• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Palace Resort Member

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
As a new Palace resort member wondering if anyone has any advise, tips or otherwise to share......have been to Playacar Palace and also to Vallarta Palace. Thanks in advance....

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
What specific questions do you have? I've stayed and/or played at Coz Palace, Playacar Palace & Aventura Spa Palace. My fave kitchen is at Playacar Palace. My fave for snorkeling is Coz Palace. Aventura Spa is too far removed from walkable sites and culture for my tastes. Staff at all of them is unsurpassed. What's not to love? :wave:

pammex

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Carol...no specific questions, just wanted to get a feel for how other Palace resort members flet about their membership, how best to utilize, etc. etc.

kjgrain

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love Palace Resorts!

We are members also and in the last 3 years we have gone to the Aventura Spa Palace. It is a large resort and we enjoyed the adults only aspect and I loved the Spa. There really isn't a beach there though just inlets carved in the rock with sand but they were nice for snorkeling if you have a fear of being sucked out to sea :)

This year DH and I went to the Sun Palace he wanted to stay in Cancun so went with the Sun Palace for the adults’ only feature. It was also nice it was much smaller but the beach is excellent. It is at the south end of the strip. A walk of about a mile south will get you to club med where there is a peninsula with a small light tower and you can find some nice shells and see a variety of sea creatures. It was a walk.

Due to DH being sick with a head cold and cough when we got there and I got a 104 degree fever 3 days into the vacation and needed3 shots and then I became sensitive to the sun we really enjoyed the Sun Palace. The spa isn’t as nice as the Aventura Spa but they do offer some spa services just not as extensive and no steam room, plunge pools etc like they have at the Aventura Spa. It is a brand new hotel since the hurricane a few years ago. We a planning on taking another couple with us next year when we go back for vacation, I’m counting the days down!

pammex

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great input thanks....sounds like happy members.....I would like to try the above as well as Xpu-Ha Palace and maybe the one on Isla Mujeres.....I know they are smaller resorts....and Xpu-Ha to me sounds very unique. Thanks again for the posts....keep em coming...

laura1957

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am NOT a member, but have stayed at Moon and Aventura - wonderful!!

Have visited Playacar, Cozumel, and Xpu-ha. And you are right - Xpu-ha is VERY unique.

dennisokey

Reaction score
Palace Resorts

It has been several years since we stayed at a Palace Resort but if you stay at the Moon (Cancun) make sure to do the Kitchen tour. It ends with a personal meal with the head chief (Kind of along the lines of sitting at the captains table on a cruise). Anyone not going on tour cannot go to the special dinner.

Great resorts, unfortunate that they are all include. We stayed at the Moon every year while the kids were small

pammex

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know I am probably in the minority but I like the All Inclusive factor...no thinking and to me makes vacation more relaxing, but then again I am in Mexico most of the time, so culture is not my bag, since I kind of live it and we do not hesitate to go out to eat or do tours whether AI or not.

I can't wait to go again to one of them, anyone and gald to hear so many positives. Thanks.

laura1957

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love the all inclusive - it makes everything so easy!! And at Moon and Aventura there are so many restaurants to choose from, and our tours were included also. Xpu-Ha I would really like to stay at also, the units looked really interesting!!

pammex

TUG Member
Reaction score
It has been several years since we stayed at a Palace Resort but if you stay at the Moon (Cancun) make sure to do the Kitchen tour. It ends with a personal meal with the head chief (Kind of along the lines of sitting at the captains table on a cruise). Anyone not going on tour cannot go to the special dinner.

Great resorts, unfortunate that they are all include. We stayed at the Moon every year while the kids were small

This kitchen tour sounds really interesting as well....

If we go to per say the other side, East Coast of Mexico, will have to be 2 weeks since will have to fly, and flight domestically are expensive. So now I am torn...Xpu-Ha for a week and Moon, Sun, Beach..etc...oh boy too many decisions. If i mention to any of you even the slightest thought of buying another timeshare PM me and tell me I have gone crazy.....I cannot have any more!!!

And I just love All inclusive and glad to hear at least some others do!!!:wave:

thecypher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Count me in on the "I love AI" :) I have done cruises before and I thought they were great and relaxing. But once I did the AI in Mexico, I will never go a cruise again. It is so much better than being boxed in on a boat with a little pool. I find the AI at the Palace Resorts to be outstanding. Especially when you are traveling with little kids who wants to go eat out 3 times a day? And this is what a relaxing vacation should be like. Nothing to worry about everything taken care of :) Pure heaven!!

mexico-mvt

Reaction score
Great input thanks....sounds like happy members.....I would like to try the above as well as Xpu-Ha Palace and maybe the one on Isla Mujeres.....I know they are smaller resorts....and Xpu-Ha to me sounds very unique. Thanks again for the posts....keep em coming...

It is sometimes good to stay in smaller resorts where a guest will be attended in a personal way. Just like you said it is unique.
Go for it! Hope you will share your experience in your next post.