• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Back on line! Just venting.

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Amazing how one takes for granted having internet access! Our cable company is doing an "upgrade" in our area (whatever that is supposed to mean) and because of that, we ended up with no internet service (and very fuzzy TV channels) for almost a full week. 'Course when you called them and finally got to speak to a live person (usually meant being on hold for 45 minutes), you were told a different story each time.

Finally got everything back in working order late last night and couldn't wait to sign onto TUG this morning and find out what everyone was discussing. Really missed you guys!

Thanks for letting me vent and hope everyone has a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a safe NEW YEAR'S!!!!!!!!:hi:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Glad you are back online! What a nightmare.

Now you need to call that cable company and demand a credit for the week of your outage. You can't let the cable companies get away with that level of "service"!

Kurt

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did get a two week credit applied to our account. Will see if they follow thru, as we have "auto pay" each month, charged to our credit card. Would love to switch companies, but we live in a small community, so our cable company has a monopoly for our area.

Just found out that our neighbor two doors down (end of our street) still does not have internet or cable TV. She's pretty upset, as she works out of her home and can't access her business files. She was going to call and complain again today.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sound liked you have Charter Communications.

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not Charter, Millennium, which just changed it's name to Broadstripe. We never even got any type of notice that they were doing the name change - just showed up on our cable TV one night - looked at my husband and asked "Who is Broadstripe?"!! Ever since they changed, we've been experiencing problems. Coincidence!?!?!?

Htoo0

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack your thread... but talk of taking things for granted- try losing electricity for a week (or more for some) when you're all electric (including water-pump). :eek:

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, HtooO, you're right. I shouldn't be complaining about losing internet, or even having to watch a fuzzy TV compared to the people who have been w/o electricity for over a week now due to the ice storms. So sorry!

Htoo0

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't complaining about your post, just pointing out it's amazing what we take for granted. We were lucky, just a little ceiling damage from ice dams and a LOT of lost trees. Stayed with friends for a few days. At least I had internet at work, I would have really missed it too.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Sorry, I wasn't complaining about your post, just pointing out it's amazing what we take for granted. We were lucky, just a little ceiling damage from ice dams and a LOT of lost trees. Stayed with friends for a few days. At least I had internet at work, I would have really missed it too.

So what do you do during an ice storm ? Is there a main shelter or do you just hunker down ? Just curious. I hope the ice doesn't ruin your Christmas.

Htoo0

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm in OKC and they do have shelters set up although without electricity I guess you call or drive to a fire or police station etc to get info. I hooked up a standard phone and called around for hotels none of which were answering calls and then called a couple of friends to see what they were doing. One offered to let us stay with them so that's how we made it. Anyway I really didn't mean to hijack this thread. Just thought it might be relevant to note how much we miss the everyday things when they're suddenly gone for a bit.

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm in OKC and they do have shelters set up although without electricity I guess you call or drive to a fire or police station etc to get info. I hooked up a standard phone and called around for hotels none of which were answering calls and then called a couple of friends to see what they were doing. One offered to let us stay with them so that's how we made it. Anyway I really didn't mean to hijack this thread. Just thought it might be relevant to note how much we miss the everyday things when they're suddenly gone for a bit.

From your post, I'm assuming you're back home now. Sure hope that you get to enjoy the holidays! Again, sorry about everything you're having to go thru - not a good thing anytime of the year, but around the holidays, just seems to make it worse in my opinion.

We are currently getting our first major snowstorm - predicting up to a foot of snow, with blowing and drifting. I KNEW we didn't leave soon enough for Florida - heading out Jan. 2nd, and won't be back until late February!!! Can't wait to see sunshine again.

EVERYONE HAVE A MERRRY CHRISTMAS AND A VERY HAPPY (AND SAFE) NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!:hi: