• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORVN views

wingkng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wandering if anyone know which part of the buildings in the works at WKORVN are considered Ocean Front, Ocean View, and Island View. I just bought Ocean View and wants to know what I will get someday.

Also, what are the view categories available to WKORV owners now?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Can't tell you about WKORVN, but these are the views for WKORV-

Look at this diagram - http://www.westinkaanapali.com/ag.htm

The lobby is in building 1, on the left/north side of the pool the next building is #2, across the pool (right/south) is building #3, and behind building 3, next to the highway is building #4.

All the units in building 2 & 3 facing north (left) and south (right) on both sides of the buildings are considered ocean view. In building 4, most of the units facing the ocean are considered ocean view. The units on the highway side of building 4 are island view, and the units at the ocean end of building 2 & 3 are ocean front.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
wingkng said:
Hi,

Just wandering if anyone know which part of the buildings in the works at WKORVN are considered Ocean Front, Ocean View, and Island View. I just bought Ocean View and wants to know what I will get someday.

Also, what are the view categories available to WKORV owners now?
I can only comment what we did - we rescinded OF WKORVN and bought WKORV OF Deluxe resale because we wanted true OF. The WKORVN OF are angled to the ocean. We paid a hefty premium, but ALOT less than WKORVN OF (larger with about the same MFs).

MON2REY

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll make an attempt at explaining the views at WKORVN. Since you are an owner you should have the loose-leaf binder they provided you so you should have a diagram of the overall layout. The complex is made up of four buildings (5,6,7,& 8). Buildings 5 & 6 are connected (7 may also be connected but I'll deal with it later) to form a unit that looks somewhat like the Big Dipper at an angle of about 45 degrees to the shoreline. Bldg 5 would be the handle of the dipper and is made up of 8 lockoffs on each floor. These units are all Ocean Front units. Bldg.6 is the cup and is made up of all Island View units and the lobby and restaurants, etc. Bldg 7 runs parallel to the north end of the property and is attached to the lip of the cup and from the lip the units head back toward the main street (remember that a greenbelt borders the property on the north so there will be no building right next to these units). Bldg 7 is described as "Ocean & Island on Ground & Lobby Levels, Ocean on Levels 3 & Up". Bldg 8 is north of Bldg 5, across the pool area in the NW corner of the complex and is made up of 7 lockoffs on each floor, all of which are Ocean Front. The parking lot will be adjacent to the side of Bldg 6 in the NE portion of the complex, between Bldg 6 and Bldg 7

I hope this helps.

wingkng

TUG Member
Reaction score
MON2REY said:
I'll make an attempt at explaining the views at WKORVN. Since you are an owner you should have the loose-leaf binder they provided you so you should have a diagram of the overall layout. The complex is made up of four buildings (5,6,7,& 8). Buildings 5 & 6 are connected (7 may also be connected but I'll deal with it later) to form a unit that looks somewhat like the Big Dipper at an angle of about 45 degrees to the shoreline. Bldg 5 would be the handle of the dipper and is made up of 8 lockoffs on each floor. These units are all Ocean Front units. Bldg.6 is the cup and is made up of all Island View units and the lobby and restaurants, etc. Bldg 7 runs parallel to the north end of the property and is attached to the lip of the cup and from the lip the units head back toward the main street (remember that a greenbelt borders the property on the north so there will be no building right next to these units). Bldg 7 is described as "Ocean & Island on Ground & Lobby Levels, Ocean on Levels 3 & Up". Bldg 8 is north of Bldg 5, across the pool area in the NW corner of the complex and is made up of 7 lockoffs on each floor, all of which are Ocean Front. The parking lot will be adjacent to the side of Bldg 6 in the NE portion of the complex, between Bldg 6 and Bldg 7

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the information. Does anyone out there have a copy of this map of the property? Does this mean that the Ocean View are located in the buildings farthest away from the ocean?

MON2REY

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you login at mystarcentral.com and check out the resorts you will see construction photos of WKORVN (unfortunately they haven't been updated since June). The bottom photo shows the basic layout. The yellow building appears to be the beginning of Bldg 7. From there it follows the greenbelt back towards the highway. The units all appear to have a view toward Molokai over the greenbelt. Between the yellow building and the beach is where Bldg 8 will be built.

divenski

TUG Member
Reaction score
DeniseM said:
Can't tell you about WKORVN, but these are the views for WKORV-

Look at this diagram - http://www.westinkaanapali.com/ag.htm

The lobby is in building 1, on the left/north side of the pool the next building is #2, across the pool (right/south) is building #3, and behind building 3, next to the highway is building #4.

All the units in building 2 & 3 facing north (left) and south (right) on both sides of the buildings are considered ocean view. In building 4, most of the units facing the ocean are considered ocean view. The units on the highway side of building 4 are island view, and the units at the ocean end of building 2 & 3 are ocean front.

Denise,

Are the ground floor units of buildings 2 and 3 considered OV? Seems like that's a stretch, and especially for the North side units, which are going to have WKORVN as part of the view. Was thinking about buying a resale WKORV OV unit, but am now having some 2nd thoughts.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
divenski said:
Denise,

Are the ground floor units of buildings 2 and 3 considered OV? Seems like that's a stretch, and especially for the North side units, which are going to have WKORVN as part of the view. Was thinking about buying a resale WKORV OV unit, but am now having some 2nd thoughts.

Yes, they are. But as an owner, you should never have to stay in one of those units as long as you make your Resv. 12 mos. out.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
The view catagory for WKORVN is convoluted. I tried to get this info last Friday - and looking at it was still hard to follow. The 1st couple of floors in the back buildings are considered 'Garden View' and the top floors 'Ocean View' if they face the ocean. The diagram I saw had a multi-color breakdown. Pretty much - units facing the ocean directly are 'Ocean Front' (of course) - with anything on a higher floor (3-6) in the back buildings facing the ocean considered 'Ocean View' with everything else 'Garden View' (their words) or Island View.

It would be a drag to be facing the island/highway (for us at least) - the buildings are closer to the road than WKORV. The road is busy and noisy (with no protection) - along with the whistle from the Sugar Cane Train (if that bothers you).