• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Buying aussie points and have some questions

DorotaG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just today I emailed Jerry Naugle to purchase some points from him. I am buying Murray Valley Resort, 2 bedroom, floating week. Title property 37,000
RCI Points. Maintenance $295.00 USD per annum. $1675.00 all inclusive.

I am very excited and can't wait for my points account to get set up. Does anybody know how long this will take? Will I still be able to use the points for our first week of April trip?
How easy is it to deposit my week from week account ) it was already banked in weeks) into points account? It is 2007 week, so I meet 90-days before use date criteria.
Also: how does 1 in 4 rule apply to points? If I exchanged into 4-in-1 resort with weeks this year could I exchange into the same resort with my points? My weeks account is in my name alone, would it help if I had the point account set up in my husband's name? But then, could I deposit my weeks into his points account? What is my best option?

Please help this very excited points newbie!

philsfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
less than a month

I agreed to purchase on 8/27 and had my points account on 9/23. If you tell me what you are looking for, I can check to see if there is anything left in points for whatever date you need. Send me an email with details.

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
DorotaG said:
Also: how does 1 in 4 rule apply to points? If I exchanged into 4-in-1 resort with weeks this year could I exchange into the same resort with my points?

Please help this very excited points newbie!

Madge has stated that the 1 in 4 rule does not apply to a 'points' exchange. If you use your 'points' acct. to make a 'weeks' exchange then the 1 in 4 rule would apply. Do a search on the 'Ask RCI' forum for a more thorough explanation.

Phil

DorotaG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Phil, I will e-mail you. I am looking for something in Florida on the beach most likely. It is my kid's spring break, so can only travel that week (13). I already have two exchanges for 2006, so if I don't get anything, no big deal, kind of left it for the "last minute," usually have something booked at least a year ahead.
I searched on "Ask Madge" but can't really search by 1 in 4 (too short), I scrolled through the pages, couldn't find anything.
Let me see if I understand it right: you are saying that resorts that are in points do not have 1-in-4, but if I exchange into weeks with my points it is still business as usual? I am interested in Grand Mayan/Mayan Palace in Mexico, we just love it there. We just went there last May. I am trying to find a way to exchange there once every 1-2 years. So far, found only 2 possible solutions:
1. Buy into Mayan chain
2. Buy yet another week and deposit into independent exchange company in hopes of getting an exchange.

Thank you for all your help!

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7435&highlight=rule+points

See this thread. Madge also mentioned that Mexican resorts can have different rules that may keep you from trading in even with a 'points' exchange more than once every 4 yrs. She recommended calling the individual MX resort and ask about their policy. The resorts set the policy, not RCI.

Phil

philsfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
only orlando

DorotaG said:
I am looking for something in Florida on the beach most likely. It is my kid's spring break, so can only travel that week (13). I already have two exchanges for 2006, so if I don't get anything, no big deal, kind of left it for the "last minute," usually have something booked at least a year ahead.

The only thing in Florida for week 13 this morning is in Orlando.

Good luck with your new points, if you have questions about the purchase, I'll be happy to share any info I have from my recent purchase.

Len

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
The RCI points system is awesome!

You will love the opportunities that points will afford you that weeks does not. There are so many more resorts, options for longer and shorter stays and the point values are lower than I expected. Except for Orlando. :( That is why we will trade within the 45-day window into Orlando.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
DorotaG said:
Just today I emailed Jerry Naugle to purchase some points from him. I am buying Murray Valley Resort, 2 bedroom, floating week. Title property 37,000
RCI Points. Maintenance $295.00 USD per annum. $1675.00 all inclusive.
Congrats on your purchase! When you say all inclusive, what does that include? Purchase price, closing cost, and your initial year of RCI Points membership, I assume. Doe sit also include a year's MF at your resort?

