• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Universal Marketing Solutions, Inc

rwpeterson

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My parents received a call from these folks wanting to list their timeshare. My parents use their Stonebridge week every year (week 10) and of course this place said they can sell it for $24,000 for a small, upfront fee of $1595.

My wife and I are listed as co-owners on the deed so my parents can't be ripped off by folks like this, so they had to call us too.

I'm sure this is another rip-off - but has anyone heard of this company specifically, positively or negatively?

TIA,
Russ

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Run as fast as you can away from these con-artists. They're worse than most as they're charging twice the going rate.

One simple way to prove to your parents that these are con-artist is to offer a negotiated deal. No upfront fee but you'll give them a 25% commision if they sell their unit or over $20,000. That would be a fee of $4,000 rather than $1,600. If it's so easy to sell that unit for more than $20,000 they'll jump at that offer. Otherwise they're lying through their teeth (which is what they are doing).

Off E-bay I can buy enough 2 bedroom units at Stonebridge for less than $1,000 each to fill up my calander. Heck, if this up-front fee company can sell them for $24,000, then why aren't THEY buying them off E-bay on the cheap and making a killing? Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

Any company that charges an upfront fee to list your property for sale is a RIP-OFF. If they could really sell these properties for what they claim, then they'd charge a percentage fee if and when they sell the property, not before they sell it. Once they have your money they have no incentive to do anything other than advertise it for a ridiculous amount of money and never worry about ever getting an inquiry on it. They already have your money so they don't care.

Last edited:

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I missed in your post that they own a week 10. I believe week 10 is white time or barely into red time. At any rate that should be mid-March. Branson is busiest in the summer months and not so busy during March. While it is picking up since SDC started opening up for spring break, it's still pretty slow then. That particular week they would have trouble selling for $500 and in some cases, I've seen people giving them away just to get rid of the MF's.

scout637

Reaction score
Universal Marketing

I just got a call from Universal Marketing (some guy named Joe). Said he had a buyer for me for some ridiculous amount and passed me on to his boss. I tried to get him to take 25% of the sale price and forget the $1399.00. He told me that was illegal. I proposed lowering the purchasers price by 10K if they would cover the $1399.00. He then hung up on me. Seems allhe was interested in was his upfront fee, hmmm smells like a scam.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I just got a call from Universal Marketing (some guy named Joe). Said he had a buyer for me for some ridiculous amount and passed me on to his boss. I tried to get him to take 25% of the sale price and forget the $1399.00. He told me that was illegal. I proposed lowering the purchasers price by 10K if they would cover the $1399.00. He then hung up on me. Seems allhe was interested in was his upfront fee, hmmm smells like a scam.

Similar call. Told them I'd be happy to get $24 for my Wastegate week figuring they meant $2400. OK they said then its $1399 to start the process. What? $1399 to sell a $2400 week? I'll pay from the proceeds, not before. $2400? No way. We're talking $24,000!

I literally started laughing and thanked them for making my day. They didn't give up as over the next two days I got at least 4 calls fro "supervisors" wondering why the "deal" had been scuttled. What a scam outfit that appears to be. Stay away from them.

retired0444

Reaction score
Universal Marketing Solutions

I was a little worried at first. My husband and I both had two timeshares before our marriage. We decided to rent them, and listed them all. Finally after a few exhausting years of telemarketing calls about listing it, we decided to take them off the market. One day, we recieved a call, and took a chance on selling them with Universal Marketing Solutions. They sold three out of the four inside of three months. The fourth took a little longer as the buyer backed out. Instead of backing out ourselves, and collecting on the refund, UMS offered to rent it out for us, and my husband and I made additional money on the rent of our Palace Resort timeshare till it was sold the following month. I read some negative blogs on UMS, but their sheer volume tells its own story. Thank you for everything, including all my repeated calls to both the customer service number, and Mikes personal cell number.
Regards,
The Young Family
Naples, Florida

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
First time "guest" posting, praising a postcard company. I'm leery. Take it with a grain of salt....:eek:

No details or timeframe. And what does this mean:
...but their sheer volume tells its own story
What do others think?????

I was a little worried at first. My husband and I both had two timeshares before our marriage. We decided to rent them, and listed them all. Finally after a few exhausting years of telemarketing calls about listing it, we decided to take them off the market. One day, we recieved a call, and took a chance on selling them with Universal Marketing Solutions. They sold three out of the four inside of three months. The fourth took a little longer as the buyer backed out. Instead of backing out ourselves, and collecting on the refund, UMS offered to rent it out for us, and my husband and I made additional money on the rent of our Palace Resort timeshare till it was sold the following month. I read some negative blogs on UMS, but their sheer volume tells its own story. Thank you for everything, including all my repeated calls to both the customer service number, and Mikes personal cell number.
Regards,
The Young Family
Naples, Florida

Last edited:

ronstock

Reaction score
Regards,
The Young Family
Naples, Florida

LOL at the obvious UMS shill. :hysterical: