• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New RCI Web Page for Weeks

shmoore

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your transaction cannot be completed at this time. Please call your RCI representative if you need further help.

:ignore: :ignore: :ignore:

This is what I keep seeing when I try to see what is available.
Sandy

DorotaG

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also can't confirm anything and each time I try I have to re-start my search from scratch....

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
One interesting thing is that I can see how many units each of my respective weeks pulls up. Definitely would be an indicator, albeit not definitive of trade power of a week.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I did a search for the week I'm looking for in Hawaii for Sept09 (island other than Oahu or Big Island). I got the sightings posted for Kona, PLUS a bunch for Mexico. HELLOOOO - - I want Hawaii not Mexico!

I don't like the new site either.

DanM

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Definitely works better with IE than Firefox, unfortunately. The only way I can cut the search times down reasonably is put in states/keywords (looks like you can put in both, i.e. colorado ski - identifying good keywords and locations may require some TUG creativity) and date ranges. On the plus side, the worst thing about the old RCI search was limited date ranges and location area, so if they ever get this up to speed it will be much better. I think they bit off more than they could chew with the maps and constant updating. They should let you put in all criteria first on the menu screen on the left and then hit search before updating the lists or maps.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your transaction cannot be completed at this time. Please call your RCI representative if you need further help.

:ignore: :ignore: :ignore:

This is what I keep seeing when I try to see what is available.
Sandy

I got that message too, but when I went to look at my confirmed units, the one I just exchanged showed up.

Since I'm an RCI newbie, I played around a lot on the extra vacations and I really like how I can filter on my searches.

urple2

TUG Member
Reaction score
WOW!!!!!!!!

I just did it confirmed with my last week to trade with and got Allen House in London. First I didn't want it since it was November 28th, 2009 and we wanted thanksgiving week but talked to my wife and we can leave on Thursday night, Thanksgiving day when we are both off from work on Friday the day after Thanksgiving. We will need 1 night reservation somewhere probably at the airport and then a week in London at Allen House:cheer: . Got a 1BR unit # 21 on confirmation.

I first went back on line and put the unit on hold but could not confirm and needed to call RCI. Very strange because I couldn't even see the hold on line but when I called RCI guide he said he could see the unit on hold and confirmed it for us.

Next step is going to be using FF miles with United to on first day that I can try to get the airline tickets 330 days out.:banana:

TUG is the best since I only went on line this morning just to play with the new system then couldn't resist this trade.:hi:

Good for you! :clap:

lgreenspan

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Camper

:) I think the changes are fantastic. I am seeing alot more good exchanges. I like the new format even though it is slower.

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
now i can't confimr anything online

DanM

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For those who can't confirm or see availability, I can with Internet Explorer and can't with Firefox. Are people have the same problems with both browsers?

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
On my deposits I have locked out my 2 bedroom for 1 bedroom and hotel unit. It is really hard to tell the difference which one is which. On the first deposits I can tell because on availability count one is little less than other but on the last deposit both are coming up for same availability count. This is going to be confusing.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
For those who can't confirm or see availability, I can with Internet Explorer and can't with Firefox. Are people have the same problems with both browsers?
FWIW, Safari (on a MacBook) seems to work ok except for HI. When searching HI I'm told how many resorts/weeks are available -- but cannot see the list.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
It is really hard to tell the difference which one is which.
Click on the gold "+" sign next to your deposit. It will expand to show deposit details (week, unit, check-in date, etc.)

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Grrr. I found a perfect week and each time I click on either the Hold or Confirm button I get the message saying the unit is no longer available, please select another week. And my choices still show THAT WEEK! I'm using IE instead of my preferred Mozilla given what other posters here have said. This is so frustrating.

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just called to see if I could confirm the unit online and the VC tells me the unit "is not there" even though I can still see it when I do a new search online. Basically the website is all mixed up and it is showing stuff that doesn't exist?! [Sigh.]

Toughbeat

TUG Member
Reaction score
unavailable weeks showing up

Spoke to RCI Tech Support who explained about the changes made to the system and that they are definitely experiencing some major glitches. I was searching one of my exchanges and it was showing 27 resorts available. However, in trying to HOLD or CONFIRM any of these, it would give me a message that the units are no longer available.

Tech Support stated that they are aware that weeks that are NOT actually available are showing up and they haven't figured out why yet. They are working on the problem. He further said that the way to really find out if the units are availabe is when you try to either HOLD or CONFIRM them. If the system allows you to do so, then the units are available. If you can't hold or confirm any exchanges, it's because they are NOT really available.

