• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DC-Enrolled Annual Fee Increases

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
There was a thread (that I can't find now?) where somebody reported that the DC Annual Fee for enrolled Weeks would be increased. Today I noticed that the fee increases - $175 Standard and $215 Premier and Premier Plus - are now on my-vacationclub.com here. You may have to sign in to your account to access the link, or click on "Learn More" then "Simplified fee structure."

Simplified Fees
  1. Pay a single consolidated annual fee for all your bookings (instead of individual fees for each transaction)
  2. The fee covers changing your reservation or length of stay, Interval International membership, lock off, and more
  3. The fee is now only $175*

* If you enroll your weeks with a value of 6,500 Vacation Club Points or more, the total fee is $215.

Last year these invoices were dated 11/01/11 and due 12/10/11. We should be getting billed the increased amount shortly.

(Moderator Note: I'll edit the sticky info when an actual invoice is reported. :) )

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Given that the II fees have increased three times since DC was introduced, this is to be expected. My guess is that MVCI has to pass much of this single fee to II. Since we have saved $1360 in II fees in 2012 alone, I won't complain.

Last edited:

dualrated2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina, Waiohai, Grand Chateau, Desert Springs Villas, Willow Ridge
Mine show a due date of 2012-11-30 for the dues and Maintenance Fees for Beneficial Interests.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Mine show a due date of 2012-11-30 for the dues and Maintenance Fees for Beneficial Interests.

It seems that you own trust points. The MF and annual fee is likely on a different schedule than legacy DC enrolled owners without any trust points.

dualrated2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina, Waiohai, Grand Chateau, Desert Springs Villas, Willow Ridge
It seems that you own trust points. The MF and annual fee is likely on a different schedule than legacy DC enrolled owners without any trust points.

We do and I was surprised at the early due date.

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a thread (that I can't find now?) where somebody reported that the DC Annual Fee for enrolled Weeks would be increased. Today I noticed that the fee increases - $175 Standard and $215 Premier and Premier Plus - are now on my-vacationclub.com here. You may have to sign in to your account to access the link, or click on "Learn More" then "Simplified fee structure."

Last year these invoices were dated 11/01/11 and due 12/10/11. We should be getting billed the increased amount shortly.

(Moderator Note: I'll edit the sticky info when an actual invoice is reported. :) )

Sue, here is the thread: http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178128

FT

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I see our bill on my-vacationclub.com now, due 12/10/2012.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I'm copying the info from your post #1 from over there to simplify the links in the 2013 MF sticky. Thanks for your help. :)
Just got my MVW letter for 2013 MF from Trust Owners

1. Exchange company dues were increased by $20 to $215/Year (PLAT Plus)
2. Modest increase of MF of $25 for me. $109.25/BI new figure for 2013

Thanks for your help, too. :)

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know why, as European resident owners, we also have to pay tax ($23.09) on the $215/year dues?
I guess, as US resident owners, you don't have to pay an additional tax?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Does anyone know why, as European resident owners, we also have to pay tax ($23.09) on the $215/year dues?

Do you pay the tax on your regular weeks based MFs? We are not levied any tax on our DC annual fee in Ohio. It could vary by state I suppose, but I think for most there is no additional tax. Must be an EU or UK thing?

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson

I'm guessing it's a VAT (value added tax). Europe has high taxes and they tax nearly everything that has a price associated with it. Some taxes are pretty darn high. Several years ago I found flights to Barcelona for around $400 per person.........then they added the European taxes to those flights and the cost at least doubled, which caused us to NOT buy the tickets. We took a land based vacation instead.

