Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Resort Regions > Canada

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old May 6, 2012, 11:32 AM   #1
travel maniac
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 30, 06
Vancouver, Victoria, Seattle - Nov 2012

We are booked in Worldmark (WM) Vancouver, WM Victoria and WM Seattle (Camlin) in Nov 2012 - one week each except 2 weeks in Seattle. We will not have a car with us but may rent a car in Seattle to visit Tulalip during the Thanksgiving sales.

Questions:

1. What is the best way to get from Vancouver DT to Victoria DT? I've seen information on Pacific Coach Lines' buses running that route.

2. Getting from Victoria DT to Seattle DT?

3. We'll most probably fly back from SEA but just in case we fly back from YVR, we'll take the Quick shuttle from seattle to YVR.

I'll copy this thread in Western US section as well.

Any other suggestion/recommendations/opinions welcome!

Thanks.
travel maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 01:58 PM   #2
sue1947
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 23, 09

Resorts: Worldmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by travel maniac View Post
We are booked in Worldmark (WM) Vancouver, WM Victoria and WM Seattle (Camlin) in Nov 2012 - one week each except 2 weeks in Seattle. We will not have a car with us but may rent a car in Seattle to visit Tulalip during the Thanksgiving sales.

Questions:

1. What is the best way to get from Vancouver DT to Victoria DT? I've seen information on Pacific Coach Lines' buses running that route.
Pacific Coach is your best option. Taking a car on the ferry is very expensive and you won't need a car in either Vanc or Victoria so this is a good option. The staff at both resorts are well versed in transportation options and can help you with bus or rental cars for day trips. I think the Pacific Coach stops right in front of the WM Victoria, but call the resort and they will be able to give you the best options. There are also plane connections that land in the Inner Harbor at Victoria; you will watch them come and go all day from the Victoria resort.

2. Getting from Victoria DT to Seattle DT? The Victoria Clipper which leaves from the Inner Harbor in Victoria and lands at the north end of downtown Seattle. The latter is a short cab ride to the Camlin (WM Seattle); you could walk it but it's a long walk with gear so take a cab. Option B is to fly via Kenmore Air. These also leave from the Inner Harbor and land on Lake Union in downtown Seattle. Another cab ride to the Camlin. Note that Alaska air flies into Victoria airport which is about 20 miles out of town and lands at Seatac. This is doable but the logistics are much harder and not worth it; for your destinations, stick with Kenmore.

3. We'll most probably fly back from SEA but just in case we fly back from YVR, we'll take the Quick shuttle from seattle to YVR.

I'll copy this thread in Western US section as well.

Any other suggestion/recommendations/opinions welcome!

Thanks.
My answers in blue above.
Sue
sue1947 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 07:51 PM   #3
travel maniac
TUG Member

Thanks Sue
Old May 8, 2012, 01:40 PM   #4
aptiva
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Sheraton Buganvilias Puerto Vallarta
On a tight time frame== from Seattle (Camlin) we took the Clipper over to Victoria for a day trip.
Then the TRAIN from Seattle to Vancouver (Rosedale on Robson) for a few days, before flying home..to Toronto

Last edited by aptiva; May 8, 2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason: left out info
aptiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2012, 06:44 PM   #5
hellolani
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 2, 11

Resorts: SDO; Fairways of the Mountains
harbour air for vancouver dt to victoria dt

They post last minute discount flights for weekend departures every Thursday at 5pm for that weekend. Flights as low as $45 one way, may be cheaper and definitely faster than pacific coach.
hellolani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2012, 07:59 AM   #6
bellesgirl
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Orlando Intl Resort Club, Buganvilias Resort, UVC Villa del Mar
We are going from Vancouver airport to Nanoose Bay on Vancouver Island. Then we are going back to downtown Vancouver. I was not aware of this bus option. Should we rent a car from downtown Victoria and return it there? We were planning on renting it at Vancouver airport but then we are paying to ferry it back and forth. We won't need the car once we return to Vancouver.
bellesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2012, 06:08 PM   #7
sue1947
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 23, 09

Resorts: Worldmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellesgirl View Post
We are going from Vancouver airport to Nanoose Bay on Vancouver Island. Then we are going back to downtown Vancouver. I was not aware of this bus option. Should we rent a car from downtown Victoria and return it there? We were planning on renting it at Vancouver airport but then we are paying to ferry it back and forth. We won't need the car once we return to Vancouver.
There's another thread that talked about getting to Nanaimo without a car, I'll see if I can find it.

Victoria is not on the way to Nanoose Bay. The latter is NW of the airport while Victoria is SW. 2 different ferry routes. It makes a lot of sense for Victoria where you don't necessarily need a car. For Nanoose Bay, not so much. I'd rent a car at the airport.

Sue
sue1947 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2012, 02:23 PM   #8
travel maniac
TUG Member

Thanks for your help
Quote:
Originally Posted by aptiva View Post
On a tight time frame== from Seattle (Camlin) we took the Clipper over to Victoria for a day trip.
Then the TRAIN from Seattle to Vancouver (Rosedale on Robson) for a few days, before flying home..to Toronto
Old May 15, 2012, 02:26 PM   #9
travel maniac
TUG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellolani View Post
They post last minute discount flights for weekend departures every Thursday at 5pm for that weekend. Flights as low as $45 one way, may be cheaper and definitely faster than pacific coach.
Thanks - this is certainly an option we'll look into. I love TUGGERS!
Old May 17, 2012, 04:45 PM   #10
gnorth16

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 6, 11

Resorts: SDO, HGVC and more...
I took a float plane from Nanaimo to Vancouver and back. The flight and view was incredible. I believe it was harbour air. You could then rent right out of Nanaimo to Nanoose Bay. For the extra cost compared to the ferry, it was worth it!

Nanoose Bay is on my radar for a solo trip....sans kids and wife! Golf, reading and sleeping! They have dates in RCI all the way out to Jan. 2014!!!
Intelligent
Sometimes
Mysterious

gnorth16 is offline   Reply With Quote