Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timeshare Resort Systems > Wyndham Resorts

Wyndham Resorts Discussion of Wyndham Timeshare Systems: Club Wyndham, Wyndham Asia Pacific, Shell Vacations, Equivest, Pahio, Trendwest & Cendent

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old April 23, 2012, 12:15 PM   #1
bccash63

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 12, 07

Resorts: Wyndham pts, The Resort on Cocoa Beach, Tree Tops/AVC, Wyndham Santa Barbara/wk52, Sheraton Desert Oasis
Aargh---owners update

Why oh why did I let them talk me into it. I don't do owners updates--its been 3 1/2 yrs since the last unpleasant experience. Here at Sedona--had to get my 'parking pass'. Told them no not interested in an update 3x. He kept increasing the visa gift card--went from $25 to $75 and a promise of this is only an update on benefits and changes to the program--we are not trying to sell you anything blah blah blah. Can't believe I fell for it Told the saleman I belong to TUG, Wyndham owners forum, was a savy resale buyer, well versed in the program etc., not interested in upgrading or purchasing today. He got mad 'then why are you wasting my time?' I told him this is why I don't do updates--can't believe I let them talk me in to it: I repeat I will NEVER let myself get talked in to another 'update'. Just needed to vent--Dawn
Hope my Broken Arrow Jeep trip is awesome--using the $75 visa gift card to pay for it
bccash63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23, 2012, 12:25 PM   #2
rrlongwell

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 14, 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bccash63 View Post
: ... Told the saleman I belong to TUG, Wyndham owners forum, was a savy resale buyer, well versed in the program etc., not interested in upgrading or purchasing today. He got mad 'then why are you wasting my time?' ...
Thanks for the update on how the Update went. Look on the bright side, you got the gift and did not spend much time there. You may have broke the code on how to get the Owner's Update in a very short period of time.
rrlongwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23, 2012, 12:41 PM   #3
pacodemountainside

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 11, 08

Resorts: Wyndham VIP 315K, AVP Floating Week
Just tell them the truth!

1. They would not give me my parking pass

2. I will rent my soul to the Devil if price is right

3. Only 1(one) in some 15-20 buy. Who lied to you and told you I was that one?

4. Why don't body snatchers tell the truth, you are being signed up for 2-3 hour ordeal where one or more sales people will beat you up, ridicule, lie, etc. Rhetorical question! Would not get my bounty and you would not get any one to try and scam!

Just remember they have to gift you if alive at end of proscribed time or they terminate early per 30 Fairfield Rules of Conduct.
Old April 23, 2012, 01:06 PM   #4
ronparise

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 10, 11

Resorts: Wyndham, Worldmark, and weeks in New Orleans, San Antonio, New Mexico and Hawaii
recently I have been taking Pacos approach.. I just tell the truth. It makes for a painless experience on my side of the table. I cant speak for the salesman however.

my website

my other website
ronparise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23, 2012, 01:14 PM   #5
New2time

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Oct 11, 10

Resorts: Smokey Mountains, 357,000 points
bccash63- going to Sedona in June- guess I can expect to have to get a "parking pass" then- can I avoid the parking pass? What will happen, if anything, if I dont get it there?
New2time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23, 2012, 02:16 PM   #6
artringwald

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 22, 11

Resorts: DRI Point at Poupu, 2 weeks
My first owners update I also got the "we just want to go over the changes in the program" and then the "then why are you wasting my time?". If it's raining and I'm bored, I'll do an "update" without DW. Since no spouse means no gift, and no credit toward their quota, they'll usually give me a newbie to let him practice his lines. It is interested to find out the current selling prices, and amazing that people are still buying at those prices.
artringwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23, 2012, 10:02 PM   #7
rrlongwell

