• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Please contact MVCI if you have questions! (contact info included)

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The discussions here on this forum definitely add to our collective knowledge. However, our conclusions and responses here are not necessarily authoritative. MVCI wants us to contact them if we have questions about the new program. They are on mandatory overtime to assist us.

In addition to Owner Services, we can also contact MVCI's Consumer Advocacy group for help.

Because every situation is different and each owner is unique, please contact them when convenient so that a Vacation Ownership Advisor or Marriott Vacation Club representative can assist you.

Marriott Vacation Club Owner Services
800 845 4226
Hours: 9 AM - 9 PM EST (Monday - Friday)
9 AM - 5 PM EST (Saturday & Sunday)

Marriott Vacation Club Corporate Office
Customer Advocacy
800 936 6824
customer.advocacy@vacationclub.com
Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM EST (Monday - Friday)

As a footnote, please avoid hounding these people with lengthy complaints about the new system. They are there to provide info and answer questions and the reps are not currently in a position to do anything about what you don't like about the new system.

As a second footnote, when given info, please remember to ask where the info you are given is written (if it is) so that you can share the source with us.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't think Owner Service reps are the right people to direct complaints to. But wouldn't the Customer Advocacy office be the place to send complaints? I don't see how a sending a well thought out complaint is considered hounding. I think written e-mails and letters are far better than a phone call.

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
We would like to get official answers. Is there a way to accumulate a list of frequently asked questions and get an offical answer?

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
So far, there is no such thing as an "official answer". Different reps often give different answers to the same question. That is to be expected for now because the reps are human and the system is quite complex.

The best source for accurate or reasonably info seems to be (1) the documents and explanations at the MVCI site, (2) the individual threads here on various topics and the reports of conversations or chats that are reported on this forum, especially in this "first-hand reports" thread. So please don't start a new thread devoted to "what are the real answers"! We already have several of those.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I think the disclosure guide and exchange procedures documents are the best source of information. Read those two documents in their entirety and you will know more facts than most people here.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
But wouldn't the Customer Advocacy office be the place to send complaints?
My understanding is that, at this point, the Customer Advocacy group is devoting most of its resources to assisting Owner Services in responding to questions and providing info. That will only intensify as the e-mails to almost 400,000 individual owners are opened.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
When you go through the online enrollement process, on the page where it shows the points you would receive and the cost there are at least three clickable links to the official documents. My suggestion would be to go to those documents, click the links and then print them out. It is the ONLY reliable source for the rules and information on this program. Between that and discussion here on how you could use the program should help anyone understand if the program will work for them.

nygiants11991

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the disclosure guide and exchange procedures documents are the best source of information. Read those two documents in their entirety and you will know more facts than most people here.

Dioxide, where do you find the disclosure guide & exchange procedures?

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
All of this information can be accessed by links on the enrollement page. Go to my-vacationclub.com and click on new program information link, then click on enroll. From there you will be directed to a page that tells you the number of points you will receive and the cost to join. ON THAT PAGE are links to the information you're asking about.

Clicking on the Enroll Now link will not automatically enroll you in the program. I suspect people can't find this information because they believe if the click that link, they'll be enrolled. Marriott wants you to agree to the points, agree to the terms and give them payment information BEFORE you're enrolled.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Those guides are helpful, of course, but some of the information in there still leaves many questions unanswered and, while I am not an attorney, seems to be open to interpretation. For example- among many other issues- it clearly states that one can deposit one's week using the online service at II and put in a request online, which implies (as Dave pointed out) that online access via the II club account was retained. However, I have specifically been told by 3 different reps that you can only use your vacation adviser to search and the only online access would be for Getaways, and that only if specially requested, and that for online access one must pay separately for a second II account. Now, the last agent told me there would be full online search capabilities. All responses did not seem to contradict the written guidelines, but were very different.

I, for one, would appreciate concrete clarification on that issue. I have already e-mailed them on a different topic, but will request information on this when I hear back on the other (don't want to overstay my welcome ;) ), unless someone gets the definitive info. in the interim. Thanks for the e-mail contact, Dave.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Those guides are helpful, of course, but some of the information in there still leaves many questions unanswered and, while I am not an attorney, seems to be open to interpretation. For example- among many other issues- it clearly states that one can deposit one's week using the online service at II and put in a request online, which implies (as Dave pointed out) that online access via the II club account was retained. However, I have specifically been told by 3 different reps that you can only use your vacation adviser to search and the only online access would be for Getaways, and that only if specially requested, and that for online access one must pay separately for a second II account. Now, the last agent told me there would be full online search capabilities. All responses did not seem to contradict the written guidelines, but were very different.

