• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free RCI Points starter unit 24,667 low MF - Free Points

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
PM me if you are interested

2 bedroom lockout (unit (float 4603) week 43 for deed purposes)

Free as in no money to me - buyer to pay closing costs - Triennial unit at Vacation Village @ Parkway.

This unit is enrolled in the RCI Points program (a $3000 value) and is awarded 24,667 points every year. The Maintenance fee (including taxes is $724 per usage) so it costs $242 (1/3 of $724) for each years 24,667 points.

MF's were paid in 2011 and will not be due again until Jan 2014.

The new owner will get the 2012 and 2013 points for free - 49,334 free points!!

Last edited:

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
bump a roo

hrlecl

Reaction score
2 bedroom lockout (unit (float 4603) week 43 for deed purposes)
MF's were paid in 2011 and will not be due again until Jan 2014.

Coincidentally our VV@P triennial is the same years as your (2011, 2014, 2017) but we have the week of Thanksgiving. Eventually we'll probably get rid of that week as the parks are swamped that week. I'd love to pick up weeks 44-45, but 43 is out as Halloween is a big deal where I work.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the great things with points is you get to effectively "move" the week you own to any week you want - provided that you have enough points for it.

I have a week 16 at Meadow Lake in Montana - yet last year I stayed for 5 days over Labor Day week end.

See - that's why you get "points" :D

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bump to top

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
This does not come with an RCI membership, right?

No you have to pay for that but this is a great toe hold into RCI points. You pay a little more for an RCI points membership. I think it's $124 a year but they give you a free weeks account along with it so you can cancel your weeks account if you have one and get a refund.

I own one of these units and use it to do all my points for deposits from my other weeks that I own and don't always use. I get alot of mileage out of even a small contract like this and if RCI changes the rules at least you're only minimally invested in the system unlike owning an annual. ;)

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
$ $ $ For RCI Points.

This does not come with an RCI membership, right?
We gave away 1 like that recently. The new owner had to pay RCI for (a) the new RCI Points account & (b) transferring the points unit (including the previously paid-for & thus "free" points) into the new RCI Points account.

I believe it was in the neighborhood of $124 to join RCI Points & $88 (maybe $99) for the transfer.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Began the closing process with another TUGGER.

I will post outcome when finalized.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Success

This timeshare now belongs to someone else. :D