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 14, 11
Quote:
Why oh why did I let them talk me into it. I don't do owners updates--its been 3 1/2 yrs since the last unpleasant experience. Here at Sedona--had to get my 'parking pass'. Told them no not interested in an update 3x. He kept increasing the visa gift card--went from $25 to $75 and a promise of this is only an update on benefits and changes to the program--we are not trying to sell you anything blah blah blah. Can't believe I fell for it Told the saleman I belong to TUG, Wyndham owners forum, was a savy resale buyer, well versed in the program etc., not interested in upgrading or purchasing today. He got mad 'then why are you wasting my time?' I told him this is why I don't do updates--can't believe I let them talk me in to it: I repeat I will NEVER let myself get talked in to another 'update'. Just needed to vent--Dawn
Hope my Broken Arrow Jeep trip is awesome--using the $75 visa gift card to pay for it
You may want to review the following link.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169515
rrlongwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24, 2012, 08:46 AM   #8
jjmanthei05
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 12, 10

Resorts: Resorts: Wyndham VIP Gold - 2.5M (Patriots Place, Smoky Mountains, Glacier Canyon, Ocean Blvd)
I have come to the point of just telling the salesman that I have heard and know about "XYZ" program so they can't start to explain it and That I have paid $386 for my 500,000 points. It usually ends it pretty quick.

Jason
jjmanthei05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2012, 12:34 AM   #9
dr_adventure

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 21, 10
I always tell them - well the person offered me $XXX and I know her job is just to get me to come - Sounds like you need to change your organizational policy if you are upset with me.
dr_adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2012, 06:07 AM   #10
dbmarch

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 11, 12

Resorts: Plantation Village Beach Resort x2(Cayman), Sheraton Vistana Resort, Hyatt Windward Pointe
Quote:
He got mad 'then why are you wasting my time?'
My answer: Because you wanted to give me $75! Why are you wasting my time?

This always happens to me and I usually get kicked out of the room where they are selling (after i get my gift).
dbmarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2012, 09:06 AM   #11
bccash63

TUG Member

Resorts: Wyndham pts, The Resort on Cocoa Beach, Tree Tops/AVC, Wyndham Santa Barbara/wk52, Sheraton Desert Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_adventure View Post
I always tell them - well the person offered me $XXX and I know her job is just to get me to come - Sounds like you need to change your organizational policy if you are upset with me.
I may use this answer in the future-I like it! dawn
Old April 29, 2012, 11:39 PM   #12
momeason
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 28, 07

Resorts: Sheraton Desert Oasis
Quote:
I bet you loved your Broken Arrow trip. We hiked that trail 2 weeks ago. Sedona is awesome!! We got $125 w/o a presentation in Branson today. They decided we were a potential problem...correct on that!
momeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2012, 08:32 AM   #13
bccash63

TUG Member

Yes, the pink jeep tour was awesome. Have never been to Sedona before and can't wait to go back. On a side note-I did a fairly painless presentation with Diamond Resorts for 'the ancients way' helicoptor tour with Red Rock helicoptors--it was fabulous and worth the 90 mins I gave Diamond for $137.05. Although I did tell them at the start that I almost cancelled because of the bad experience I had with my Wyndham owners update.
DAWN
Old April 30, 2012, 09:20 PM   #14
momeason
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 28, 07

Resorts: Sheraton Desert Oasis
We want to go back to Sedona again..maybe fall next time. It was gorgeous!
momeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 05:05 PM   #15
madrusty

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 15, 07

Resorts: Quarter House, New Orleans Fairways Club, Tenerife, Canary Islands Shell Resorts Wyndham
Who needs a parking pass anyway?

I usually don't bother with the parking pass. Never had a problem without it, since it's just a ruse for update.
Kim
madrusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2012, 08:14 AM   #16
Kozman
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: VIP Gold Fairfield Greensprings Powhatan Peppertree Atlantic Beach Silver Lake Resort Lehigh Resort
Quote:
Originally Posted by madrusty View Post
I usually don't bother with the parking pass. Never had a problem without it, since it's just a ruse for update.
Kim
I save and sometimes use my old ones. No one ever looks unless your car catches on fire or is blocking something.
Kozman is offline   Reply With Quote