Geez, and I thought I had snagged me a sweet Hawaii exchange next summer!!!!!!!!!! easy come, easy go!:crash:

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
New RCI Weeks

I like the new weeks system concept.

It shows how strong your various weeks pull for a certain area.

West coast of Florida and Myrtle Beach on the Ocean timeshares are pulling the best for me.

abdibile

TUG Member
Reaction score
Come on guys!

How can you complain about this cool system?

It is way better than only being able to search for 10 weeks at a time!

It seems to be working much smoother now.

I have not been kicked out for an hour now.

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I don't have anything deposited currently so can't play with the new search facility. If I'm right in my understanding of what is being said, I approve of simply being able to put in a date range, without area, to see what is available.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Seems to work fine. No speed demon though

Come on guys!

How can you complain about this cool system?

It is way better than only being able to search for 10 weeks at a time!

It seems to be working much smoother now.

I have not been kicked out for an hour now.

I had to go in & play around too. No problems - using Firefox - times are no worse than before the change (but no better) while the ease of search is greatly improved. Search the whole country for 24 months out . Thats great. Plus far more inventory than #2. I would of course like to see it done faster - hopefully they will improve that - but the improved search is worth the short delay in getting results. Better than 99% of the changes usually made.

Toughbeat

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree that the new search feature of being able to view exchanges far in advance is great. But for those of you who are seeing all those supposed available exchanges, are you actually able to hold or confirm them?

I'm still getting tons of Hawaii ones but can't hold any.

lawren2

Reaction score
I actually sent this via e-mail to my contact at RCI IT

Dear X @ RCI,

Although we appreciate that your search engine has undergone improvements, we do not care if there are 160,417 units available for exchange over a two year period worldwide against our deposited week. We have no desire to know that there is availablity in China in February or the caribbean during hurricane season. We apprciate being able to target our locations and timeframes before we are given the search results.

The way things stand now it is taking over 30 minutes to determine that there is NOTHING available for our area and dates. Although some choice weeks show as available they cannot be booked on-line or via telephone.

We much prefer to be disappointed immediately.

Signed

Lawren

mrsmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vacation Plans screen is wrong, confirmation is blank

Finally got to my desired resort after a long wait and it won't show me the list of available weeks. It just says the transaction can't be completed at this time and to contact a guide. I've been trying to switch to another deposit, but it doesn't seem to be getting there.

It also gave me a moment of panic when I checked my vacation plans. My Sheraton Vistana exchange was on the list, but showed a checkin date in June 2009, not March. I was in a panic thinking that I had booked the wrong dates. I dug out the printout, which had the right dates. I also clicked on the display confirmation and the dates were right. Thank goodness.

This may be an effort to display availability more like II, where you can see more than 10 weeks at a time. A good idea if they can make it work right.

Sheila

Sheila, my "VACATION PLANS" screen is screwed up too. Both my exchanges are off; one by only one day and one by 5 days. Earlier I could hit the display confirmation and it showed the correct check-ins, a few minutes ago now it was completely blank, now they're back again. Good thing I had previously printed them. I went through the same panic last night. I wonder how long it will take them to get this part of it fixed. You don't suppose they just dropped a bunch of bookings, do you? Maybe that's why some stuff is showing up available!?

Crystal :crash:

Last edited:

Larry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sheila, my "VACATION PLANS" screen is screwed up too. Both my exchanges are off; one by only one day and one by 5 days. Earlier I could hit the display confirmation and it showed the correct check-ins, a few minutes ago now it was completely blank, now they're back again. Good thing I had previously printed them. I went through the same panic last night. I wonder how long it will take them to get this part of it fixed. You don't suppose they just dropped a bunch of bookings, do you? Maybe that's why some stuff is showing up available!?

Crystal :crash:

Yes, happened to me too where all my exchanges have the wrong dates and panic set in. I then click on the exchange to "view or print confirmation" and it has the correct dates on the confirmations.

Hope they fix this soon before their computer geniuses mess up everyone's confirmed weeks.:shrug: :crash: :wall:

urple2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dear X @ RCI,

Although we appreciate that your search engine has undergone improvements, we do not care if there are 160,417 units available for exchange over a two year period worldwide against our deposited week. We have no desire to know that there is availablity in China in February or the caribbean during hurricane season. We apprciate being able to target our locations and timeframes before we are given the search results.

The way things stand now it is taking over 30 minutes to determine that there is NOTHING available for our area and dates. Although some choice weeks show as available they cannot be booked on-line or via telephone.

We much prefer to be disappointed immediately.

Signed

Lawren

Exactly...!