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score

Really! All I get is the following message:

We apologize that we are currently unable to provide you with access to your maintenance fee and loan accounts online. Marriott Vacation Club International is upgrading certain features of its Owner Web site, and those upgrades have necessitated this outage. You may, however, obtain maintenance fee and loan account information and make any necessary payments via telephone by contacting Owner Services. Please note that we plan to distribute an email communication to our Owners as soon as access has been restored letting you know you can once again access your maintenance fee and loan accounts online. Once again, we apologize for this inconvenience.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

We apologize that we are currently unable to provide you with access to your maintenance fee and loan accounts online. Marriott Vacation Club International is upgrading certain features of its Owner Web site, and those upgrades have necessitated this outage. You may, however, obtain maintenance fee and loan account information and make any necessary payments via telephone by contacting Owner Services. Please note that we plan to distribute an email communication to our Owners as soon as access has been restored letting you know you can once again access your maintenance fee and loan accounts online. Once again, we apologize for this inconvenience.

I am not receiving the same message when viewing the MF area of the site. Though I haven't actually tried to pay the fee yet.

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

I have been able to see my MF bills on the website for a month now.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Both the "Check Status/Make a Payment" and "View Maintenance Fee Package(s)" links on the my-vacationclub.com home page are working for me (although Barony and SurfWatch haven't yet released their 2013 MF info.) Yesterday I was able to pay the DC Annual Dues online through the website.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry for my delay in replying to the question about tax / VAT, I have been enjoying a relaxing day by the pool at Phuket Beach Club.
Yes, this is what it says on my statement and I am sure it is Europe taxing everything
2013 Premier Plus Club Dues 215.00
2013 Spain VAT 23.09
However, I live in the UK, own more weeks outside of Europe than inside and initially enrolled in DC on-line with my US/Caribbean weeks, so why I need to pay Spanish VAT I really do not know.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
UPDATE
Well, I have just had a webchat with Owner Services seeking to clarify this.
Apparently, on the basis of being liable for local taxes in the country you own, we are liable for apportioned taxes
1x Playa Andaluza week and 1x Club Son Antem week @ VAT rate of I believe now 21%
1x Grand Chateau EOY week - no tax due
2x St Kitts Beach Club week - no tax due
I guess this could sort of make some sense?
I would be interested to know if any US residents who also own in Europe have a similar situation?

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry for my delay in replying to the question about tax / VAT, I have been enjoying a relaxing day by the pool at Phuket Beach Club.
Yes, this is what it says on my statement and I am sure it is Europe taxing everything
2013 Premier Plus Club Dues 215.00
2013 Spain VAT 23.09
However, I live in the UK, own more weeks outside of Europe than inside and initially enrolled in DC on-line with my US/Caribbean weeks, so why I need to pay Spanish VAT I really do not know.

At least you did not have to pay the 18% Spanish VAT on the joining fee as I did - together with the fact that we had resale weeks - the joining fee was $1995 and then and another $359.10 for the Spanish tax man. Of course Spanish VAT went up to 20% on Sept 1st.

All this stuff is being administered out of a bunch of temporary buildings on the car park at Playa Andaluz in Spain - hence the tax.

However you are right - if you joined up through Cork as an enrolled owner of US resorts then you should not be paying Spanish VAT on your annual dues.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I guess I am now just looking at all the "extra" costs as the 2013 MFs start to drip through.
The 9.5% increase in our St Kitts weeks grabbed my attention to start with and I have been picking up on the other elements as I read further.
I have also never really understood the level of International Owner Service fee we pay for all our US/Caribbean weeks as non US residents ($34.50 per week for each of our St Kitts weeks)
I recall when I originally asked about this, I was advised that it was to cover the additional cost of international postage and phone calls.
However, we now receive documentation in our e-folios, never get phoned and I can't believe it can cost twice as much to communicate with us about our 2 weeks at the same resort as it would if we just had the one.
So what that 100 or so bucks a time goes towards, goodness knows

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
UPDATE
Well, I have just had a webchat with Owner Services seeking to clarify this.
Apparently, on the basis of being liable for local taxes in the country you own, we are liable for apportioned taxes
1x Playa Andaluza week and 1x Club Son Antem week @ VAT rate of I believe now 21%
1x Grand Chateau EOY week - no tax due
2x St Kitts Beach Club week - no tax due
I guess this could sort of make some sense?
I would be interested to know if any US residents who also own in Europe have a similar situation?

