• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Durango 105,000 points for free - under contract

durango5000

Reaction score
This time share is paid in full; the loan is paid in full.

We have not used our 105,000 points this year. These are annual points.

Maintenance fees are $71.77 per month. The maintenance fee account is in good standing.

We will pay for transfer and closing fees. Once we close, you will be responsible for future monthly maintenance fees. Until the deal is closed, we will pay all monthy maintenance fees in order to maintain the account in continued good standing.

The Wyndham Resort system is a flexible point system. This means that once you find availability at Durango or any Wyndham resort, you divide the number of points required per night or week into 105,000, and that gives you the number of nights or weeks you can stay. Points per night vary by day of week (weekend nights require more points than weekday nights). Full weeks are a different rate.

See http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wyndham/memberdirectory11-12/ for details on the Durango property, other Wyndham properties, and the points charts for all properties.

In Durango, your 105,000 points would allow you to stay in a one bedroom deluxe unit (up to four people) for one week during prime season.

We will not consider any deal where we have to give the buyer upfront money.

Please contact me with questions.

Last edited:

jmurp62

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points
Very interested

This sounds good. Would you be interested in paying the MF till transferred? It is a thought to me, How would you also be willing to split the MFs for the rest of the year after transfer? Or at least negotiate?
Murf

durango5000

Reaction score
This sounds good. Would you be interested in paying the MF till transferred? It is a thought to me, How would you also be willing to split the MFs for the rest of the year after transfer? Or at least negotiate?
Murf

We will of course pay the MF until transferred. I will edit the OP to clarify.

Additional MFs through 2013 are negotiable.

Make an explicit offer and we will respond. Email or Private Message.

Thanks for your interest.

durango5000

Reaction score
We have a signed contract and are now going through the process of closing the transaction using a transfer agent recommended on this web site.

I will update this thread once the transaction closes.

Thanks all for your interest.

durango5000

Reaction score
Docs received from Legal Timeshare Transfers

(sorry for bump; I don't see an edit button on my OP)

LTT sent the buyer and seller the new deed for the seller to sign and notarize, and a Real Property Transfer form for the seller to sign.

Next step after LTT gets seller's docs, is that LTT will record the deed with the county. This could take 1 to 6 weeks according to LTT.

deannak

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know you've got a deal in the works for this, but I just wanted to say that we checked into the Wyndham Durango today, and I'm very happy with it!

I adore the location - walking distance to everything in town! I can definitely see us coming back here again... :)

durango5000

Reaction score
I know you've got a deal in the works for this, but I just wanted to say that we checked into the Wyndham Durango today, and I'm very happy with it!

I adore the location - walking distance to everything in town! I can definitely see us coming back here again... :)

Thanks for the kind words deannak. Glad to know that our MFs are keeping the property in good shape.

durango5000

Reaction score
Deed transfer recorded

A couple weeks ago the deed was recorded. So we no longer own this timeshare. Still paying monthly MFs as we await Wyndham's update of their ownership records, which inexplicably takes months.

deannak

TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago the deed was recorded. So we no longer own this timeshare. Still paying monthly MFs as we await Wyndham's update of their ownership records, which inexplicably takes months.

How frustrating! We had a great time during our recent stay there, and I'm betting the new owner will love it too -- as soon as Wyndham gets the deal finished! I'd be chomping at the bit... :)

durango5000

Reaction score
How frustrating! We had a great time during our recent stay there, and I'm betting the new owner will love it too -- as soon as Wyndham gets the deal finished! I'd be chomping at the bit... :)

Thanks for commiserating. We knew going in that this was the process so nothing unexpected. I feel more for the buyer who certainly would love to get two full uses in this calendar year.

I am also anxious to provide a complete report of a successful deal since tugbbs provided such an awesome service.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at Wyndham Durango. It's a nice resort in Historic Downtown Durango. Wyndham Durango doesn't come available very often, especially for free, so whoever got it should consider themselves fortunate.

Christmas in Durango is wonderful. Skiing throughout the winter is great and the first couple weeks in October when the Aspen change is breathtaking. We're headed back there next October...

durango5000

Reaction score
We own at Wyndham Durango. It's a nice resort in Historic Downtown Durango. Wyndham Durango doesn't come available very often, especially for free, so whoever got it should consider themselves fortunate.

Christmas in Durango is wonderful. Skiing throughout the winter is great and the first couple weeks in October when the Aspen change is breathtaking. We're headed back there next October...

Thanks Jim. When I started investigating how to dispose of this property, I was very much encouraged by your successful recent sale of Durango points on eBay. I figured if Jim can sell points for money, I should be be able to give ours away. You are in inspiration.

durango5000

Reaction score
This becoming an ordeal. Years ago the seller's husband died, and she paid Wydham $299 to transfer membership to a trust. She has a paper trail, and it was a hassle to get the membership transfered.

Wyndham now says the transfer to the trust did not happen, and rejected the transfer to the buyers. Indeed Wyndham at first said the seller had to pay another $299 (that would thus total $3 short of $1000 to Wyndham to transfer title from the deceased to the buyers).

Wyndham later acknowledged that the $299 from the death of the seller's husband had been paid, and the trust paperwork, death certificate, etc. have all been re-submitted. A month later, Wyndham still has not transferred the membership.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wyndham resale transfers can take 45-60 days, so as long as Wyndham says all the necessary paperwork and fees have been submitted, it is "hurry up and wait".

TS

durango5000

Reaction score
Fully transfered.

We are beyond day 60.

As of May 14, Wyndham completed the transfer to the buyer. The buyer was able to use the 2013 membership points in May, 2013 (at a different resort) so it turned out very well for the buyer as I hoped it would.

The seller, my wife's aunt, is extremely relieved. Thanks to TUG for guiding us in this transfer.

:banana:

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
What a nice success story! Durango is such a beautiful place, I hope the buyers have many nice vacations there. Thanks for sharing your experience with us! I think TUG is invaluable. :whoopie:

Janna