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Judy,

Here is the web site where you can persue it further:

http://www.austimeshare.com/Weeks.html

It certainly states that it includes purchase price, one yrs MF and RCI ist yr points membership according to the site. Closing costs I couldn't see with a quick look around if it was included. An email and response probably would answer the question, as may someone else here.

philsfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
It does include the 1st year's MF

JudyS said:
Congrats on your purchase! When you say all inclusive, what does that include? Purchase price, closing cost, and your initial year of RCI Points membership, I assume. Doe sit also include a year's MF at your resort?

The MF's are included in the price listed, at least they were for my purchase and there are no closing costs or extra charges. The only thing I ran into was that my credit card company used an unfavorable exchange rate so it cost me a bit more in US dollars than what was listed.

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
The great thing about buying from Jerry is that the purchase price includes the point resort, the first year maintenance fees, the closing costs AND the RCI Point application. You pay him in Australian Dollars, so the final number is always different than listed on his site. And, you get your account up and running in a few weeks.

Lizyyz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Proud Aussie Points Owner

I thought with this thread I would like to announce with a mixture of excitement and nervousness, that I am now the proud owner of 2 weeks at Murray Valley (74,000 points at $2475 all included)! Of course this decision was made after your advice to me previously, checking e-bay constantly and most of all, after weeks of going through all past and present discussions here on TUG. A lot of my questions were answered just by going through those. Thank you all very much! Since this is my first venture into timesharing, even with all I've read here, I'm sure when the official documents come, I still wouldn't know where to begin - and I hope I can count on your help again. My official closing date was Nov. 25th so I probably have to wait another 2-3 weeks. Probably will spend the holidays figuring out how to setup account, etc.
P.S.: I was a bit disheartened when I read about Dani's disappointment: maybe where I plan to go to, the situation will be different. Thanks again to all, and yes, I do plan on a TUG membership!

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Liz,

My first timeshare purchase was a pair of Aussie weeks from Jerry Naugle. You will be happy. You will be doing online searches in a couple of weeks or less. Don't worry about Dani's comments. She is an expert timesharer and she is comparing RCI points to the very sophisticated weeks trading process she has honed over the years. That's not for everyone. You are getting a very good deal and you will find a lot of availability at resorts you will be very happy to visit. In fact, I'll bet after your first trip, you will be pinching yourself to ensure that what you are experiencing isn't just a dream.

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also own a points account from Aussie Timeshare exchange. It is all inclusive. One person mentioned he got a bad exchange rate, but I wonder if it simply wasn't a service fee tacked on to the credit card. You can save a few dollars if you send a cashiers check, but it make take a bit longer to close too. Also some banks will add a service charge on the cashier's check so you may gain nothing. Jerry is very helpful. The one thing that is not clear to me (and I just got my annual statement from Murray Valley) is whether I am going to get a deed as proof of ownership. His add says perpetual ownership, but I have yet to see a deed. It took me about a month to burn through the points. On the other hand, I got some great resorts at relatively low cost.

Lizyyz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jimster said:
I also own a points account from Aussie Timeshare exchange. It is all inclusive. One person mentioned he got a bad exchange rate, but I wonder if it simply wasn't a service fee tacked on to the credit card. You can save a few dollars if you send a cashiers check, but it make take a bit longer to close too. Also some banks will add a service charge on the cashier's check so you may gain nothing. Jerry is very helpful. The one thing that is not clear to me (and I just got my annual statement from Murray Valley) is whether I am going to get a deed as proof of ownership. His add says perpetual ownership, but I have yet to see a deed. It took me about a month to burn through the points. On the other hand, I got some great resorts at relatively low cost.

Three days after I faxed my documents back to Jerry, I checked my credit card to see how much I got charged and with US$/Can.$ exchange (he did say the fee was in US$), it was what I expected in terms of conversion rate. And yes, Jerry was extremely helpful, very patient with all my questions, and did not pressure me at all. I'll see what will be included in my package. I have no big plans with my points, just mini-vacations, so I think my points might last me for a while. On the other hand, if my boss fires me for browsing through TUG all the time at work, then I'd have lots of time for vacation!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
OOOPS. I meant to post this somewhere else