That seems fair - hard luck on me with all my enrolled weeks in Spain !

Ah well - the benefits seem to outweigh the costs - just added 6 nights at Crystal Shores to the trip to St Thomas in 2013.

Flights out of London to Miami using AVIOS for FF seats are very scarce and only becoming available for late Oct 20133 now. BA have 3 flights a day, 7 days per week. Of the 7 days only availablity is on Tuesdays and on that day on only one flight out of 3 - yesterday I grabbed the only two seats in F on the day I could get - which is a week ahead of the check-in at MFC - so booked 6 nights at Crystal Shores using up the remaining points for 2013. Just need the first night in a Marriott in Miami now.

That is the benefit of DC points - could never do that with II.

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
That seems fair - hard luck on me with all my enrolled weeks in Spain !

Ah well - the benefits seem to outweigh the costs - just added 6 nights at Crystal Shores to the trip to St Thomas in 2013.

Flights out of London to Miami using AVIOS for FF seats are very scarce and only becoming available for late Oct 20133 now. BA have 3 flights a day, 7 days per week. Of the 7 days only availablity is on Tuesdays and on that day on only one flight out of 3 - yesterday I grabbed the only two seats in F on the day I could get - which is a week ahead of the check-in at MFC - so booked 6 nights at Crystal Shores using up the remaining points for 2013. Just need the first night in a Marriott in Miami now.

That is the benefit of DC points - could never do that with II.

I recommend you try the South Beach Marriott or the JW Marriott Marquis Miami for your overnight in Miami. Both are nice properties. The Marriott's over by the airport are standard fare nothing special.

FT

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recommend you try the South Beach Marriott or the JW Marriott Marquis Miami for your overnight in Miami. Both are nice properties. The Marriott's over by the airport are standard fare nothing special.

FT

Thanks for the recommendations. To be honest - both would be wasted on us. Flight gets in from London after 7pm and by the time we clear immigration, collect luggage and then clear customs it will be well after 8pm and we will be at the end of a 9 hour flight - OK in First Class but our time zone will be 5 hours out so for us it will be 1 am.

This year we just took the Marriott Airport Shuttle to the Airport Marriott and crashed. Up very early the next morning and we were out and on the road. Hertz has a desk in the hotel and the car was there at the door ready to go. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The concierge lounge for breakfast was rubbish but we expected that and we were on Captiva island for lunch. We have been spoiled by the Marriott Concierge lounges in Bangkok, Singapore and Sydney.

Plan to do the same next time and be on Marco island for lunch. Now if we were staying for several days in Miami - which we plan to do perhaps in 2014 then South Beach it will be.

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations. To be honest - both would be wasted on us. Flight gets in from London after 7pm and by the time we clear immigration, collect luggage and then clear customs it will be well after 8pm and we will be at the end of a 9 hour flight - OK in First Class but our time zone will be 5 hours out so for us it will be 1 am.

This year we just took the Marriott Airport Shuttle to the Airport Marriott and crashed. Up very early the next morning and we were out and on the road. Hertz has a desk in the hotel and the car was there at the door ready to go. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The concierge lounge for breakfast was rubbish but we expected that and we were on Captiva island for lunch. We have been spoiled by the Marriott Concierge lounges in Bangkok, Singapore and Sydney.

Plan to do the same next time and be on Marco island for lunch. Now if we were staying for several days in Miami - which we plan to do perhaps in 2014 then South Beach it will be.

OK. South Beach doesn't really get moving until after midnight anyways but after a long flight its understandable.

On Marco try Michelbob's for some of the best ribs in the area. Take out only but well worth the visit. Link: http://michelbobs.com/

Happy Hour at Stilts restaurant at Crystal Shores also has some very good drinks. Try the Coconut Shrimp as an appetizer as well.

Have fun.

FT