I, for one, would appreciate concrete clarification on that issue. I have already e-mailed them on a different topic, but will request information on this when I hear back on the other (don't want to overstay my welcome ;) ), unless someone gets the definitive info. in the interim. Thanks for the e-mail contact, Dave.
I totally agree. Having procedures and costs that are not clear and open to interpretation is NOT the way to make an informed purchasing decision on.
I just wrote the advocacy group to clear up the use of II for exchange requests to other Marriott resorts (my week for another week exchange requests, as we do prior to the new Destinations Club). Is it the same procedure as now? and is the exchange cost covered by the annual Destination Club dues (currently $165).

Dave. Is there plans to create a new set of FAQ's with confirmed answers to new-program related questions (such as the one I am asking the Advocacy group) ?

Last edited:

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
....For example- among many other issues- it clearly states that one can deposit one's week using the online service at II and put in a request online, which implies (as Dave pointed out) that online access via the II club account was retained. However, I have specifically been told by 3 different reps that you can only use your vacation adviser to search and the only online access would be for Getaways, and that only if specially requested, and that for online access one must pay separately for a second II account. Now, the last agent told me there would be full online search capabilities. All responses did not seem to contradict the written guidelines, but were very different.QUOTE]

This is good news. I haven't had the time to access and read all of the documentation, however, did spend an hour on the phone with a rep last Sunday. Of special concern to me was the ability to access II online 24/7 as we currently do. Without that access, joining would be a dealbreaker for me. She checked with a supervisor and advised me that I would continue to have II access as I do now or I could call Marriott and have the advisor handle all exchanges for me whether Marriott to Marriott or external.

I'm holding off joining until some of these issues are really clear. I do not anticipate using points except maybe with the Grand Chateu week as the mf to point ratio is extremely favorable, but will continue with weeks. The only reason for joining is savings on the nickel and dime fees I currently pay. Before I join, I want to understand the cons in joining for my situation.

Ingrid

taffy19

Reaction score
Here are all the links together that Marriott Vacation Club members can read once they start the enrolling process. You have to check the "Agreed" check box and it becomes visible on the next page. I haven't gone any further. :wall:

Program Exchange procedures

Marriott Vacation Club Collection (2011 - 2012 points charts for all
resorts)

Program Disclosure Guide

Addendum for PlusPoints

Marriott Rewards Terms and Conditions

Interval International Buyer's Guide

taffy19

Reaction score

Can't we start a list of unanswered questions from these documents in a new thread so we can have the list ready when we talk to a Representative? I don't even understand half of the legal language so don't know what to ask but I have written the questions down that people have asked in the forum here. It's very helpful so thanks everyone. :)

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Anytime things are not made clear in writing should be a HUGE red flag. If it's not in writing, it didn't happen. I've been told to many things only to be told at a latter date that either I was told wrong or I misunderstood. Marriott MUST clear up what's in writing and be more definitive. Otherwise they might as well be Westgate.

tiel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree the MVC Destination documentation should be the source for all information about the new program, and should be referred to when there are questions. The problem is, the documentation is NOT written for the average consumer, as it is NOT written in plain English text. It is primarily legalese, and very difficult to understand, even with a couple of readings. It is clear the documentation is NOT clear, given all the questions raised here, and obvious confusion it has created with many TUGgers and the Marriott reps.

It would seem it would be to the advantage of Marriott advisors/sales personnel, current owners (including TUGgers), and eventually prospective customers, if Marriott would publish additional FAQs as soon as possible. Ideally, those FAQs would address most of the issues raised on this board. Perhaps TUGgers could contribute a list of the biggest issues at this point, and Marriott could publish the answers on their website with the set of FAQs there. There SHOULD be someone at Marriott who could address these issues officially, and quickly.

Is this something TUG could influence Marriott to do? It seems like it is a win/win idea. Anybody have any thoughts and/or know how we might go about this?

Just an idea that would help us, and we're guessing many others. :shrug:

Last edited:

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree the MVC Destination documentation should be the source for all information about the new program, and should be referred to when there are questions. The problem is, the documentation is NOT written for the average consumer, as it is NOT written in plain English text. It is primarily legalese, and very difficult to understand, even with a couple of readings. It is clear the documentation is NOT clear, given all the questions raised here, and obvious confusion it has created with many TUGgers and the Marriott reps.
TOTALLY AGREE (and I thought I was the only one who has not mastered my basic reading skills), it is all mumbo jumbo to me, especially after a long day at work and dealing with the kids after that.

