Ixtapa-Summer Bay/Vegas-Enchanted Isle-Mayan Palace
Which week will you be there? Just curious if it's the same week as ours.

I started a thread and there are many others which you find very helpful. Do a search with Mexico food bring groceries, etc

Jana
janapur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2007, 05:13 PM   #3
jules54
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 8, 05
Mayan Palace-Playa Del Carmen

You are going to my favorite place on the planet. Do your grocery shopping in Playa at either Walmart or the Mega Mart of Chedrui all good choices. If your renting a car all have parking lots. If not then take the bus from out on the highway in front of the resort for 1.50 per person and then take a cab back after you are done with your shopping for 18.00.
Read all the reviews in the review section on the Grand Mayan and Mayan Palace there is hundreds of dollars worth of information. With alot of dining recommendations. This area is so easy to get around.
The city of Playa is set up on a different type of grid the streets running north-south advance in 5's example 5th avenue, then 10, then 15.
The east to west streets run in 2's 2nd, 4th, 6th confusing at first, but once you get the hang of things just like being at home ha ha.
Playa is very safe, but also they are hawking timeshare everywhere you go until you just want to scream. Unless you are a profession tourist like I sometimes fancy myself and play the game and make some money and get some great gifts. Just remember its like drugs just SAY NO!!!
As far as food to bring along cereal, power bars, peanut butter, crackers. I would do most of my shopping once I got there. The store at the resort has many things and it would save you trip into town if your just too exhausted for laying by the fabulous pool. I also love the room service at the resort it is the same price as the restaurants and you don't have to wait in line or even get dressed.
When you go into Playa and walk down 5th ave. this street is closed to vehicle traffic. You can walk for approx. 20 blocks with places to shop and dine on both sides of the street. With more places one block to the east(ocean front) or to the west 10th. Have a great time.
jules54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2007, 09:34 PM   #4
Mydogs2big
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 30, 07

Resorts: Palm Canyon Resort, Grand Mayan, Mayan Palace, Polo Towers wk 14, Royal Haciendas wk 6
My list would include:

salt/pepper/sugar/creamer/coffee/filters
Kool Aid/Tea Bags and large plastic cups.

Bug Spray/sunscreen.

Although they provide glasses, they are small and not allowed at the pool.
There is an ice machine, but expect to pay dearly for drinks poolside.

Also, it's not fun to buy huge sacks of spices/coffee if you'll only be there a week or two.

We'll be there in February, have fun.
Mydogs2big is offline   Reply With Quote