• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Know anything about lifestyle coaching?

CSB

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My friend is trying to make a big change in her life. She has had a gift basket business that she ran out of her house because it was something she could do with her children at home. Now kids are big and she would like to do something that uses her people skills. Another friend suggested that she become a lifestyle coach. She is looking into this but I was wondering if anyone knows about this. Is anyone a lifestyle coach themselves and can advise on courses, etc or has anyone hired one?

caribbeansun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have a look here .

I've talked with other people about exactly this although they weren't formal discussions but rather musings over a cocktail or two. There seems to be a market for the service although it does seem to be those in the higher echelons.

I found that people often confused this with fitness coaching which I don't really think it is.

While I can see that this might be a viable service I remain rather unconvinced that people will pay other people to help them spend their money and have a fulfilling life. Then again, if that were true there wouldn't be people enrolled in the programs would there...

grest

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It also has been confused with psychotherapy by some, creating problems if the life coach hasn't been able to identify those needs or has been hesitant to refer appropriately. Pretty interesting concept, though.
Connie

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are numerous associations of folks who do this type of coaching. Sometimes, a licensed professional makes this type of career change. I would never use anyone not licensed as a social worker, psychologist, or marriage and family therapist or professional counselor. At least you know that these professionals have training and ahold to some type of ethical standard. Anyone at all can call themselves a life style coach and charge any fee they want, without any credentials whatsoever.