It would seem it would be to the advantage of Marriott advisors/sales personnel, current owners (including TUGgers), and eventually prospective customers, if Marriott would publish additional FAQs as soon as possible. Ideally, those FAQs would address most of the issues raised on this board. Perhaps TUGgers could contribute a list of the biggest issues at this point, and Marriott could publish the answers on their website with the set of FAQs there. There SHOULD be someone at Marriott who could address these issues officially, and quickly.

Is this something TUG could influence Marriott to do? It seems like it is a win/win idea. Anybody have any thoughts and/or know how we might go about this?

Just an idea that would help us, and we're guessing many others. :shrug:
Similar to my first post above - where I suggest having a Marriott rep post answers here (like over in FlyerTalk).

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
What is sad IMO is that it didn't need to be this way. Other points programs have a membership guides that are relatively easy to read and understand. Marriott could have/should have taken the time to produce an easy to understand users guide with the rules CLEARLY spelled out in terms easy to understand. It's another dissapointment for me with how Marriott has done this and one more reminder that, as a current owner, I'm not nearly as important as future new owners that are land trust owners only.

Again, IMHO these are all red flags and reasons no to join at this point. So far Marriott has given owners many reasons to question them but very few solid answers. I don't trust just the word of a rep on the phone or in person. I don't trust what a salesman tells me. I only trust what I can see and understand that is in writing AND binding. If it's in writing but can be changed by Marriott at any time, that's pretty much the same as not being in writing at all.

At the begining of June, I felt Marriott was a trusted name. I felt Marriott was my best ownership out of the four management groups. Right now Marriott is sitting at the bottom along with Spinnaker and, I'm not so certain that Spinniker isn't treating me better than Marriott.

Right now I feel like Marriott is treating owners like mushrooms. We're pretty much in the dark and .......well, you know what they feed mushrooms.

GaryDouglas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean
Club Suites and Villas
Here are all the links together that Marriott Vacation Club members can read once they start the enrolling process. You have to check the "Agreed" check box and it becomes visible on the next page. I haven't gone any further. :wall:

Program Exchange procedures

Marriott Vacation Club Collection (2011 - 2012 points charts for all
resorts)

Program Disclosure Guide

Addendum for PlusPoints

Marriott Rewards Terms and Conditions

Interval International Buyer's Guide

Here is a link where the above and other documents can be found in my-vacationclub under "Marriott Vacation Club DestinationsTM Exchange Program Enrollment Documentation" (requires log in). I found this using their site-map, but even then I had to chance upon it. Once again, please excuse if this has already been posted before.

If these documents don't answer your questions, then there is no answer.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If these documents don't answer your questions, then there is no answer.

I agree. You will never get a definitive answer that you can trust from an owner services rep.

GaryDouglas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean
Club Suites and Villas
I agree. You will never get a definitive answer that you can trust from an owner services rep.

I am beginning to approach Marriott the same way I do the IRS, any time I get a response from the IRS on the phone, I asked for the name of the publication and the page and paragraph. Otherwise, it's just hearsay...

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I am beginning to approach Marriott the same way I do the IRS, any time I get a response from the IRS on the phone, I asked for the name of the publication and the page and paragraph. Otherwise, it's just hearsay...
See the first post in this thread:
...when given info, please remember to ask where the info you are given is written (if it is) so that you can share the source with us.

JimIg23

TUG Member
Reaction score
I totally agree. Having procedures and costs that are not clear and open to interpretation is NOT the way to make an informed purchasing decision on.
I just wrote the advocacy group to clear up the use of II for exchange requests to other Marriott resorts (my week for another week exchange requests, as we do prior to the new Destinations Club). Is it the same procedure as now? and is the exchange cost covered by the annual Destination Club dues (currently $165).

Dave. Is there plans to create a new set of FAQ's with confirmed answers to new-program related questions (such as the one I am asking the Advocacy group) ?

How II will work within the club for deeded weeks is my major concern at this point. I really want the same type of access and trading power I have now, an really dont want to pay two fees to do so. After I nail that down, I will make my final decision.

Please post their response to you on this!

smith_4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was any information mailed to owners about this new points program? I never received any information in the mail or via email. If I had not checked TUG, I would not have even known about these changes. Should we expect to receive information any time soon so that we can make an educated decision on what to do? I'm confused why owners were not made aware of this through email or mail. :shrug: