Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Resort Regions > Europe

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 20 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old April 13, 2012, 10:19 PM   #1
fluke
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 12, 10

Resorts: Marriott DC (Legacy) Premier Plus; DRI silver elite, Sheraton Desert Oasis x 2, DVC-SSR
Apartment Rental in Rome or Venice

I was wondering if anyone has had any good experiences in renting apartments in either Rome or Venice? I have been on the internet searching out a few places but wanted to hear from someone who has already done it. Thanks.
fluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2012, 11:08 PM   #2
MaryH
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 9, 05

Resorts: Hyatt Beach House, KW; RHC (Allen House LON, Powell Place SF, Citidines Paris), Chateau Orleans, NOLA x2; IPV ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluke View Post
I was wondering if anyone has had any good experiences in renting apartments in either Rome or Venice? I have been on the internet searching out a few places but wanted to hear from someone who has already done it. Thanks.
In the sightings RCI has a LM Venice unit.

RHC has something in Rome, Mayfair residence. I had friends that rented in Tuscany but not actually in Rome or Venice.

maybe try vrbo.com
2013: Hotel: Vendome Paris, Westin NOLA
MaryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14, 2012, 12:04 AM   #3
Carolinian

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05
I usually use booking.com to find good hotel prices if I am not timesharing. I have done apartment rentals in Croatia, St. Petersburg in Russia, and in Budapest with good results, but never tried it in Italy.
Old April 14, 2012, 01:14 PM   #4
PStreet1

TUG Lifetime Member

We rented an apartment in Rome last November and were very pleased with the experience.
Old April 14, 2012, 05:16 PM   #5
fluke
TUG Member

Resorts: Marriott DC (Legacy) Premier Plus; DRI silver elite, Sheraton Desert Oasis x 2, DVC-SSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by PStreet1 View Post
We rented an apartment in Rome last November and were very pleased with the experience.
Did you use a specific website or company? I see multiple websites/services so I was wondering which websites/services people have had good experiences with.
Old April 14, 2012, 06:05 PM   #6
bobpark56
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 3, 08

Resorts: Marriott Grande Vista, Westin Lagunamar, Westin St John, Sandos Caracol, DRI (The Club), Festiva Points
Crosti Hotel/Apartments

Check out...

http://www.crostihotel.it/en/node/15

We stayed here last March (for a very reasonable price) and found it not luxurious, but quite acceptable. The restaurant they own is also good, with special rates for folks staying at either their hotel or their apartments. Be sure to make an appointment, though, as the restaurant can be crowded...especially on a Monday, when many other restaurants are closed.

--bp
bobpark56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14, 2012, 07:37 PM   #7
PStreet1

TUG Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluke View Post
Did you use a specific website or company? I see multiple websites/services so I was wondering which websites/services people have had good experiences with.
We rented from VRBO.com. After we rented, we discovered rave reviews for Giovanna, our landlady on Trip Advisor.com. As it turned out, they were so right on their reviews of Giovanna that I would rent anything Giovanna told me to. She took us on a night sight seeing tour of Rome; she told us where to go to shop; she told us where to go to eat; she told us what to see----the list goes on and on. It was a totally wonderful experience!
Old April 14, 2012, 10:20 PM   #8
spencersmama
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 1, 11

Resorts: WKORV-N, DVC
Do you want apt rentals, not timeshares? My friend used http://www.homeaway.com/ last year to book rentals for her family's month long trip to France. (Her, DH, two teens) I've been checking them out for my trip to Europe next summer. There are a ton of choices for the cities I'm looking into, so I've been sticking with the ones with multiple great reviews. We will have me, my DH, 2 teens and my mother. It looks like I can rent some 2 or 3 bedroom apts for the same price as just one hotel room.
spencersmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2012, 10:00 AM   #9
hibbeln
TUG Member

Resorts: Lawai Beach Resort, Kauai
We've rented twice through www.rentalinrome.com while in Rome and once with www.palazzoolivia.it. I like rental in Rome's photos and videos they have for the flats, as it makes it so you can really tell what they look like.
Check out the site www.slowtrav.com or maybe it's www.slowtravel.com as they have reviews of European apartment rentals.
Old April 15, 2012, 12:44 PM   #10
hibbeln
TUG Member

Resorts: Lawai Beach Resort, Kauai
ooops, that's www.palazzo-olivia.it
Old April 15, 2012, 04:57 PM   #11
fluke
TUG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencersmama View Post
Do you want apt rentals, not timeshares? My friend used http://www.homeaway.com/ last year to book rentals for her family's month long trip to France. (Her, DH, two teens) I've been checking them out for my trip to Europe next summer. There are a ton of choices for the cities I'm looking into, so I've been sticking with the ones with multiple great reviews. We will have me, my DH, 2 teens and my mother. It looks like I can rent some 2 or 3 bedroom apts for the same price as just one hotel room.
Yes I am looking at apartment rentals. Yes I have found the same, the price beats hotels significantly. I am just a little bit hesitant about renting without solid references. I am a little concerned about quality.
Old April 15, 2012, 05:01 PM   #12
fluke
TUG Member

Maybe I should add I am looking for a something that could fit 3 adults and 3 kids.
Old April 15, 2012, 08:42 PM   #13
spencersmama
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 1, 11

Resorts: WKORV-N, DVC
There are plenty of places on the website I mentioned with multiple great reviews. I have looked at places in Rome myself for next year and have a list of about 10 or so that are possibilities, and i haven't even looked at everything.
spencersmama is offline   Reply With Quote