• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Paris Arc De Triomphe

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of converting 7000 of my NYC Club points and staying here this summer. Has anyone stayed here in the last couple of years. Also as a gold what are my chances of an upgrade.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Boy, the name is not very good,:crash: as it is a nice walk from the Arc De Triomphe.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Boy, the name is not very good, as it is a nice walk from the Arc De Triomphe.

OTOH, it's the Hilton closest to the sites+action, and there are Metro stops close by.
BTW, on Trip Advisor, its ranked #69 (of 2000). See http://tinyurl.com/nmvwnf
One review: “Great location”
Another: “Recommend Only If Using Hilton Points”

Having been to Paris, I personally, would rather stay in or near the Latin Quarter,
where there's far more character.... but that's just me.

Last edited:

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am deciding whether to use HIlton points to stay here or Marriott points to stay at the Marriott Rive Gauche? Has anyone been to both or know which location would be better?

Bill4728

Reaction score
I am deciding whether to use HIlton points to stay here or Marriott points to stay at the Marriott Rive Gauche? Has anyone been to both or know which location would be better?
Never been to Marriott Rive Gauche ( we've stayed twice at the marriott champ eyelse) , but the Hilton location isn't bad but it isn't on the beaten path of the champ eylese or the Arc De Triomphe. It is four or five blocks away. This isn't bad it just isn't at the Arc De Triomphe.

Bxian

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We did an award stay there using points in the fall of 2006 and got upgraded to an executive floor room. The room was nice, but not huge. However, the Executive Lounge is terrific-unless things have changed with the economic downturn, they had a wonderful buffet for breakfast. We have Hilton Honors Diamond status, and I e-mailed the general manager in advance of our stay to request lounge access. We were able to walk to the Louvre our first day there (yeah, we were a little nuts-it is a LONG walk).

We actually did a combination stay-4 nights at the Arc de Triomphe property and 4 nights at the Eiffel Tower property. We also took a train trip down to Burgundy and stayed overnight in the lovely little town of Beaune to visit some wineries.

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was at the Hilton on my hotel points the week before Memorial Day this year. We had a very nice room, with a king bed. It was much nicer than a typical European room. I am currently gold, but I was diamond when I made my reservation - not sure if that made any difference. It's in a nice, quiet neighborhood. About a 10 minute walk from the Arc de Triomphe. We got upgraded to the concierge level. Free breakfast buffet each day in the lounge and they were open in the early evening with soft drinks, wine, beer, and hard stuff, along with snacks and warm appetizers. There are many restaurants and cafes an easy walk away.

I'd definitely stay there again.

Elsie Mae

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are alot of very positive comments on TripAdvisor. The reason people say to book it if using points is because it is VERY expensive otherwise. Being you are Gold status you will get access to the Executive Lounge which appears to be one of the best executive lounges available thru Hilton (champagne and good available 24/7). Also, when in Paris you would most likely be using the metro quite. It is too far to walk to all of the sites no matter where you stay.