• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Shearwater for sale on e-bay if anyone is interested

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
EOY-even usage. $1200/yr annual fee

That's not correct. In Pahio parlance, "EOY" is annual usage - it stands for even and odd years. Every other year units are either "EY" or "OY".

This is a common mistake with Pahio properties; I made it myself when we purchased ours. I thought I was buying an every other year unit and when I contacted Pahio after the deal closed, I found that I actually had an annual year usage.

rifleman69

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's not correct. In Pahio parlance, "EOY" is annual usage - it stands for even and odd years. Every other year units are either "EY" or "OY".

This is a common mistake with Pahio properties; I made it myself when we purchased ours. I thought I was buying an every other year unit and when I contacted Pahio after the deal closed, I found that I actually had an annual year usage.

Not my Bali Hai Unit, it's labeled EOY and we have it odd years only.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The unit is deeded as 103E, an even year, garden view unit.

Yes - that makes it even year usage.

Though I'm not sure what is meant by "garden view" at Shearwater. I didn't think there were any view categories at Shearwater.

ouaifer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Actually for Pahio purposes, I believe EOY is Every Odd Year, and EEY is Every Even Year, and EY is every year.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Actually for Pahio purposes, I believe EOY is Every Odd Year, and EEY is Every Even Year, and EY is every year.
That is not correct.

On a Pahio deed, "E" means even years; "O" means odd years, and "EO" means even and odd years. So if the usage is annual usage, the deed will say "EO". For example, my ICN# is "424-47-EO".

The linked auction is a deed for 103E, meaning even year usage. Were it an annual usage, the deed would say 103EO.

People who don't know the Pahio ICN system will often mistakenly assume that "EO" designation means "every other year". Holiday Group made that mistake when they sold our Pahio unit to us, and we assumed the same when we made our offer on the unit. We were quite pleasantly surprised to learn that we had purchased an annual usage at an every other year usage price.

Last edited:

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Garden view is what the reseller stated in the ad.
Basically this is a first floor unit. It should still have an ocean view but I believe Pahio originally classified the units as Garden (first floor), Lanai (most of the 2nd floor) and penthouse (3rd floor or 2nd floor without a 3rd floor on top).

rifleman69

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is not correct.

On a Pahio deed, "E" means even years; "O" means odd years, and "EO" means even and odd years. So if the usage is annual usage, the deed will say "EO". For example, my ICN# is "424-47-EO".

The linked auction is a deed for 103E, meaning even year usage. Were it an annual usage, the deed would say 103EO.

People who don't know the Pahio ICN system will often mistakenly assume that "EO" designation means "every other year". Holiday Group made that mistake when they sold our Pahio unit to us, and we assumed the same when we made our offer on the unit. We were quite pleasantly surprised to learn that we had purchased an annual usage at an every other year usage price.

Again, my Bali Hai unit (which is odd years) is clearly marked EOY on our contract.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Again, my Bali Hai unit (which is odd years) is clearly marked EOY on our contract.
Interesting!! Ample opportunities for confusion. Mine is clearly marked "EO".

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wyndham-Shearwa...md=ViewItem&pt=Timeshares&hash=item2ead5e455e

The week sold for a ridiculously low price of $767, but look at the closing costs:

Resort Closings Inc.'s Closing Costs: $475.00

County Recording Fee: $140.00

2010 Maintenance Fees, Taxes Due: $1,220.00

Resort Transfer Fee: $250.00

We own two annual weeks at Shearwater, also first floor units. I love Shearwater, definitely, and if this was an odd-year unit, I might have considered bidding (no fees for this year). I need January 29th for 2011.

Why do you still have to pay $250 transfer fee for the old PAHIO resorts, when the transfer fees for Wyndham is always $100?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
No, I didn't buy it, but if it would have been an odd-year week, I would have bid.

lazlo

Reaction score
Shearwater

No, I didn't buy it, but if it would have been an odd-year week, I would have bid.

[parts of posts that are an ad have been deleted]

I'm new again now, so please excuse me if the etiquette of posting this type of message is wrong. Thanks all.

Dave:whoopie:

Regards,
Dave
Welcome to TUG, Dave. You are excused for posting an ad in your first message. Ads are not permitted in the individual forums, but you are welcome to place an ad in the TUG Marketplace.

Last edited by a moderator:

rifleman69

TUG Member
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wyndham-Shearwa...md=ViewItem&pt=Timeshares&hash=item2ead5e455e

The week sold for a ridiculously low price of $767, but look at the closing costs:

Resort Closings Inc.'s Closing Costs: $475.00

County Recording Fee: $140.00

2010 Maintenance Fees, Taxes Due: $1,220.00

Resort Transfer Fee: $250.00

We own two annual weeks at Shearwater, also first floor units. I love Shearwater, definitely, and if this was an odd-year unit, I might have considered bidding (no fees for this year). I need January 29th for 2011.

Why do you still have to pay $250 transfer fee for the old PAHIO resorts, when the transfer fees for Wyndham is always $100?

I'm sure Wyndham will call the $250 transfer fee fair for maintaining a separate database for Pahio owners only. I smell BS and someone's making an extra $150 on the side.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
TUG member ttt closed my last Shearwater purchase for $200, but PAHIO/ Wyndham got $250. Ridiculous for changing a name in the computer. Alan worked much harder and made less.

We need January 29th at Shearwater, which is why I would have bid on an odd-year week.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Keep checking with RCI. Since you are a Pahio owner, you are not subjected to the 1 in 4 restriction. Although there are a lot less Shearwater weeks in RCI these days, it still pops up now and then...

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Wyndham Shearwater (#2638)
Be the first to write a review
3730 Kamehameha Road
Princeville, HI 96722
USA
808/826-6549

Units that meet your criteria Total Units Available: 1
Unit Type Max Occup
(Privacy) Kitchen Check-In Date Check-Out Date Price